It is none other than Manali Leh Road, a part of National Highway 21 (NH 21). Closed for most of the part of the year, when it opens, it opens the opportunity of unmatched coarse terrain adventure in the most unfriendly of the weather conditions.
The bike would take road from Manali to Jipsa, covering many small villages and town finally reaching to Leh after crossing Sarchu. If wished, the bike trip could be extended to Nubra Valley and other nearby places before departing for Delhi.
The features of the trip include never-before-seen culture and attachment of locals to their faith and way of life, however testing it may be. The bonus is the glimpses of wildlife and avifauna near the banks of rivers or lakes that are on this route. For newcomers on such a trip, the transition from Manali to Leh becomes a memorable aspect of their mental travelogue.
Day 01 Arrive Delhi (By Flight)
On arrival in Delhi, meet our representative at airport with garland welcome & a bottle of mineral water. He will escort you till your hotel to make your hotel check-in smooth & fast. Overnight stay in Delhi.
Day 02 Delhi – Kalka (By Train)/Kalka-Shimla (By Road) (99 Kms/3 hrs appx)
Early Morning transfer to Railway station to catch the train to Kalka, arrive kalka and transfer to Shimla, arrive Shimla and transfer to hotel, overnight at hotel.
Day 03 Shimla – Manali (By Bike) (258 Kms. / 6 hrs. appx.)
Early morning you will check your Royal Enfield 500 cc Motorcycle. We will ride Enfield to Manali.
Manali – Manali is located near the northern end of Kullu Valley & on the banks of River Beas at the height of 2050 m. Manali – an important hill station & breathtaking natural beauty is the hallmark of this valley. On arrival in Manali, check into the hotel for overnight.
Day 04 Manali
After breakfast, we will ride Enfield in & around Manali for local sightseeing & you will be taught all skills to handle Enfield in mountains. In the evening take a walk on Mall Road to see the colorful Market of Manali. Overnight in Hotel at Manali.
Day 05 Manali – Jispa (By Bike) (145 Kms. / 6 hrs. appx.)
Morning after breakfast start ride to Jispa (3142 m) over Rohtang la pass (3980 m). Jispa is very beautiful village situated on the bank of Bhaga River & the surrounding peaks covered with mist and clouds creating an awesome view. On arrival in Jispa, check into the hotel Ibex and relax. Later explore the area.
Day 06 Jispa – Sarchu (By Bike) (75 Kms. / 3-4 hrs. appx.)
Morning after breakfast leisurely ride over the scenic Bara Lacha La at a height of 4830 Mt. from MSL that is called Switzerland of India. After crossing the pass drop down to the vast Sarchu plains. Sarchu is situated on the bank of the Bhaga river & with that Sarchu offers marvelous views of the majestic Himalayas and spellbinding scenery. On arrival in Sarchu, check into the Camp & relax. Overnight in camp at Sarchu.
Day 07 Sarchu -TSO Moriri Lake (By Bike) (140 Kms. / 6 hrs. appx.)
After breakfast, ride to Tso Moriri Lake. Tsomoriri Lake is a high altitude Lake in Ladakh. It is situated at a height of 4595 Mt. above sea level. Enroute visit Tso Kar Lake. On arrival in Tso Moriri, check into the camp & relax. Overnight in camp at Tso Moriri Lake.
Day 08 TSO Moriri Lake – Leh (By Bike) (215 Kms. / 7 hrs. appx.)
Morning enjoy the walk on the bank of Tsomoriri lake & visit the Korzok monastery. The monastery itself is a beautiful construction standing in the silence of the lake and the mountains. Later start ride to Leh. Enroute enjoy the pretty village alongside of the Indus River. On arrival in Leh & check-into the hotel & relax. Overnight in Hotel at Leh.
Day 09 Leh – Khardungla Pass – Leh (By Bike) (78 Kms. / 3 hrs appx.)
After breakfast we ride about 39 Kms to Khardungla La Pass (the World’s Highest Motorable Road at a height of 5606 m), where we take a stop for Photography because the view from the top is spectacular & take a cup of coffee at World’s Highest point. Later ride back to Leh. After lunch, we visit nine storeys Leh Palace and it was built by King Singe Namgyal in the 16th century, also visit Shanti Stupa (Japanese Pagoda) a magnificent white-domed structure, offers spectacular views of the sunrise and sunset. Overnight in Hotel at Leh.
Day 10 Leh – Lamayuru – Uleytokpo (By Bike) (182 Kms / 7 hrs appx.)
After early breakfast ride to Lamayuru (127 Km / about 5 hrs), enroute visit Spituk gompa, the name “Spituk”, meaning exemplary. Spituk Gompa is beautifully located on a hilltop and provides a beautiful view of the Indus Valley & Leh Airport. Later ride continue for Lamayuru, on arrival visit Lamayuru monastery- known to be the oldest monastic establishment in Ladakh. The monastery is made up of a number of shrines and also has a very rich collection of thankas and magnificent wall paintings. Later we move towards to Uleytokpo (55 km/ 2 hrs). Stay for overnight at Uley Ethnic Resort, a fine camp above Indus River.
Day 11 Uleytokpo – Alchi – Likir – Leh (By Bike) (122 Kms / 4 ½ hrs appx.)
After breakfast, ride back to Leh, enroute visit Alchi village, situated on the bank of Indus River. The village is famous for the existence of one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh (a national heritage) Alchi Monastery, mainly known for its magnificent and well-preserved 11th or 12th century wall paintings. Later proceed toward Likir it contains the huge Buddha statue, museum & various old manuscripts. It also houses an interesting collection of thankas, old religious and domestic costumes and implements etc. Further continue drive to Leh. Arrive and transfer to hotel for overnight.
Day 12 Leh – Delhi – Home (By Flight)
Morning after breakfast, transfer to airport to catch to flight to Leh. Arrive Delhi, free time for own activity till departure later catch the flight to home town.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Manali||02||Golden Tulip Manali|
|TSO Moriri Lake||01||Tsomoriri Camps|
|Leh||02||Spic N Span|
|Uleytokpo||01||Uley Ethnic Resort|
|Leh||02||Spic N Span|
– Welcome on arrival with fresh flower garlands
– Meet assist at the airport, railway stations, and hotels and during the excursions, sight seeing.
– 11 Nights Accommodation.
– Meal Plan – Full-board.
– All currently applicable taxes including Government service tax and VAT.
– Daily breakfast and Dinners at the hotels.
– Lunch at good Indian restaurants
– Delhi – Kalka AC Chair class train ticket
– Leh – Delhi Airfare in Economy class
– Royal Enfield 500 CC motorcycle rental for the entire trip
– Engine oil and fuel for the entire trip
– Back up by Tata / Toyota Jeep
– Service of a mechanic for the entire trip
– Entrance fees to the monuments.
– Presently applicable taxes.
– India Visa Fee.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– International Airfares, Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.