Embark on a 6-day to explore the stunning and unique beauty and uncover the nomadic existence of the age-old, native tribes as they survive and thrive in the harshly, unforgiving landscape, uncaring about trivial things like country borders. Sleep under the stars like our ancestors did, and get the chance to meet the reclusive Muimula tribe, who have removed themselves from the advancing modern world, and live as their ancestors have for millennia.
Day 01: Luanda / Namibe
Arrival at the domestic terminal of 4 de Fevereiro International Airport for check-in formalities. Depart on the TAAG flight to Namibe at Welwitschia Mirabilis International Airport. Formalities for arrival and transfer to hotel, dinner (not included) and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: City Tour of Mocamedes / Virei / Mucubal Tribe / Cave Paintings
Breakfast at the hotel. Begin the tour of the city of Mocamedes and then to Virei city visiting the places and places of tourist and historical interest. Then a visit to the Mucubal Tribe, a people living in the south of Angola and having the pasture as their main economic activity. They are characterized by their semi-naked walking garments, covering the intimate parts with animal skin and typical clothes. Visit of the Rock Paintings located in Virei, one of the most beautiful prehistoric rock paintings in Angola. Here you can see animal representations and schematic drawings. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 03: Arco / Red Canyon / Welwitchia Mirabelis / Pediva
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit Arco and Red Canyon, where you will be able to dazzle unique landscapes. With the diversity on the rise, one will have the opportunity to observe one of Angola’s symbols the famous Welwitschia Mirabilis, the icon of the Namib desert can also observe desert gazelles, ostriches, jackals, hyenas, zebras, hyenas. Camp set up and dinner around the campfire. Sleeping in Tents.
Day 04: Otchifengo / Himba Tribe / Helola / Muakaonas Tribe
Breakfast at the camp. Visit Otchifengo Valley one of the points that delimit the Iona National Park. Following the tour Himba Tribe, since the 16th century in Angola, Himba is a semi-nomadic people, move accordingly the best place for grazing cattle. The best-known feature of the tribe is the reddish hue of the skin and hair. Lunch on the way. This is followed by a tour of the Helola people and the Muakaonas Tribe. Camp set up and dinner around the campfire. Sleeping in Tents.
Day 05: Oncocua / Hotchinjau / Mundimbas Tribe / Mungambwe Tribe
Breakfast at the camp. Follow the tour of the town and commune of Oncocua and Otchinjau, located in Curacao municipality, Cunene province. Lunch along the way, followed by a visit to the Mundimbas and Mungambwe Tribes. Camp set up and dinner around the campfire. Sleeping in Tents.
Day 06: Kahama / Chibia / Mumuila / Lubango Tribe
Breakfast at the camp. The tour begins in Kahama, which is a village and municipality of Cunene Prefecture. Then go to Lubango, passing through the municipality of Chiba. Visit the Mumuila Tribe, where you can closely observe the experience of the Mumuila people and their particularities. Check-in formalities, return to Luanda with flight TAAG.
|City||Night (s)||Hotel / Camp|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 05 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– Local flight to Luanda
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.