The Republic of Albania is a mountainous and green country that’s only now appearing on many travellers radar thanks some of the best and least developed beaches on the Mediterranean. Destinations on this trip include the countries capital, Tirana, home to a thriving café culture, the Karaburun peninsula, at the heart of the Karaburun-Sazan National Marine Park, the UNESCO world heritage site of Berat, The Osumi gorge, whose unique ecosystem keeps it green all year round, the Tomorr National Park and Ulza Regional Park, known for its green tourism and lovely man made lake.
Day 01: Arrival into Tirana
Fly to Tirana Airport in Albania and get transferred to your guest house for the night before sitting down for a meal of traditional Albanian food with your fellow adventurers.
Day 02: Kayak Lake Ulza
Drive for around one hour to Ulza National Park and kayak around Lake Ulza, enjoying the fresh air and clear water of this protected nature reserve.
After a lunch of locally caught fish, departure to Vlora city for the night, before sitting down for a delicious dinner.
Day 03: Protected Waters and Mysterious Caves
After breakfast, we direct to the Adriatic coast.
Explore the beautiful Karaburun peninsula by speedboat, including the Karaburun-Sazan National Marine Park, the only reserve of its kind in the country, home to turtles, seals and dolphins.
Visit the mysterious cave at Haxhi Aliu, used by traders and smugglers for millennia and now a national monument.
Snorkel in a remote bay, sunbathe on an untouched beach and then eat a picnic lunch on the sand.
Departure to Berat and check into your guesthouse, followed by dinner of a meal of traditional Albanian food.
Day 04: Berat and the Osumi Canyon
Drive for around ninety minutes to the spectacular of Osumi Canyons, 60 km from the ancient fortified city of Berat, A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Visit the Osumi Canyon, one of the most spectacular natural attractions in Europe and swim in a natural pool surrounded by the canyon’s unique, green ecosystem.
Hike along the banks of the river Osum through an unspoilt landscape of pine forests and river plains, visiting local landmarks like the Crocodile Head, Love Waterfall and Devils Gate.
Return to Berat. Tonight you are free to explore the town.
Day 05: Hike the Tomor Mountain
After breakfast, take a short drive to the trailhead and then hike into the rugged Tomorr Mountain.
Visit a local family and eat a picnic lunch high above the surrounding landscape in Sotira waterfall.
After plenty of time to rest and relax in this lovely landscape, drive the short distance to the Alpeta winery for dinner and a chance to taste some of the countries typical wine.
Day 06: Depart for Tirana
After breakfast, you depart to Pellumbas Village, Tirana for a hike and Black Cave exploration.
The Cave of Pellumbas, or the Black Cave (Shpelle e Zezë), is about an hour hike outside the village of Pellumbas. The cave itself is approximately 360 meters deep, and inside are impressive stalagmites and stalactites, as well as bats flying around the cave. The inside of the cave is completely dark after single upon entrance. Local lunch in the villages.
For the afternoon, you will get a short guided tour of Tirana city. You will then get dropped back at the airport in time to get your return flight home.
|Tirana||01||MAK Hotel Tirana|
|Vlora||01||Hotel Vlora International|
|Berat||03||Hotel Colombo Berat|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 05 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– Kayak, snorkelling and river hiking equipment
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.