Mt. Kedar Dome peak is a dome shaped mountain in Garhwal range of Himalayas in Uttarakhand India. The peak is 6831 meters above sea level and serves as a ski down peak if the weather is favorable. Kedar dome is relatively easy peak to climb, but would require past climbing experience and ability to survive in high altitude Himalayan weather. It is a magnificent marvel of nature and holds sentimental values to Hindus – as the peaks name itself is that of Lord Shiva.
Kedar Dome has the gentle North West flank that provides perhaps the easiest and most frequent climb in the Gangotri area.
Day 1 Arrive Delhi
Upon arrival at Delhi airport met our representative and then transfer to hotel by AC Car. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2 Delhi – Rishikesh (225 kms/6 hrs approx)
In the morning after breakfast transfer to IMF for briefing & equipment check and later drive to Rishikesh via Haridwar. On arrival transfer to hotel. Evening free to explore the nearby area by your own. Overnight stay at hotel. Rishikesh: Situated at the foothills of Garhwal hills along Ganges, Rishikesh is a gateway to the important religious places of Badrinath, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Yamunotri. Places of interest includes visit to Bharat Mandir- the oldest temple in Rishikesh, Nilkanth Mahadev-this is believed to be the place where Lord Shiva drank the poison churn out of the cosmic ocean among many other temples. Also visit some of its many Ashrams: Ashrams are centers for spiritual studies, meditation, Yoga, sacred prayers besides being residential centers for the resident gurus.
Day 3 Rishikesh – Uttarkashi (180 kms/ 5-6 hrs)
Morning after breakfast proceed for Uttarkashi (1150 mt), which takes 5-6 hrs drive. Upon arrival check-in at Hotel. Evening free to explore the surrounding by your own. Overnight stay at hotel. Uttarkashi is the principle town in the region. Nehru Institute of Mountaineering is situated here. It is also the gateway to many mountaineering and trekking expedition in Gangotri area.
Day 4 Uttarkashi
The day is for documentation. One can explore this beautiful hill town. Overnight at hotel.
Day 5 Uttarkashi – Gangotri (3048 m/ 10,000 ft) Drive (95 kms).
Morning after breakfast drive to reach Gangotri via Harsil (approx 25 km before Gangotri (3048 mt) by covering approx 95 km in 4-5 hrs. On arrival check-into Hotel. Overnight stay. There is a beautiful Gorge at Bhairon Ghati over which there is a steel guarder bridge. Gangotri is the place where the Goddess Ganga descended on Earth from Heaven. There is a Temple of Goddess Ganga where thousands of devotees throng to pay homage to her. Gangotri: The shrine of Gangotri is situated at an elevation of 3200 m surrounded by deodars and pines. The original temple was constructed by the Gorkha General Amar Singh Thapa. Every year people from all around the world visit this shrine. A number of ashrams and dharamshalas are located on the other side of the river. It is believed that Raja Bhagirath used to worship Shiva on a slab of rock “Bhagirath Shila” situated near the temple. Submerged in the river there is a natural Shivling where, according to mythology, Lord Shiva sat when he received the Goddess Ganga in his matted locks. A days trek takes one to Gomukh, the source of the mighty Ganges.
Day 6 Gangotri
The day is for acclimatisation. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 7 Gangotri – Bhojwassa
Gangotri (3048 mts/10000 ft) – Bhojwassa (3792 mts/12440 ft) 13 kms trek/5-6 hrs)
Morning after breakfast we commands our trek further to Bhojwassa via Chirbasa (3600mt). From Gangotri we move along the beaten track towards Chirbasa, which is on tree line. The entire trek today is along the roaring Bhagirathi River. Beyond Chirbasa the terrain becomes really desolate and barren. In fact, it has been referred to as Artic Tundra by many trekkers. From Chirbasa we trek further to Bhojwassa, the entire trail passes through dense forest, Arrive Bhojwassa, there is a small temple and a potential campsite near down the river. We make our camp near river side. Afternoon free to explore the area and to enjoy excellent sunset on Bhagirathi group of peaks. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 8 Bhojwassa-Gomukh (3890 mts/12760 ft)-Tapovan (4463 mts/14640 ft)
Early in the Morning enjoy the panoramic view of Bhagirathi group of peaks. After breakfast trek to Gomukh (3890mt), the source of the Ganges. Gomukh is where the water of Ganga trickles down from the glaciers. The sages called it ‘Gomukh’, because in the distant past, it probably appeared like a cow’s mouth. Explore the area and trek to Tapovan, one of the finest high altitude alpine meadows in the area. The trek from Gomukh to Tapovan is ascent steep, and as we climb, the view of the surrounding peaks becomes clearer. The appear to be just a stone’s throw away. Tapovan known for its beautiful meadows that encircle the base camp of the Shivling peak, Tapovan is a very pleasant surprised spot with a large meadow complete with bubbling streams, wildflowers and campsites. Herds of Bharal (blue mountain goats) is a common sight from here on mountain ridges. On the far side of the glacier the Bhagirathi I, II, III (6454mt), provide an equally impressive backdrop. It is also the little wonder where Sadhus and saints choose this spot for extended meditation during the long summer month. Arrive Tapovan and camp. Dinner and overnight stay in camp.
Day 9 Tapovan (4463 mts / 14640 ft)
Free to acclimatize, relax and enjoy the magnificent snow capped peaks, flora & Fauna and mountain landscape. Dinner and overnight stay at the camp.
Day 10 Tapovan – Base Camp
After early breakfast we will set out for base camp. Overnight stay in tent.
Day 11 Climbing to Kedardome Peak Summit & Sky down (Day 11 – Day 18))
From day 11 – day 18 we will approach to summit the Kedarnath peak.
Day 19 Tapovan – Chirbasa (16 kms/5-6 hrs)
Today after breakfast we will trek down to Chirbasa via Bhojwassa. Overnight in tent.
Day 20 Chirbasa – Gangotri (8 kms/2 hrs) – Uttarkashi (95 kms/5-6 hrs)
After breakfast trek down to Gangotri and from here drive to Uttarkashi. On arrival check in to hotel. Overnight stay.
Day 21 Uttarkashi – Rishikesh (200 kms/6-7 hrs)
Today we will take a drive to Rishikesh. Overnight at hotel.
Day 22 Rishikesh – Delhi (225 kms/6 – 7 hrs)
In the morning after breakfast drive to Delhi. On arrival check in to hotel. By evening group will enjoy dinner at Restaurant. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 23 Delhi Departure
Transfer to airport according to your flight schedule. Trip & Services Ends Here
|Hotels / Camps
|Radisson Blu Paschim Vihar
|Devdwar Yoga Resort
|GMVN Tourist Lodge
|Devdwar Yoga Resort
|Radisson Blu Paschim Vihar
– Accommodation on double room in the hotels in cities.
– Accommodation in Tents during till base camp.
– Peek booking fee of IMF (Indian Mountaineering Foundation)
– National park fee & Expedition fee of state Govt. Uttarakhand
– Laision officer fee, Accommodation, food & Transportation.
– All Meals as per Itinerary including high altitude food
– Camping fees to the forest department
– First aid kit with Oxygen Cylinder
– All Transportation by tourist vehicle as per Itinerary
– Transportation by tempo traveller or similar in Mountain areas as per the program.
– Services of a mountain guide and high porter during the expedition
– Complete kitchen and camp equipment including camp staff till base camp. It is recommended that clients bring their own sleeping bags.
– Climbing equipment i.e. Fix rope, Climbing rope, High altitude tent, Carabiner, Snow bar, Ice piton etc.
– Transportation of Members’ luggage maximum 40 Kgs per person up to Base Camp.
– Any kind of personal expenses.
– Food during the transit.
– Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
– Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
– Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.