Hike to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro via the Marangu route and see elephants, zebras, and lions on a private camping safari for the ultimate African adventure.
Trek through forests, grasslands, alpine desert, and up to the mountain summit
Summit the highest peak in Africa at sunrise (19,341 ft)
Enjoy a safari in Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater
Day 01: Moshi (2,800ft/853m)
Arrive to Kilimanjaro International Airport, where our team will be awaiting your arrival. Drive 1 hour to the town of Moshi to check into our partner lodge to catch up on your jetlag. Join the rest of the group for a welcome dinner at the lodge.
Day 02: Moshi to Mandara Hut (8907ft/2715m)
The adventure begins! Drive 1 hour to the Kilimanjaro National Park. Depart with only a daypack and begin your ascent through the mossy rain forest. Keep your eyes out for monkeys in this lush area. Stop at a picnic spot to enjoy your box lunch before continuing to ascend.Spend the first night on the trail at Mandara Hut, a solar generated, A-frame hut. Enjoy a delicious dinner before getting some well-deserved rest.Total distance: 5 miles. Approximately 5 hours of trekking.
Day 03: Mandara hut to Horombo Hut (12,155ft/3705m).
The scenery transitions from rain forest to moorland and it is possible to catch your first glimpses of the Kibo Crater. Check out the unique plant life that can live for 100 years and reach up to 16 feet tall! Pass an ancient burial ground and learn about Chagga culture.Retire to Horombo Hut for the evening.
Total distance: 7.2 miles. Approximately 6-8 hours of trekking.
Day 04: Horombo Hut (12,155ft/3705m)
Spend a rest day at Horombo Hut.To acclimate to the altitude, head out on a day hike to Zebra Rock, a geologic phenomenon in a beautiful setting.Don’t forget to check out the star-covered sky. With almost no light pollution, the mountains are an astronomer’s paradise.
Day 05: Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut (15,518ft/4730m)
The hike continues through yet another microclimate, the alpine desert. This moon-like landscape gives you great views of the summit. Reach Kibo Hut for some rest before heading out that same evening for your final ascent.
Total distance: 6 miles. Approximately 6 hours of trekking.
Day 06: Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak to Horombo Hut (12,155ft/3705m)
Arise just before midnight to begin the long ascent to the top. Steep switchbacks lead you to the summit. Gain almost 4,000ft as you reach the summit at 19,341ft above sea level! With the crater on one side and a glacier on the other, this spot is certainly breathtaking.Enjoy a beautiful view of the sunrise before you return to Kibo Hut and on to Horombo Hut for the night.
Total distance: 12.7 miles. Approximately 13-16 hours of trekking.
Day 07: Horombo Hut to Moshi (2,800ft/853m)
Continue your descent back through the rain forest. Stop at Mandara Hut for lunch and continue all the way back to the park gates. Return to Moshi for a hot shower and a celebration dinner with your team.Total distance: 12.2 miles. Approximately 6 hours of trekking.
Day 08: Moshi to Tarangire National Park
Time for safari! Depart Moshi after breakfast to drive to Tarangire National Park on a scenic 4-hour ride. At the park, pop the roof of the car and begin a game drive. Spot elephants, ostrich, waterbuck, giraffe, zebra, lions, and more. Wrap up the game drive and head to your campsite nestled within the park. Settle down for a beautiful night of camping under a star-filled sky.
Day 09: Tarangire National Park to Ngorongoro Crater
Enjoy a cup of coffee while watching troops of baboons wander by the campgrounds. After a hearty breakfast, take a morning game drive in Tarangire to spot more animals before having lunch at the park gates. After lunch, drive three hours to Ngorongoro for your first views of the massive crater teaming with wildlife. Continue on to your campsite on the rim of the crater.
Day 10: Ngorongoro Crater to Moshi
Wake up early and drive into the spectacular crater. This UNESCO World Heritage site was formed by an imploded volcano over 3 million years ago. Now the conservation area is home to over 25,000 large animals where you can spot rhinos, zebras, lions, wildebeests, and impalas. 4-hour drive back to Moshi, arriving around 5pm.
Day 11: Moshi (2,800ft/853m)
International flights depart.
|Hotel / Camp
|Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel
|Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel
|Tarangire Simba Lodge
|Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 10 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– All trekking permit & fees
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.