Start and end in Saint Julians! With the In-depth Cultural tour Malta Highlights, you have a 8 days tour package taking you through Saint Julians, Malta and 9 other destinations in Malta.
Explore the wonders of Malta on this incredible tour – from the capital, Valletta, to the historically rich towns of Birgu and Mdina, and the villages of Gozo. Along the way you’ll see picturesque harbours and indulge in cheese and wine tastings, with plenty of time to visit the hidden coves and beaches of this charming archipelago.
Day 01: St Julian’s
We’ll meet at airport & transfer to hotel. Welcome to Malta! Accommodation:
Day 02: St Julian’s – Valletta – Birgu – St Julian’s
Our first day of exploration will begin with a locally guided walking tour of Valletta. We’ll stroll by the New Parliament Building, Upper Barrakka Gardens, Grand Harbour and Grandmaster’s Palace, uncovering the tiny capital’s rich history as we go. Then, we’ll enjoy free time to wander the stunning Baroque architecture of St John’s Co-Cathedral. For lunch, unleash your inner chef at a Maltese pizza-making class before sitting down to enjoy your creation. Continuing on, we’ll visit the oldest area in Malta: Birgu – commonly referred to as Città Vittoriosa (Victorious City). We’ll enjoy a walking tour through the city’s ancient narrow streets with a local guide – visiting the likes of the Inquisitor’s Palace and panoramic Gardjola Gardens. After a full day, enjoy an evening spent at your leisure back in St Julian’s. Accommodation:
Day 03: St Julian’s – Mosta – Mdina – St Julian’s
We’ll begin our third day together with a visit to the stunning Mosta Church, before we move on to the beautiful wilderness of the Buskett Gardens. Enjoy some free time wandering the only woodland area in Malta before we continue to the island’s old capital: Mdina, also known as the ‘silent city’. Here we’ll explore the extraordinary mix of medieval and Baroque architecture with a local guide and have some free time to enjoy lunch at our leisure. On this afternoon’s agenda: an indulgent wine tasting at a local winery. You’ll find it difficult to find a bottle of Maltese wine back home, so we recommend purchasing a bottle before we return to St Julian’s for an evening spent relaxing at our hotel or exploring the array of restaurants and waterfront bars. Accommodation:
Day 04: St Julian’s
Today is yours to spend entirely at your leisure. You may want to explore on a harbour cruise around the ports of Valletta – a natural treasure trove for photographers. Alternatively, you could spend the day enjoying the stunning views from our hotel’s rooftop terrace or relaxing by the swimming pool. This evening, we recommend venturing out in search of a waterfront alfresco restaurant for some delicious local seafood. Accommodation:
Day 05: St Julian’s – Qrendi – Cirkewwa – Xaghra
Today’s agenda begins with a stop at the Hagar Qim temples, where we’ll have the opportunity to explore this remarkable site with a local guide. Then, we’ll journey onwards the mesmerising Blue Grotto. Enjoy a locally guided boat trip around the phosphorescent coloured bays and complex of limestone caves – before continuing on to the ferry point at Cirkewwa, with a photo stop at Popeye’s Village along the way. After a short speedboat transfer to Gozo, we’ll round off a busy day with a visit to the Dreams of Horses Farm, where we’ll be guided around the equestrian therapy centre by a member of the team. In Xaghra, the evening will be ours to spend exploring at our own pace. Accommodation:
Day 06: Xaghra – Victoria – Xaghra
Today we’ll visit the spectacular megalithic temple complex of Ggantija – the most ancient temples in Malta and boasting an ancient history that’s older than the pyramids of Egypt. After moving on to the imposing Old Citadel in Victoria – the ancient fortified city that can be seen from almost anywhere on Gozo, we’ll roll up our sleeves for a hands-on cheesemaking experience at a local restaurant and enjoy a delectable Maltese lunch. An evening of leisure time is in store for us back at the hotel – but not before we’ve stopped off for a photo or two at the peaceful village of Sannat. Accommodation
Day 07: Xaghra – San Lawrenz – Marsalforn – Xaghra
We may be nearing the end of our journey, but there’s still plenty to explore! First, we’ll stop to visit Fungus Rock – an islet off the coast of San Lawrenz that holds a peculiar history. After hearing the stories from our local guide, we’ll move on to the unusual Xwejni Salt Pans. A 350-year-old checkerboard of rock-cut salt pans, the production of sea salt here has been passed from generation to generation and is a fascinating sight to behold. Before returning to Xaghra, we’ll make a refreshing stop at Xwejni Bay for a dip in the crystal-clear water. Later, we’ll come together for one last dinner together, sharing stories of the week’s adventures. Accommodation:
Day 08: Xaghra – St Julian’s
After a final breakfast and leisurely morning, we’ll catch the ferry back to St Julians’s – where our tour will end later this afternoon.
|St Julia||04||InterContinental Malta, an IHG Hotel|
|Xaghra||03||The Cornucopia Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.