Take your first trip to Brazil with our tour of Rio de Janeiro & Iguazu Falls. Walk along the curving sweep of Copacabana Beach and enjoy the colours of sunset over Ipanema Beach. Marvel at the stunning views of the city of Rio de Janeiro from the statue of Christ the Redeemer perched on top of Corcovado Mountain, and ride the cable car up Sugar Loaf Mountain. Enjoy the samba beats of the city’s vibrant nightlife and feel the exhuberant energy that produces the world famous Rio Carnaval. Relax on the beaches and enjoy watching the carioca residents of Rio de Janeiro, the most exotic city in the world.
Day 01: Arrive in Rio de Janeiro
After being welcomed on arrival in Rio de Janeiro, your Brazil Adventure Tours guide describes the Marvellous City during the journey to your hotel close to Ipanema or Copacabana Beaches. You pass along the edge of Guanabara Bay, with first glimpses of the city, the statue of Christ The Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain. After a little orientation of the city and the area around your hotel, the rest of the day is then free to explore Rio and perhaps enjoy your first coconut water or a caipirinha cocktail at sunset from Arpoador, the headland between the two main beaches. Evening brings the chance to enjoy Brazilian cuisine for the first time.
Day 02: Rio & Christ the Redeemer
Your first tour of Rio takes you to the top of Corcovado, the steep 710m high mountain topped by the 31m statue of Christ The Redeemer. The views from the base across the city, beaches, mountains, the Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, Guanabara Bay and the Atlantic Ocean are as spectacular as city views can be. You then drop through Santa Teresa and the Selaron Staircase to see the historic side of Rio, the Municipal Theatre and the grand buildings that date from the 19th Century and earlier. The modern Metropolitan Cathedral and the antique Arches of Lapa are two more of Rio\’s postcard sights. The afternoon and evening are free to relax.
Day 03:Cable Cars and Sugar Loaf Views
Morning brings a journey around the lagoon to the Botanical Gardens in the shadow of Christ the Redeemer. The gardens contain an array of tropical species, with palms, orchids and the pau brasil tree that gave its name to the country watched over by monkeys and toucans. You then travel to Sugar Loaf Mountain to ride the cable cars to the 396m summit. The views take in Copacabana Beach, the mountains behind the statue and those surrounding Rio on a clear day. Afternoon and evening are free with a typical Brazilian churrascaria barbeque being one option, while weekend evenings can bring a trip to the samba clubs of Lapa.
Day 04: Beaches, Lagoons and More…
Your day in Rio can be spent relaxing on Copacabana or Ipanema Beach or walking around the Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon. If you prefer to fill your days there are many other ideas around Rio that might appeal. You can take boat trips out on the ocean or around the bay; museum tours can include the Imperial & National Museums, Samba City, the Carmen Miranda or the Diamond Museums. You can cross the bay to MAC, with impressive views back to Rio. A day at the wild beaches at the edge of the city, Prainha & Grumari, is another possibility. Adventurous activities such as hiking, tandem hang-gliding and kayaking can also be included.
Day 05: Iguazu Falls Views
The morning flight takes you to Iguazu Falls, and your first chance to see the 275 separate falls of the Iguazu River comes as you land. On arrival you will be met for an immediate tour of the Brazilian national park, where you can enjoy the majestic panoramic views of Iguazu from across the gorge. Options include viewing the falls from above with helicopter rides above them. In the late afternoon you transfer to your hotel with the evening free. Please be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear for Iguazu Falls, as the walkways, paths and yourselves become wet from the spray. Camera protection is also a good idea.
Day 06: Mesmeric Iguazu
After breakfast you cross to the Argentinean national park, where walkways allow you to experience the majesty of Iguazu from very close quarters. The undoubted highlight is the mesmeric experience of looking down into The Devil\\\’s Throat as the falling water pounds the bottom, creating the roar and mist that mean Iguazu Falls can be seen and heard for miles around. The afternoon finishes with the adventure boat ride which takes you right under the falling curtains of water. In the evening you may like to take in a Latin American Dance Show, or in the period around Full Moon, you can visit the falls to view Iguazu By Moonlight.
Day 07: Flying Away from Brazil
With your flight from Iguazu back to Rio likely to be in the afternoon, you may have time to visit more Iguazu attractions. The Bird Park has hundreds of colourful tropical species free to fly around huge aviaries, including parrots, macaws and toucans, accompanied by huge butterflies too. A tour to Itaipu Dam takes you to the Rio Parana to see what was the largest hydroelectric plant on earth until recently. Mid-afternoon, you transfer to the airport for your domestic flight back to Rio, connecting there with your flight home.
|Rio de Janeiro||04||Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana|
|Iguazu Falls||02||Wish Foz do Iguaçu|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees activities as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.