If you are thinking of coming to Bhutan, we will be delighted to share our experiences of tangle of adventures, both joy and sorrow. Bhutan Adventure Tour is a mesmerizing token of gift and your holiday. Bhutan is filled with beauty, charm and adventures, be it all manners of exciting outdoor activities such as trekking , hiking, Mountain biking, cycling, rafting and cultural sightseeing in to its unexplored virgin land of Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan.
Explore Bhutan’s beautiful wilderness.
Explore the rivers of Bhutan
Experiences the water rafting in the rivers of Bhutan.
Discover the adventures tours of Bhutan.
Enjoy with the crystal clear rivers of Bhutan.
Punakha Rafting Tour.
Day 01 Arrive Paro By Flight / Paro – Thimphu By Road (56 Kms. / 1 hr. appx.)
The flight into Paro on our national carrier, Druk Air, is a befitting introduction to the spectacular beauty of our country. In clear weather, magnificent views of the world’s highest peaks like Gangkar Puensum, give way to the lush green Paro valley as you land. Our guide will warmly welcome & greet you on arrival, and then to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan. The drive will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes along a river valley, past small villages and traditional farmhouses, through peaceful countryside. It’s a small & charming capital city located in the heart of the Himalayas.
On reaching Thimphu, we will do a short hike, from Kuensel Phodrang to Depsi (South of Thimphu). Before we start the hike, we will visit to Tallest Buddha Statue in the world. Then we will start the hike. The hiking is more or less very easy and plain walk through the forest of Pine, Rhododendron and Oak trees. The hike will take about 1-hour 30 mins. We can see Thimphu city, Thimphu River (Wangchhu) and other adjacent towns through this hike. We can also take some fluttering prayer flags (Lungta) and hang them between two to three trees that will bring fortune, happiness and good health to every one in this world including your enemy.
Evening visit Tashi Chho Dzong, seat of the national government and the Central Monastic Body, including the summer residence of the Je Khenpo (Chief Abbot of Bhutan) and stroll around Thimphu town. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel, Thimphu
Day 02 Thimphu
Sightseeing in Thimphu, visit to Memorial Chhorten, built in 1974 in the memory of third king late Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, and the temple inside gives good examples of tantric Buddhist and its philosophy. Mothithang minizoo to see the National Animal of Bhutan (Takin), Zulikha Nunnery, the Thangtong Dewachen nunnery was founded in 1976 by Rikey Jadrel and today it houses the sixty nuns engaged in Buddhist study and practices. Folk Heritage Museum, this Folk Heritage Museum is a showcase, the 19-century farmhouse and the living style of the Bhutanese family. National Library, the National Library was established in 1967 to preserve many ancient Dzongkha and Tibetan texts. Lunch in Thimphu town.
After lunch, visit Paper Factory, were Bhutanese Traditional Papers & paper products are made. Weaving Center produces hand-woven textiles on site and has a selection of cloth and ready-made garments for sale. This is one of the few places where you can watch weavers at work, and then Authentic Bhutanese handicrafts.
Evening we will visit Bhutanese Farm House for dinner and Traditional Hot Stone bath. Over night stay at Thimphu Hotel or we can organize even in Bhutanese Farm House.
Day 03 Thimphu – Punakha / Wangdi
After our breakfast, we will drive to Punakha/Wangdi. The road climbs steeply through forests of pine, hemlock spruce and rhododendrons. At Dochula Pass (3150m) you will have a breathtaking panoramic view of the Eastern Himalayan Mountain ranges. The pass is adorned with 108 small stupas and many kinds of prayer flags. Then the road descends through lush forests to the fertile valley of Punakha & Wangdi Pghodrang.
On reaching Lobesa, we will visit Chhimi Lhakhang, which is located at a hilltop. The temple is known as ‘the temple of fertility’. At Punakha, visit the most beautiful dzongs in Bhutan, Punakha Dzong. After this, we will drive till the view point of Khamsum Yule Namgyle Chhorten, passing the beautiful rural landscape. Evening at leisure. Dinner and over night stay at Hotel Punakha/Wangdi.
Day 04 Punakha / Wangdi
Today we will enjoy with White Water Rafting in Punakha either of Pho-Chhu or Mo Chhu River. Dinner and over night stay at hotel Punakha.
Day 05 Punakha / Wangdi – Paro By Road (126 Kms. / 4 hrs. appx.)
After the breakfast we will drive to Paro. The road will ascend up to the great Dochula Pass. On the way back to Paro offers another chance to view the amazing Himalayan ranges. Stop along the way to take photos wherever you find the best spot for the photography. On Tacho Gang, visit Tachogang Lhakhang, founded by Thangtong Gyalpo who was a wonder-working Tibetain saint and builder of Iron Chain Briddges in Bhutan. You have to cross through the iron chain bride designed traditionally. Lunch will be served at Paro.
After lunch we will visit to Paro National Museum, it holds fascinating collections of art, relics, religious Thangka paintings and Bhutan’s exquisite postage stamps and Paro Dziong, the center of civil and religious authority in this region. Evening stroll around the Paro vally town, the valley of surpassing Beauty. Dinner and over night stay at Paro hotel.
Day 06 Paro
Toady we will make a hike to Paro Taktshang Monastery, the most famous and scared monastery in Buddhism world. Taksang means “TigerNest” named after Guru Rinpoche reportedly flew to this site riding on the back of a flying tigress late in the 9th century. We have to walk about 2hours up steep from the road end. The trail climbs through beautiful pine forest, many of the trees festooned with Spanish moss, and an occasional grove of fluttering prayer flags. Lunch will be served at Taktshang cafeteria.
On our way back, drive to the village of Drukgyel and visit the ruins of Drukgyel Dzong, built in 1649 to commemorate the victory over Tibetan invasion and Kyichu Lhakhang, it is one of the two most sacred and the oldest temples in Bhutan, built in 7th century by Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo (the 33rd Tibetan king, who is also the manifestation of avoloketeshivara, commonly known to Bhutanese as Chenrize). Evening at leisure, dinner and over night stay at Paro Hotel
Day 07 Depart Paro By Flight
After our breakfast, we will drive to Paro International Airport for your onward flight. Our guide and driver will bid you farewell here at the airport. We wish you a very safe and pleasant flight for your onward destinations.
|Hotels / Camps
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport / train stations.
– 06 nights hotel / Camps / lodge / Guest house accommodation.
– Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
– Bhutan Visa.
– Drive from hotel / camp / guest house / lodge to fishing put in point.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions by private AC vehicle and driver.
– English speaking guide where necessary.
– All taxes.
– International / Domestic air tickets.
– Items of a personal nature, personal expenses.
– Travel Insurance.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.