Add some activity to your holiday with this itinerary through the islands of Bali and Nusa Penida. You’ll start on Bali with walks through rice paddies and temples, a cycling tour, hikes down into a volcanic caldera and up to a mountaintop, whitewater rafting, and more. The catch a boat out to Nusa Penida for three days of island exploring and snorkeling before you return to Bali to depart.
Day 01: Arrive in Bali
Welcome to Indonesia! You’ll meet your transfer at the airport to head to Sanur, where you’ll spend the evening.
Day 02: Explore Ubud
Take a morning walk for roughly 2.5 hours through the rice paddies around Ubud, stopping at the workshops of local craftspeople.
After you’ve refreshed yourself with lunch, climb up the 300 steps of the Gunung Kawi Mausoleum, the ancient tomb of the last king of the Udayana dynasty. Return to Ubud to walk around town with your guide, exploring the Royal Palace and central market. You’ll have free time in the afternoon to venture out on your own before you meet your guide for dinner, which you can choose to follow up with a dance show.
Day 03: Cycling Tour & Travel to Kintamani
Drive up to the start of your two-hour cycling tour in the morning. You’ll cover flat ground and a few downhill stretches as you spin past rice fields and Balinese villages. Stop for lunch, then hop back in the van to drive north to the Batur area to the small town of Kintamani.
Once you’ve arrived and dropped off your belongings, you’ll embark on a downhill trek from Kintamani down into the caldera of its neighboring volcano. Reach the bottom and spend some time on the ancient black lava fields before you return to Kintamani for the evening.
Day 04: Mount Batur Climb, Rafting & Travel to Amed
Wake up before the sun to make the climb up to the top of Mount Batur. A two-hour guided hike will take you up the mountain surrounded by picturesque views, then head down back to your guesthouse to see recently formed craters nearby.
Take a late morning nap to refresh your energy before you head south to the Telaga Waja river, famous for its whitewater rafting. Raft downstream for two hours through the rainforest, stopping close to some of the waterfalls on the way. Hop back on the road and dry off on the way to Amed, a smaller fishing village.
Day 05: Tulamben Snorkeling
Spend your day floating in the waters of Tulamben. Depending on the sea conditions, you may visit the wreck of the USS Liberty from World War 2, a Japanese submarine wreck, or Jemeluk Bay. An intro to scuba diving class is also available.
Day 06: Amed to Candidasa
Sneak in a morning snorkeling session before you continue south. Stop at the white sand beach on the way, a contrast to the black sand on many of Bali’s other beaches. Then continue to Candidasa, where you’ll have the evening free to settle in and maybe get in some additional snorkeling.
Day 07: Candidasa to Nusa Penida
Transfer via minibus to Padangbai, where you’ll board a boat out to Nusa Penida island. Once you arrive, a bemo bus will take you around to check out the island. Stop at Kelingking Beach and its landmark whale-shaped limestone rock for a picnic lunch and panoramic views. Then continue to Crystal Bay to snorkel off the beach, before you head to your lodging in Nusa Penida for dinner and a free evening.
Day 08: Manta Point & Atuh Beach
Start off with a boat ride out to Manta Point, where you may be able to swim with manta rays, and snorkel over the coral gardens of Garnat Bay. Return to the land and transfer to the other side of the island for a trek to secluded Atuh Beach and its surrounding cliffs overlooking the Indian Ocean.
Linger on the beach or return to your lodgings; the rest of the day is up to you.
Day 09: Nusa Penida to Sanur
Get in one last snorkeling session on the island’s northern reefs. Then catch a boat back to Sanur on Bali and a transfer to your hotel for a free evening.
Day 10: Depart Sanur
Catch a transfer to the airport for your flight home.
|Sanur||01||Hotel Fairmont Sanur Beach|
|Ubud||01||The Kayon Resort Ubud by Pramana|
|Amed||02||The Griya Villas and Spa|
|Candidasa||01||Nirwana Beach & Resort|
|Nusa Penida||02||Ocean Terrace Suite And Spa Luxury|
|Sanur||01||Hotel Fairmont Sanur Beach|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 09 Nights accommodation hotel.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.