Embark on this amazing adventure across Egypt. Begin in Cairo to see the Pyramids. Travel to Aswan to board a Nile cruise to Luxor. Tour the ancient temples of Aswan, Luxor, and Edfu. Camp in the Western Desert with Bedouin. See the remains of Roman forts and the White Desert.
Day 01: Arrival Cairo – Welcome to land of the Pharaoh’s
Meet and assist you at Cairo International Airport (Arrival procedures) after luggage and customs holding a sign reflects your name and then he will escort you to the hotel. At hotel the tour manager will assist you to check-in smoothly and review your holiday itinerary with you to establish and confirm pick-up times for each tour. Overnight in Cairo.
Day 02: Cairo Sightseeing – Train to Aswan
Breakfast at your hotel in Cairo and then at 09:00 AM you will be met and accompanied by your personal guide to Giza Plateau to visit one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the Great Pyramids of Cheops, Chefren, Mykerinus, famous Sphinx and Valley temple facing the great statue. Lunch at a good quality local restaurant. Then head to the Egyptian Museum. Continue driving to Islamic Cairo, where you will be able to explore Khan El Khalili, Cairo’s old bazaar. Later transfer to Giza train station taking sleeper train from Cairo to Aswan about 14 hours. Dinner and breakfast will be served on board – overnight inside your compartment. (There is another option with domestic flight upon your request).
Day 03: Aswan Optional Tour to Abu Simbel
You will be met at Aswan station, then transferred to your hotel, Optional to enjoy a tour to one of Egypt’s top tourist attractions, Abu Simbel Temples, which were originally carved out of the mountainside during the reign of Pharaoh Ramesses II approximately in the 13th century BC, as a last monument to himself and his Queen Nefertari. Overnight in Aswan.
Day 04: Aswan Nile Cruise Tours
Breakfast at your hotel in Aswan. Then you will be picked up from hotel at 10:00 AM and then transfer to embark your Nile River Cruise before Lunch at 11:00 a.m, then enjoy visiting the world famous High Dam, The awesome Philae Temple, which is devoted to the two goddesses Isis and Hathor, and the largest known ancient obelisk, located in the northern region of the stone quarries of ancient Egypt, the Unfinished Obelisk. Dinner on board and overnight in Aswan.
Day 05: Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples
Sail to Kom Ombo, have breakfast on board and visit the Temple shared by two gods Sobek & Haeroris in Kom Ombo. Sail to Edfu, lunch on board after that visit the best-preserved cult temple in Egypt, Horus Temple in Edfu. Take afternoon tea during sailing to Esna. Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 06: Luxor Nile Cruise Tours
Sail to Luxor – have a breakfast on board then visit the West Bank, take an excursion to the royal cemetery for 62 Pharaohs, Valley of the Kings, then to mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, which was built by the architects of the New Kingdom Pharaoh Hatshepsut approximately in the 15th century BC at El-Deir El-Bahari & the Colossi Memnon. Lunch on board. PM tour to visit the Karnak complex and Luxor Temple at the East Bank of the Nile River in Luxor and then drive back to the cruise ship. Dinner on board and overnight in Luxor.
Day 07: Luxor Nile Cruise – Baris Oasis
Breakfast on board Nile cruise in Luxor followed by disembarkation at 08:00 AM and then transfer by a private air-conditioned vehicle to Baris Oais about 5 hours driving, visiting Dush Temple and spend the first night camping in the Western Desert.
Day 08: Kharga Oasis – Dakhla Oasis
After breakfast move onto Kharga Oasis to visit Qasr El Labkha – a Roman fortress on the old caravan route, and the oasis’ ethnic museum. After that, visit the Roman Temple of Hibis & Nadora from outside as well as the early Christian cemetery with its chapels painted with murals at Bagawat, nearby. We drive on, to Dakhla, where we spend the night at an Oasis style hut with reed huts, communal showers and basic facilities. Overnight in Dakhla.
Day 09: Dakhla – Camel ride at the Desert
After breakfast, head to the fabulous medieval mud-brick town of Al Qasr, exploring the timeless streets, seeing the old school, an ancient olive press and the granary. We also enjoy a trip to the Roman burial ground Mezzawaqqah from outside and the Roman Temple Deir El Hagar in its serene surroundings. We return for lunch and spend the afternoon relaxing at hot spring while waiting for the heat of the day to pass. In the late afternoon we set off on camels, riding through a desolate windswept landscape to the base of a Great escarpment. Camel ride for about 10 km. Overnight camping in the desert.
Day 10: Farafra Oasis – White Desert
North of Dakhla is Farafra Oasis where we have time to visit Badr Museum and enjoy a swim at the natural sulphur spring at Bir Setah. A little further on we enter the White Desert, a spectacular region of wind-eroded limestone formations. The continual erosion has left a layer of fine white dust on the desert sands, hence the name ‘white desert’. We enjoy a sunset walk in this surreal landscape and spend the night camping under the stars. Note it can be very cold in the winter months (Oct-Mar) so make sure you are well rugged up if you are traveling at this time. Overnight camping in the White Desert.
Day 11: Bahariya Oasis – Cairo
After breakfast, transfer to visit the Crystal Mountain and the Black Desert. Upon arrival in Bahariya, enjoy a local tour to the hill top ruins ‘the English House. Then transfer to see Museum of Golden Mummies, Tombs of the Nobles, Alexander Temple, Temple of Ain Meffetla. After that transfer to Cairo from Bahariya about 4 hours drive. Overnight in Cairo.
Day 12: Cairo – Fly Back Home
Breakfast with free time at your hotel before checking out at 12:00 PM, then Nile will be picked you up by our representative to transfer you to Cairo international Airport for final departure.
|Hotels / Camp
|Fairmont Nile City Hotel, Cairo
|Tolip Hotel Aswan
|Fairmont Nile City Hotel, Cairo
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 10 Nights hotel accommodation.
– 01 Night Accommodation on sleeper overnight train.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Camping equipments like sleeping bags, camel blankets, tents
– Transfer from Luxor to Kharga & from Bahariya to Cairo by an A/C vehicle
– All Transfers from Kharga to Bahariya by 4×4 car
– Camel riding in Dakhla for about 10 km.
– All excursions along the Nile Cruise
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.