Nature has constantly shocked the man with its plenitude of excellence. The relentless oceans and the long waterways, wandering aimlessly, and the savage rapids have dependably been intimidating. But, there are those globe-trotters that ace the waters through different methods, and kayaking is one of these. In one style of kayak, the paddler looks ahead with their legs before them underneath a deck, and use a twofold bladed oar. Another style is the sit on top kayak. Most kayaks have a long front and back deck and differ as indicated by the sort of water they are intended for. Sea or ocean kayaking is regularly done in the vast ocean, while whitewater kayaking is done in the rapids.
Kayaking tours in Kerala come in diverse structures all through the world. Kayaking fans regularly take part in whale viewing, for instance. Getting a look at a white whale or a humpback whale can be a vital lifetime adventure. Some kayakers have even had the chance to go kayaking close by orcas, or executioner whales. In a kayak, you can investigate the uncommon wildness of the sea in its fullest magnificence. Having your own kayaking adventure expands mindfulness about the earth, the biological community and the need to protect it.
Day 01: Cochin – Alleppey
Today, you will be meeting up with your kayaking guide at Alleppey who will brief you about safety measures and other responsibilities. You will then start paddling through the palm fringed waterways and countryside into the interiors of the backwaters. With the quiet villages on either side, you can watch the peaceful village folks, smiling children on their way to school, farmers hard at work and of course the chirping water birds. We will cross a few small wooden canoes on the way, laden with people, home appliances, vegetables, fish or even livestock which are being transported from one place to another. After a picnic lunch en-route at a beautiful location, you will paddle on to a small family owned resort.
Day 02: Pulinkunnu
Today, you will kayak through the narrow canals of Pulinkunnu to the island of Kavalam, an erstwhile headquarters of affluent agrarian families. The majestic homes that you come across here stand in testimony to their grandeur past. It is an excellent opportunity to see village life at close quarters with the local people who are engaged in farming, fishing, duck rearing and shell collection. You may also see the traditional toddy tappers at work on coconut palms. Toddy shops are the local “bars” and it is the traditional meeting place for men after a grueling day at work. You will stop for lunch at a beautiful coconut grove on a bund on the lakeshore and continue kayaking till you cruise into the beautiful heritage home where a delicious Kuttanadan dinner awaits you followed by a well-deserved rest. In the evening, you can walk to a nearby market and enjoy the serenity of village life.
Day 03: Pulinkunnu
This day of your Kayaking in Kerala, you will depart after breakfast and continue paddling through the tranquil backwaters. You will make a stopover at a local tea shop or a spice garden that borders the backwaters. You can have a nice picnic lunch on the banks of the Vattakayal Lake. After lunch, you will continue kayaking through small canals back to the backwater heritage villa.
Day 04: Muhamma
Today, you will set course after breakfast to a small but beautiful “Tharavadu” (Ancestral home) situated on the backwaters. As you paddle along these waters, you will be mesmerized by the beauty and tranquility of the backwaters and realize why it has become world famous and endeared itself to millions of tourists visiting this area. At noon, you will have a picnic lunch on the way. Once we have arrived at our destination you will be able to relax and enjoy the serenity of this stately Tharavadu.
Day 05: Depart
End of your Kayaking in Kerala tour. You will depart after breakfast for your next destination.
|Places||Night( s)||Hotels / Camps|
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at airport and hotels.
– 04 nights hotel accommodation.
– Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
– A dedicated vehicle for the duration of the trip
– Expert english speaking guide
– All necessary equipment required for kayaking and caving.
– Permits for Kayaking and caving.
– All taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.