Karnali one of the finest big volume river trips in the world, a classic expedition into Nepal’s remote, unpopulated “wild west”. From the starting point at Sauli, the river drops into imposing canyons filled with powerful, big volume white water. These canyons flow into scarcely populated areas of pristine jungle teeming with abundant bird and wildlife. Rapids like “Captivity” , “Flip and Strip” and “Gods House” are separated by just enough easier water to regroup and prepare for the next big challenge.
Towards the end of the trip the river gradient begins to ease as the Karnali leaves the mountains and flows out into the Gangetic plains of the Terai. The jungle thickens as the river broadens, and the pristine Beaches become bigger and more beautiful.
Day 01 Kathmandu – Surkhet By Road
We will drive to Surkhet from Kathmandu, which takes about 16 hours. We will spend the night there.
Day 02 Surkhet – Dhugeshwar By Road
After breakfast, we will head towards Dhugeshwor, which is a 6 to 7 hours’ drive from Surkhet.
Day 03 Dhugehswar Rafting
Preparations for the rafting will begin on the 3rd day, where we have to through the rapid called “1st Inquiry”. You will be guided by the professionals for safety and paddling instructions. We will camp on the river bank this day.
Day 04 Rafting day
After all the preparation and a fulfilling breakfast, we’ll start our journey. We will come across big rapids like Jail house today.
Day 05 Karnali Rafting
The adventure of rafting in Karnali will begin on the 5th day. We will hit some rapids of God House, Juicer, Flip and Strip. After rafting further down the river we will reach the conference of Seti Beni, which will be our camp site for the day.
Day 06 Setbeni
This is our Layover day. We will remain unraft at SetiBeni for this day.
Day 07 Jamuna Village Rafting
We will raft almost the entire day today. You will get to witness some enchanting sceneries and hit a few small rapids which will be like relaxing after two days of a thrilling experience. After paddling down further we will reach Jamuna village; the camp site for day 6.
Day 08 Jamuna Village Rafting
Our rafting trip will continue from Jamuna village and we will camp and relax at an unspoiled beach today.
Day 09 Bheri Rafting day
We will continue to raft this day while enjoying the beautiful sceneries and relax throughout the journey as the frequency of the rapids start to decrease. We will set our camp at some instant distance above of Bheri Confluence.
Day 10 Nepalgunj – Kathmandu By Flight
On the final day of our rafting trip, we will reach Chisapani. You can either drive back to Kathmandu or Bardiya National Park for a jungle safari of 2 day; or you can fly back to Kathmandu from Nepalgunj.
Day 11 Depart Kathmandu
Transfer to airport for flight to onward destination.
|Places||Night( s)||Hotels / Camps|
– 10 nights accommodation as per the program in hotels, guest house, camps.
– Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
– Professional English speaking licensed guides highly trained and safety certified to international standards in Whitewater River Guiding, Swift Water Rescue, and Wilderness First Aid
– Professionally trained and certified safety kayakers.
– Gear raft support
– Quality rafting and kayaking equipment, including boats, kayaks, helmets, paddles, PFDs, dry bags and Pelican boxes.
– Accommodation in a camp and all necessary facilities including two man tents, shelters, simple mattress and sleeping bag, toilet tents, etc.
– Treated drinking water
– Two-way transportation – buses, 4WDs.
– River permits.
– Industry standard first aid kit.
– Visas, flights, other taxes etc.
– Personal items like toiletries, clothing, camera etc.
– Alcohol and other packed food.
– Insurance policy: paddlers need to have their own insurance since we only provide insurance to our crew.
– Tips for guides – we pay our guides and porters fairly but if you want you can tip them personally.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.