Start and end in Odense! With the Bicycle tour Round Trip on the Danish South Seas, you have a 8 days tour package taking you through Odense, Denmark and 5 other destinations in Denmark.
Denmark is ideal for cycling holidays – and in particular this applies to the island of Funen. A total of 1,200 km of signposted cycling routes will make the heart of small and large cyclists beat faster. The island in the South Funen Sea is considered a small miracle and is known far beyond its borders as the garden of Denmark. Your bike tour takes you across the island,
Day 01: Arrival to Odense
Odense is the capital of Funen and is also the birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen. We recommend an early arrival, which the cultural and historic city has a lot to offer. On an evening stroll through the city, you can discover the city’s long history while exploring the local gastronomic scene.
Day 02: Odense – Assens
Quickly leave the city bustle behind and immerse yourself in a true natural paradise. After just a few kilometres you will discover why Funen is also called the garden of Denmark. The often unspoiled landscape will enchant you and is suitable for a picnic in many places. Today’s stage destination is the small port town of Assens, located directly on the Kleine Belt. Guests can learn a lot about the historic Old Town by visiting the local museum Vestfyn.
Distance: approx. 45
Day 03: Assens – Faaborg
Today you will cross the “Alps of the island of Funen”. The landscape changes from forest areas to coastal stiffins and always has breathtaking views. Of particular attractiveness is the pristine moraine landscape in the Svanninge Bakker nature reserve. Interested in architecture will be amazed by the old mansions and churches, which will pass you on the bike tour. The goal of the day is Faaborg. The best way to explore the old port city is by strolling through the small streets. The Faaborg Art Museum is also worthwhile for art lovers.
Distance: approx. 40
Day 04: Faaborg – Ærø Island – Svendborg
A special experience awaits you today. On your bike tour you will explore the island of Ærø. A ferry ride takes you from Faaborg to Søby in the morning. A short bike ride to the east allows you to enjoy the island to the full. For Ærøskøbing, the fascinating and historic capital of the island, you should definitely allow some time to explore. From Ærøskøbing you will finally take a ferry back to the island of Funen to Svendborg, which is also your next destination.
Distance: approx. 25
Day 05: Rest – Free Relax
Today you are spoilt for choice. Svendborg is the maritime centre of Funen Island. Countless shopping venues, attractions, restaurants and bars are to be found on site. Why not use the day to relax or stroll. But there are also numerous possibilities on the bike: the islands of Skarø and Drejø offer unique nature experiences and are easy to reach by ferry from Svendborg (ticket not included; price approx. €29, – per person; payable locally). Or you can explore the island of Tåsinge with Valdemars Castle, which is particularly worth visiting. Swimming enthusiasts must not forget the bathing suit. Whatever you choose, you will definitely not be bored today.
Day 06: Svendborg – Nyborg
Today’s route is very diverse. A large part leads along the coast, but you always move inland. You will pass numerous old castles and mansions. In addition, there are always small breaks on the beach to jump into the cool water. The sea route between the Danish islands of Funen in the west and Zealand in the east is the Great Belt. Nyborg is home to the imposing bridge link, which remains one of the longest suspension bridges in the world. Nyborg Castle is also worthwhile.
Distance: approx. 45
Day 07: Nyborg – Odense
Always following the coast, you can quickly reach the picturesque port town of Kerteminde. Visit the Fjord & Belt Museum to learn a lot about the ocean and its inhabitants. The numerous restaurants on the harbour promenade are ideal for lunch break. The last stretch will take you back to Odense, the starting point of your bike trip to Funen. Take some time again for an evening stroll through the city, or visit the newly renovated birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen.
Distance: approx. 50
Day 08: Individual departure
After breakfast, your trip ends.
|Odense||01||Danhostel Odense City|
|Faaborg||01||Nans Flex & Feriehus|
|Odense||01||Danhostel Odense City|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Map material with route description incl. GPS data
– Ferry ticket from Faaborg to Søby (incl. bike)
– Ferry ticket from Ærøskøbing to Svendborg (incl. bike)
– All transfers, sightseeing by private vehicle.
– English speaking guide.
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.