Hiking Tours of Brazil are all basic ideas that can be tailor-made to match your requirements. Any tour can include one or more destinations, and can be purely dedicated to hiking, although some mountains may include a little climbing that is still suitable for those without much experience. We can also arrange serious climbing trips. We can also mix them with other activities such as climbing, kayaking or tandem hang-gliding flights, some regular tourism, and some nightlife.
Day 01: Arrive in Bahia
Your flight arrives in Salvador after flying over the beautiful coastline of Bahia in Brazil’s north-east. A window seat should give you a view of endless miles of white sand, palm-tree groves and blue ocean. On arrival in Salvador, the state capital of Bahia and first capital of Brazil, you will be welcomed at the airport and transferred to your hotel in the historic centre of the city around Pelourinho. Your day is then free to recover from the journey and enjoy Bahian cuisine such as acarajé or moqueca, usually based around seafood, spices and coconut milk.
Day 02: Afro-Brazilian Cultural Capital
Your morning tour of Salvador begins by the lighthouse and fort at the entrance of All Saints Bay and continues via the port which unloaded boats from Africa. Ascending to the Upper City, the Lacerda Elevator has exceptional views over the bay. The tour continues on foot through squares and narrow streets lined with colorful colonial buildings to Pelourinho, the heart of the city. This square contained the whipping post where Africans were sold as slaves. The afternoon is free to browse the historic area. Evening brings a spectacular Bahia Folkloric Show, with representations of candomble rituals and capoeira demonstrations.
Day 03: The Chapada Diamantina National Park
After breakfast you travel to Lençois in the Bahia interior, either by plane (Thursday/Sunday only), public bus or private vehicle. The road west from Salvador passes market towns, plantations, and the dry lands of the Sertao, the Brazilian desert interior. The area around the old diamond mining town of Lençois and the National Park of Chapada Diamantina is an oasis in the dusty outback. Flat-topped mountains rise to 1600m, and the valleys between them are covered in lush forests and tumbling waterfalls. After arriving you can explore the cobbled streets of the charming colonial town, or swim at the beautiful Serrano Falls a short walk upriver.
Day 04:The Caves of Mountains of Chapada Diamantina
A full day around the Chapada Diamantina National Park begins with a visit to the Rio Mucugezinho and a short walk to the Poço do Diabo (Devil’s Well) Waterfall, with a short stop for a swim there. After lunch, you visit the Gruta Azul (Blue Cave) to see the sun hitting the crystal clear water at the optimum moment. You wander amongst huge limestone stalactites and stalagmites of the Gruta da Lapa Doce cave system before finishing the day with the short hike to the top of Morro do Pai Inácio. The flat summits allow 360˚ panoramic views as the sun sets on the Chapada Diamantina National Park, a memorable finish before you return to Lençois.
Day 05: Hiking to the Highest Waterfall in Brazil
The hike to the top of Cachoeira da Fumaça, the highest waterfall in Brazil, begins with the drive around to the village of Caete-Açu in the Vale do Capao. The hike begins up a steep path rising 2km from the floor of the valley to the top of the Serra do Sincora. The views along the valley and to other chapadas are stunning. The next 4km are on the flat summit until you reach the top of Cachoeira da Fumaça. At almost 400m, the falls are so high that the water doesn’t reach the bottom! The fall disappears into the spray for which the falls are named. You can also peer down to the lake from an overhanging rock… if you dare! A stop for a swim in the Riachinho Waterfall is included during the journey back to Lençois.
Day 06: Mosquito Falls Hike
Today’s hike takes you out of Lençois to one of the least-visited waterfalls in the region, Cachoeira do Mosquito. The trail to the falls has only been opened in recent years, and so remains an experience that has been enjoyed by few people. After driving out of town, you reach the ranch at the start of the trail which takes you through the gorge to the bottom of the 60m high falls. After time for photos and a swim, you then hike upwards to the superior level, where natural pools provide another swimming opportunity as you relax and enjoy the views down into the valley. A trail lunch is provided while you enjoy the views before returning to the ranch and driving back to Lençois in the afternoon.
Day 07: Paradise Beaches of Bahia
Following breakfast you begin the journey to Praia do Forte with the return to Salvador (by plane if possible). The Coconut Highway north of Salvador runs past rocky coastline and quaint fishing villages on the 50km journey to Praia do Forte. After arriving, the rest of the afternoon is free to explore. There are 13km of paradise beaches around Praia do Forte, which developed from the old fishing village into a modern beach village. The old fort ruins of Garcia D’Ávila Castle and the little lighthouse are also worth a browse. Dining amongst the palm trees under a twinkling sky or a tropical moon is a real pleasure in Praia do Forte.
Day 08: Turtle & Whale Watching in Bahia
Another free day gives you the chance for turtle spotting, as hundreds of female turtles visit each year between May and September to lay their eggs in the sands of Praia do Forte. The turtles and their nesting sites are protected by TAMAR, the Brazilian Sea Turtle Project based near the lighthouse. A sighting of one of these beautiful creatures making her way up the beach to bury her eggs at night, or the hatching turtlets making their way to the ocean some two months later is sure to be a highlight of your trip to Brazil. There are also whale-watching trips between July and October to see the increasing numbers of humpback whales.
Day 09: Palms & Reefs of Praia do Forte
With a free day in Praia do Forte you can relax on the paradise beaches of Bahia, some of the finest in Brazil. The reef just off of the beach acts as a natural breakwater making the turquoise sea calm and clear. The tidal pools that form amongst the coral reef warm up in the sun, making swimming and snorkelling amongst the colorful tropical fish an enjoyable experience for anybody. There are also boat rides on the Atlantic Ocean, deep-sea fishing trips, buggies to rent, or you can kayak in the lagoon, while the Sapiranga Nature Reserve is a protected area of Atlantic Rainforest, with trails, river and waterfalls to enjoy.
Day 10: Bye-bye Bahia!
After breakfast at your hotel you will be picked up for the 90 minute transfer back to the airport in Salvador for your flight back to home.
|Zank by Toque Hotel
|Hotel de Lencois
|Pousada Villa Lagoa das Cores
|Hotel de Lencois
|Zank by Toque Hotel
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 09 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees activities as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.