Mt. Thinchenkhang (6010 Mts) is situated in western Sikkim and falls under Kanchenjunga National Park which is window to natural beauties, bio- diversity, sacred lakes and snow capped mountains. One can see this peak from Okhlathang Valley while trekking to Goecha La (pass). This peak has been declared by Sikkim Govt. as trekking peaks in 1990. Since then it had caught the eyes of many mountaineers, but it has only been appreciated much then climbed.
Day 1 Bagdogra – Gangtok
On arrival at Bagdogra airport meet our representative and drive towards Gangtok via Rangpo (Check post of Sikkim). On arrival at transfer into hotel.Evening sightseeing and acclimatisation.Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 Gangtok Sightseeing & preparation for expedition
Morning visit Tibetology, Do DrulChorten and Rumtek Monastery. Lunch at Martham Resort.Afternoon visit Cottage Industry and local markets.Overnight at hotel.
Day 3 Gangtok – Yuksam (134 kms/5 hrs)
In the morning after breakfast drive towards Yuksom, the base of our expedition. Dinner and overnight stay in guesthouse.
Day 4 : Yuksum – Sachen ( Altd 2550 M )
Trek from Yuksum to Sachen9 kms time taken approx. 5/6 hrs. Trek begins with a low gradient until you cross Sachen and the third bridge , Walk through dense forest of pine and oak after crossing river PrekChu it is straight 70 degree uphill climb this is the toughest stage in the entire trek , It will last for 2 Hrs depends on the fitness of the clients Finally we will come to Bakhim this is just a resting point for the first day. This campsite has only one hut of forest department in the hilly dense forest. Overnight at Camp or tourist hut.
Day 05: Sachen – Tshoka (Alt. 3050 M)
Trek then we reach Sachen the trail from Sachen passes through magnolia and rhododendron trees the most tiring uphill climb. Tshoka is a small village housing about twelve thatched roof houses mainly Tibetan settlement .If weather remains clear we can see Mount Pandim, Aralunchong, Lama –Lamini,Pandim. Overnight in Tent
Day 06: Tsokha – Dzongri (4030 mts/13218 ft) (10 kms/5-6 hrs)
On this day the trail passes through the village of Tsokha and continues to climb north through the forest of rhododendron to the alp of Phedang (3650 m) taking around 3 hrs to complete the ascent. Continue further towards Dzongri. On arrival set campsite for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 07: Rest day & Acclimatise at Dzongri
The day is for rest and acclimatization. On this day one can savor views of the mountain peaks by climbing up to Dzongri Top. From here you get a panoramic view of Kabru (7353 m), Ratong (6678 m), Kanchenjunga (8534 m), Koktang (6147 m), Pandim (6691 m) and Narsingh (5825 m). Towards the west, the Singalila Ridge, which separates Sikkim from Nepal, can be seen. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 08: Trek from Dzongri to Thangsing (3841 mts/5 hrs)
After breakfast begin trek to Thangsing. A descent of 7 kms ends in Thangsing situated at the base of the Jopine peak at 3930m. Beautiful natural scenery can be seen all around. Overnight in tents.
Day 09: Thangsing (3841m) – Base Camp (approx. 4310m) 3 hrs
In the morning we will approach to our base camp for Mt. Thinchenkhan (6010 Mts) Expedition. On arrival set out camp for overnight stay.
Day 10: Base Camp (4310m) – Camp I – Base Camp (4310m) 5 hrs.
Today we will approach Camp 1 and then back to base camp. Overnight stay.
Day 11: Base Camp (4310m) – Camp I (4 – 5 hrs )
In the morning after breakfast trek to Camp I. overnight stay.
Day 12: Extra Day
The day is for acclimatisation and exploration. Overnight stay.
Day 13: Extra Day for load ferry. Overnight stay.
Day 14: Camp I – Summit – Mt. Thinchenkhang (6010m) – Camp I: 7-8 hrs
Early in the morning summit to Mt. Thinchenkhang (6010m) and later back to Camp I. overnight stay.
Day 15: Camp I (approx. 5510m) – Base Camp (4310 m/4-5 hrs)
In the morning after breakfast trek down to camp I. Overnight stay in tent.
Day 16: Base Camp – Goecha La – Thangsing (5-6 hrs).
In the morning we will trek back to Thangsing via Goecha La. Overnight stay.
Day 17: Thangsing (3800m) – Tsokha (3050m) 7 hrs.
Morning after breakfast trek to reach Tsokha. It will take near about 5 – 6 hrs. The trek winds its way down up to Phedang, the start of the Rhododendron trail. Overnight stay in trekkers hut / tents.
Day 18: Tsokha (3050m) – Yuksam (1780m) 6 hrs
Today you descend to the Prek Chu following the route you took up on the first day, and then contour gradually downwards to reach the village of Yuksam our starting point.
Day 19: Yuksam – Bagdogra (123 kms / 6-7 hrs)
In the morning after breakfast drive to Bagdogra and from here take a flight for onward destination. Trip and Services Ends Here
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Base Camp 1||04||Camp|
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
– 18 Nights hotel / camps / guest-house / lodge accommodation.
– Pick up & drop including all necessary transportation
– Hotels Accommodation in Gangtok & Yuksom with (With BB PLAN)
– Trekking support with trekking guide, cook, potters, yaks
– Trekking accommodation with meals & beverages
– Services for trekking permit, Kanchenjunga National Park fees
– Expedition Royalties fee & other necessary services
– Expedition Royalties – The following royalties are levied for the expeditions
– All taxes.
– Any kind of personal expenses.
– Food during the transit.
– International Air Ticket.
– Visa Fees( If Any).
– Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
– Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
– Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.