A fantastic safari tour visiting all the classic parks and reserves in southern Kenya including; the iconic Amboseli with it’s fantastic views of Kilimanjaro, Lake Nakuru, Lake Naivasha, the wilderness of Tsavo and the savannah plains of the Masai Mara; providing plenty of opportunities to track down all the Big Five, see large herds of elephant and watch big cats patrol the savannah plains! There will also be a boat safari on Lake Naivasha, a nature walk on Crescent Island and a day sightseeing in Nairobi, including a visit to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust elephant orphanage.
Day 01: Nairobi / Amboseli
Arrive Nairobi and travel to Amboseli (5 hours), a fantastic park that borders Tanzania where you’ll have fantastic views of the imposing Mount Kilimanjaro. The park has abundant wildlife including herds of elephants, big cats and many birds – it’s a park not to be missed! You’ll arrive in time for lunch at Sopa Lodge, situated in 200 acres of private conservancy just outside Amboseli National Park. Sopa Amboseli has 83 rooms, decorated with Masai themed murals and nicely spaced out in the mature gardens. Afternoon you will head out into Amboseli National Park for a game drive, after which you’ll return to camp for overnight.
Day 02: Amboseli
Game drives in Amboseli National Park, all meals at the lodge.
Day 03: Amboseli / Tsavo West
Wake up early to see the sunrise over the imposing Kilimanjaro, then after breakfast continue your safari onto Tsavo West, which is about a two-hour drive through wilderness. Afternoon game drive and a visit to the Mzima Springs where you may see hippos and Nile crocodiles and many different species of bird. You’ll then return to Kilaguni for dinner and spend your evening relaxing and watching the wildlife arrive at the watering hole overlooked by the lodge’s restaurant, lounge and bar.
Day 04: Tsavo West
Morning and afternoon game drives in Tsavo West National park, with all meals at the lodge.
Day 05: Tsavo West / Nairobi
After breakfast and a short game drive through Tsavo park, you’ll head back to Nairobi. Arrive in time for dinner & overnight in Camp.
Day 06: Nairobi
After a leisurely breakfast the next day, you’ll leave camp and spend the day sightseeing in Nairobi, starting with a visit to the David Sheldrick elephant orphanage in the morning, with lunch at the Karen Blixen Coffee House, followed by a trip to the Giraffe Centre and the Karen Blixen Museum. Alternatively, you could head over to the Nairobi National Park and take a nature walk before returning to camp for dinner & overnight.
Day 07: Nairobi / Lake Nakuru
After breakfast your guide will take you to the Premium Lake Nakuru (3 hours) where you could see over 400 different species of birds, large numbers of white rhinos, the rare Rothschild giraffe and other plains mammals such as lion, zebra and buffalo. On entering the park you will take a game drive on route to your accommodation at Sopa Lodge that has great views over the lake and park; all the rooms are very spacious and are located at the top of a ridge, all with views over the lake. After lunch you’ll head out into the park for a game drive before returning to the lodge for dinner.
Day 08: Lake Nakuru / Lake Naivasha
After a leisurely breakfast, your guide will take you out on a morning game drive through Nakuru National Park. You’ll leave the park late morning and head down the Rift Valley to Lake Naivasha and the Sopa Resort (1.5 hours), where you’ll arrive in time for lunch. The lodge is located close to the lake shore and has beautiful gardens and there is often wildlife wandering around such as bushbuck, zebra and giraffe – and in the evening you may also see hippos grazing on the lawns. The rooms are spacious, Swahili style chalets either with a balcony or a glass fronted lounge area for relaxing and wildlife viewing. After lunch you’ll take a boat safari across the lake where you may see hippos and many species of birds including fish eagles, pelicans and sometimes flamingoes, there will also be a stop along the way at Crescent Island for a short nature walk. After your boat safari, you’ll retire to the lodge for the evening, have dinner and watch the hippos come up from the Lake to graze in Sopa’s grounds.
Day 09: Lake Naivasha / Masai Mara
After an early breakfast your driver will take you to the open grassland of the Masai Mara (4.5 hours), rich in biodiversity and home to a large variety of bird species and wildlife the Masai Mara offers great game viewing and bird-watching opportunities. Afternoon you’ll head out for a game drive and then spend the next two days exploring the Mara reserve and tracking down all the Big Five.
Day 10: Masai Mara
Full day game drive in the Masai Mara National Reserve.
Day 11: Masai Mara
Early morning and late afternoon game drives in the reserve with all meals at the lodge.
Day 12: Masai Mara / Nairobi
After breakfast and an early morning game drive, you’ll head back to Nairobi. Arrive Nairobi & tranfser to airport for flight back to home.
|Amboseli||02||AA Lodge Amboseli|
|Tsavo West||02||Severin Safari Camp|
|Nairobi||02||Crowne Plaza Nairobi Airport|
|Nakuru||02||Sarova Woodlands Hotel & Spa Nakuru|
|Masai Mara||03||Serena Safari Lodge|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 11 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– All park and conservancy fees
– All transport and listed activities
– Safari tour vehicle with lifting roof for game viewing
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Domestic Flight (Tuléar to Antananarivo)
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.