This 8 days /7nights safari will begin and end in Kigali Rwanda’s capital and its largest city, it will give you an opportunity to track the endangered mountain gorillas in the volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri. Gorillas are regarded as endangered species only found in this park and safaris to track the endangered mountain gorillas are regarded as breathtaking moment in life very difficult to forget. You will also track the golden monkey in volcanoes N.P and later cross to Nyungwe forest national park in the south of Rwanda to track chimps the closest relative to human sharing almost 98% of human genes. Track also the colobus monkey and also enjoy the canopy walk.
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Ruhengeri.
You will be picked up at the airport by our safari guide/driver who will later drive you to Ruhengeri in the northern part of Rwanda passing through the beautiful thrilling countryside with a lot of rolling hills which gives its name as a country of ‘’a thousand hills’’. Early arrival will give you a chance to first visit the genocide memorial site in Gisozi or visit the National museum in Kigali. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Mountain gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park
Wakeup relatively early for a morning breakfast to give you energy for this wonderful and memorable experience with the gorillas. After, assemble at the park headquarters for short briefings from the park wardens about the dos and don’ts while with the gorillas. After, escort the ranger guide to the forest to begin the search of rare animals, the time spent in the forest searching for these apes in unpredictable, however it can go from 1-8 hours, so a reasonable degree of fitness is needed as well as tracking gears, and once they are met, you will forget all the troubles you have gone through and utilize the one hour you are allowed staying with these apes learn their skillful behaviors of how they communicate among others take as many photos as you can (switch of your flash). You will see other forest dwellers in the forest like golden monkey, giant forest hogs and many bird species and trees.
In the evening if you still have energy, go for an Iby’Iwacu village walk and interact with the local people in the Banyarwanda community. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Hike Dian Fossey graveyard
This day after breakfast, proceed for a trek to tour the graveyard of Dian Fossy an American anthropologist and a researcher who studied and habituated the behaviors of mountain gorillas for over 18 years and she carried out her research center at the Karisoke. See where she was murdered and buried near her gorilla friend Digit and many other gorillas killed either by diseases or sneers set by poachers. Here you will get much information regarding her works and how she was killed. In the trek to visit Dian Fossy grave yard, you will encounter very many primate species including vervet monkeys, golden monkeys, and gorillas, bird species among many others. After the activity, return back to the hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest national park.
After breakfast, transfer to Nyungwe forest national park in the south western part of Rwanda passing via the Lake Kivu and many beautiful views and scenery. En route visit to Butare town and visit the national museum, king’s palace at Nyanza, cultural sites and many other interesting places around. Have lunch within Butare and later continue to the park, arrival at the park in the evening. Nyungwe forest national park is a home to over 13 species of primates coupled with chimpanzees the closest relative to human. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Chimpanzee tracking Nyungwe forest national park
Early breakfasts to give you energy for chimp tracking, after, get briefed by the ranger guides about the dos and don’ts while with the chimp. After escort the ranger guide to Nyungwe forest in search for Chimpanzees the closest relative of man. Tracking time is unpredictable, however it can last from 1-6 hours in the jungle searching them since meeting them depends on where they last spent their night from. And once they are met stay with them for only one hour while taking photos and also observing their behaviors. You will see other primates like the Blue Monkeys, red tailed monkey, grey checked mangabeys, L’Hoest’s monkey, golden monkeys, large troops of the Angola Colobus colobus monkeys, and many beautiful forest birds like the Rwenzori Turaco, paradise flycatcher, great blue Turaco among many others. In the evening you will go for an optional nature walk or visit the tea factory in the nearby locality. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Canopy walk
After breakfast at the lodge, you will embark on a canopy walk in the Nyungwe forest national park one of its kind activity; the canopy walk gives a chance to see various species of primates and birds up-close just meters from the canopy. You will enjoy the beautiful sights and sounds of different bird species such as the Rwenzori Turaco, Hornbills among others. The walk can go up to full day walking from the start up to the end and came back. This is an interesting activity, after retire back to the lodge for relaxation, Overnight at hotel.
Day 07: Nyungwe / Kigali
Wake up leisurely for a hearty breakfast, and then after, transfer back to Kigali, in case you missed the Kigali city tour on day one go for a city tour and visit some of the fascinating places in Kigali like Nyamata and Ntarama genocide memorials, national museum hand craft shops among many others. Later transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 08: Depart Kigali
Transfer to the airport to meet your departure flight back to home.
|Ruhengeri||03||La Palme Hotel|
|Nyungwe||03||Nyungwe Forest Lodge|
|Kigali||01||Kigali Marriott Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– National Park entrance Fees as per program
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.