Fascinating tour in Azerbaijan where within 9 days you will be able to visit main sights of the country, the most beautiful cities and villages, see unsurpassed Azerbaijani carpets and of course, meet hospitable people of this Caucasian country. This tour has the best to offer and you can learn a lot only in one week.
Day 01: Baku – arrival
Arrival in Baku. You will be met by our driver and transferred to hotel. Check-in at noon. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: Baku – Absheron Peninsula – Baku
Today you will visit the Old Town of Baku “Icheri Sheher” and Absheron peninsula.
Drive to Ateshgah – temple of fire worshippers located in Surakhany village. Zoroastrians from India travelled thousands of kilometers to Ateshgah to worship fire coming out of the earth. Continue to Yanardag Mountain with natural gas burning for several thousands of years. Return to Baku for sightseeing tour. Visit Shirvanshahs’ Palace, Caravanserai, Maiden Tower, and the main market square, which has numerous art studios and souvenir stalls. Continue touring new Baku by exploring Nizami Street and Fountain Square.
Overnight at hotel
Day 03: Baku – Khinalug – Baku
In the morning, meet your guide and driver at your hotel. Depart north-west of the capital city. Drive through Red Village (Krasnaya Sloboda), the biggest settlement of Mountain Jews in Azerbaijan. The road to Khinalug lies through the range of Great Caucasus mountains. On our way we will get as high as 2,000 m above the sea level. We will have numerous opportunities for taking photos on the way enjoying breathtaking views of the landscape. Khinalug is one of the most ancient settlements in the country where people have been continuously living for more than 5,000 years. Return to Baku. On the way back stop at Quba mass grave. Arrive in Baku. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 04: Baku – Shamakha – Lahij – Sheki
At 08:00, depart Baku and drive to Sheki. On the way, stop at Diri Baba Mausoleum in the village of Maraza. Continue to Shamakha to visit the historical Juma Mosque, which was restored in 2013. Weather permitting, drive through Girdimanchay River Canyon to visit Lahij, the 5th century, quaint corner high in Caucasus mountains with its rich history and beautiful architecture. Lahij is an ancient village with charming cobbled sidewalks famous for numerous traditional handicraft workshops (jewelry, copperware, wool carpets, pottery, daggers, and iron tools). Continue driving to Sheki, the pleasant and easily walkable medieval town set in a lush mountainous area. Sheki is especially known for local style sweet baklava. Arrival in Sheki at about 19:00 for overnight at the hotel.
Day 05: Sheki – Kish – Mingechevir – Ganja
Check out from hotel and start sightseeing tour in Sheki. Visit medieval fortress, Sheki Khans Palace, history museum, handicrafts workshop, mosque-madrassah, and local bazaar. Depart Sheki and head to Ganja town (160 km, 2-3 hours).
Stop in Kish village see the first church in Caucasus (I cent.). One the way, visit Mingachevir town. Have a short drive around the city; pass by riverside, city center, and beautiful water reservoir. Continue driving to Ganja. Check-in to hotel on arrival. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 06: Ganja – Goygol – Naftalan
In the morning, start city tour in Ganja with visiting Shakh Abbas Mosque with two minarets. Continue to mausoleum of the last khan of Ganja Javad Khan; visit Chokek Hamam (medieval bathes). Continue sightseeing tour walking by Central Square, Sardar Baghi park, Alexander Nevski Christian Orthodox Church and Christian Temple Agvan Kilsasi.
Drive out of the city to a small town of Goygol to visit village Helenendorf that was settled in the winter of 1818-1819 by 194 Swabian German families. German architecture of local buildings will surprise you.
Change the vehicle to 4WD drive and head to Goygol national park and Goygol Lake – the picturesque lake surrounded by dense forest charms its visitors with its beauty and exquisiteness. Head to Naftalan for overnight.
Day 07: Naftalan
This morning we explore Naftalan, the city famous for naphthalane oil and its medical effect. Free day in Naftalan. Overnight at the hotel.
Please note, before visiting the oil baths, guests need to undergo a full check-up, as bath may be contraindicated.
Day 08: Naftalan – Gobustan – Baku
In the morning, we depart Naftalan and drive to UNESCO site Gobustan National Park (275 km, 4-5 hours). Pay a visit to the Petroglyphs Museum and explore petroglyphs dating back to 10,000 BC. Continue to mud volcanoes in Gobustan Reserve. Gobustan is home to almost half of world’s mud volcanoes.
Reach Baku for overnight.
Day 09: Baku
Check-out from hotel till noon. Free time until transfer to Baku International Airport. Departure.
|Baku||03||Hyatt Regency Baku|
|Sheki||01||Sheki Saray Hotel|
|Ganja||01||Hotel Ramada Plaza|
|Naftalan||02||Garabag Resort & Spa Naftalan|
|Baku||01||Hyatt Regency Baku|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 08 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.