Start in Zurich and end in Geneva! With the Discovery tour Magical Switzerland – Winter 2020 2021 (7 Days), you have a 7 days tour package taking you through Zurich, Switzerland and 6 other destinations in Switzerland.
Day 01: Zürich and Lovely Lucerne.
On arrival at Zürich airport, transfers leave for your hotel in Lucerne.
Welcome to Switzerland – an enchanting winter wonderland of frozen waterfalls, peaceful cosy villages, snow-laden forests and imposing mountain ranges, crowned by famous peaks.
Overnight at hotel
Day 02: Lucerne and St. Moritz.
Experience Lucerne, a beautiful 14th century city still protected by medieval fortifications. Your Travel Director will reveal the covered wooden bridges, the painted gables and the sorrowful Lion Monument. Then there’s time to enjoy the excellent shops and lakeside walks before heading along the dramatic Walensee, past Chur, to the fashionable ski resort of St. Moritz. Set in the sparkling Engadine Valley, this elegant resort nestles below the awe-inspiring, majestic Grisons Alps.
Day 03: St. Moritz at Leisure.
This whole day is completely at leisure, so maybe enjoy a late breakfast to start? Afterwards you may choose to explore the spa quarter of this chic resort, see the houses with their traditional sgraffito facades or indulge in the stylish boutiques? You may even consider joining the Bernina Express for a scenic rail journey of such epic proportions that it has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site?
Day 04: Aboard the Glacier Express.
Board the world famous Glacier Express for a spectacular ride with lunch included, through the heart of the Swiss Alps. Descend through the tunnels of the Albula Pass and traverse the lofty Landwasser Viaduct. Your train then joins the broad Rhine Gorge and meanders beside rock-strewn rivers before climbing through snowy pastures and woodlands. Picturesque landscapes of ice-capped mountains and stone-built villages with chalet-style houses glide by. After a series of spirals, you will reach the highest point of the route, the icy Oberalp Pass. Modern, panoramic viewing cars ensure that you won’t miss a thing on your descent to Andermatt and down the Rhône Valley. Around mid-afternoon, you will disembark in Brig.
Day 05: Zermatt, Matterhorn Village.
Marvel at the dramatic Swiss scenery, as you follow the narrow valley which leads to Täsch. Here, you leave the coach to board the cogwheel train that takes you to the traffic-free haven of Zermatt, at the foot of the Matterhorn. Wander along its cobbled streets to browse among the shops, explore the ancient wooden farmhouses and mazot barns in the back alleys, or visit the Matterhorn Museum to pass through the homes of yesteryear. If you have a head for heights, then you may like to board the cable car up the Klein Matterhorn. From the summit, marvel at the incredible views of the icebound Swiss Alps, should weather permit.
Return to your hotel in Brig where the remainder of the day is at leisure.
Day 06: Chillon Castle and Geneva.
Journey along the Lower Rhône Valley to the shores of Lake Geneva where the associations with the early European Romantic movement are very strong. With your Local Expert, visit beautiful Chillon Castle, former home to the Counts of Savoy, set on a rocky islet in the lake. In 1816, the castle inspired Lord Byron to write the poem ‘The Prisoner of Chillon,’ following his walk through the dungeons. Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar. Close by is the sophisticated tiered town of Montreux, where it is delightful to stroll along the lakeside promenade. Enjoy a beautiful journey alongside the lake, passing Vevey and Lausanne, to reach the immaculate town of Geneva. On arrival, your orientation includes the United Nations Building, officially known as the Palais des Nations, the Old Town and the Jet d’Eau. Spend your night in Geneva.
Day 7: Depart Geneva.
Transfer to Geneva airport for flight back to home.
|Lucerne||01||AMERON Luzern Hotel Flora|
|St. Moritz||02||Hostel St. Moritz|
|Brig||02||Gästehaus St. Ursula|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 06 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Local English-speaking guide
– Boat ticket Spiez Interlaken
– Bicycle, 24 speed with pannier (electric bike available – supplement applies)
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.