Jeep Safari in Ladakh is a taste of adventure that the ‘Land of High Passes’ has to offer. The challenging altitude, moonscape terrain, and the thrill to face it all, makes for the time of your life. The roads to Ladakh open in the late summer from May to September, while the rest of the year the roads remain covered in snow. Before you embark on Ladakh Jeep Safari, known about the places and routes for the same.
Day 01 Arrive Delhi By Flight
Arrive Delhi, meet and assist on arrival, welcome with fresh flower garlands. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 Delhi – Leh By Flight
After early breakfast transfer to airport to board the flight to Leh. Meet & assist on arrival and check in at your hotel. Complete day for the acclimatization. In the evening free to make short walk around the Leh bazaar. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 Leh
An excursion to famous monasteries of Ladakh. It is interesting to visit early in the morning to enjoy the praying ceremony at Thiksey monastery. Continue drive to Hemis monastery which is one of the most famous monasteries of the Ladakh region. On the way back visit to Shey Palace. Evening free to explore Leh market on own. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 Leh
Morning half day tour visiting Spituk and Phyang monasteries. Afternoon a half day tour visiting Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, Shankar Gompa and Leh Bazar. Evening a visit to the local Ladakhi family house can be organized on request at an extra cost. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05 Leh – Uleytokpo By Road 70 kms / 8 hrs approx
After Breakfast drive to Uleytokpo enroute visiting Basgo Palace, Liker and Alchi monasteries. Also walk around the village and drive to Uleytokpo. Overnight in camp.
Day 06 Uleytokpo – Lamayuru – Leh By Road 170 kms / 8 hrs approx
After breakfast, checkout from the camp and drive to Lamayuru monastery. Lamayuru monastery is one of the oldest and spectacularly set founded in 10th century. Afternoon drive back to Leh. On arrival check in and overnight at hotel.
Day 07 Leh – Khardongla – Hunder By Road 120 kms / 6 hrs approx
Travel by surface from Leh to hunder enroute visiting Khardongla pass, which is the highest motorable pass in the world 5600 m and has been recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records. Continue drive to Deskit visiting the Gompa and then further to Hunder. On arrival check in at camp. In the evening visit the sand dunes and optional bactirian camel ride. Overnight in camp.
Day 08 Hunder – Panamik – Samastaling – Leh By Road 170 kms / full day
Travel by surface from Hunder to Leh enroute visiting hot springs at Panamik and Samastaling monastery. Later drive back to Leh/. On arrival check in and overnight at hotel.
Day 09 Leh – Pangong Lake By Road 160 kms / 6 hrs approx
After Breakfast leave for Pangong Lake14, 500 ft, through Changla Pass 17,350 ft. Third Highest Motorable road in the world. On arrival check in and overnight at camp.
Day 10 Pangong Lake – Leh By Road 160 kms / 6 hrs approx
After Breakfast visit Pangong Lake, A Highest Salt Water Lake in the World, Shared by two countries India (25%) & China (75%), Enjoy the beauty of lake on Banks of the Lake while appreciating the changing colours of fascinating high Altitude Lake. Return back to Leh. Overnight at hotel in Leh.
Day 11 Leh – Tsomoriri Lake By Road 240 kms / 8 hrs approx
Today we take you on a 4 day tour to the Rupshu region of Ladakh which is famous of its nomadic shepards. Travel by surface from Leh to Tsomoriri. On arrival check in and overnight at camp.
Day 12 Tsomoriri
A day to visit Tsomoriri lake, walk around the beautiful lake, visit Karzok village on banks of the lake and the village monastery. Overnight at camp.
Day 13 Tsomoriri – Tsokhar Lake By Road 100 kms / 4 hrs approx
Travel by surface from Tsomoriri to yet another salt lake of this region. On arrival check in at camp. Rest of the day free to explore the region, make walks around the camp or visit the remote Tsokhar village. Overnight at camp.
Day 14 Tsokhar – Leh By Road 145 kms / 5 hrs approx
Travel by surface from Tsokhar to Leh crossing over Tanglangla (5360 m) which is the second highest motorable pass. On arrival check in at hotel. Rest of day free for independent activities. Overnight at hotel.
Day 15 Leh – Delhi By Flight
After breakfast transfer to airport to board the flight to Delhi. Meet and assist on arrival and transfer to hotel. Day free to relax and personal activities. Overnight at hotel.
Day 16 Depart Delhi By Flight
Early morning transfer to airport to board the flight to fly back home.
|Place||Night( s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Leh||03||Spic N Span|
|Uleytokpo||01||Uley Ethnic Resort|
|Leh||01||Spic N Span|
|Leh||01||Spic N Span|
|Pangong Lake||01||Pangong Resort Camps|
|Leh||01||Spic N Span|
|Tsomoriri Lake||02||Tsomoriri Camps|
|Tsokhar Lake||01||Tsokar Camps|
|Leh||01||Spic N Span|
– Welcome on arrival with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport / hotels with our representative.
– 15 Nights hotels/camps accommodation on DBL /Twin sharing basis.
– Meals Plan full board (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner) (lunches on long excursions/ Ladakh sector would be packed).
– Air tickets for Delhi – Leh – Delhi in economy class.
– Entrances to places of visit.
– Inner line permit.
– Services of local guide in Leh & accompanying for other excursions
– Transport as per itinerary & sight seeing by Xylo/Scorpio/Innova (4 full paying pax per vehicle, local guide/accompanying guide or escort may be the extra person or 5th person)
– Covering all main / major monuments and tourist attractions in each city.
– All present Government taxes.
– International Flight Fare.
– Camera fee / Video fee.
– Any expenses of personal nature like table drinks, tips, laundry, portages etc.
– Telephone Call / Fax.
– Any Donations / Driver Tips.
– Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather etc.
– Travel Insurance.
– Repatriation charges, damages/ claims of any nature
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.