On your motorbike, travel to South India and discover a rich and luxuriant region and discover the essence of a more idyllic India. Kerala, an exporter of spices since 3000 BCE, will captivate you with its shiny and relaxing atmosphere, its authentic beaches and stunning tea plantations. Soon, you’ll also be face to face with the mountains and experience the wildlife, both typical of the region. Your trip will range from the Occidental Ghats to the surrounding Tamil Nadu. Here, you’ll feel like you’re in a different India: one of multicolored Tamoul temples, Pondicherry, and a Royal Enfield factory. Don’t wait any longer to schedule your motorcycle tour in South India!
You fell in love with traveling? Then, South India is the ideal place to satisfy your passion! What a wonderful country… From Goa to Lakkavalli, a supernatural succession of panoramas goes with your trip: jungles, wild and preserved beaches, nature reserves, and rice fields… You’ll be amazed by the Kodachadri peak (at 1300 meters or 4260 feet) or the Hampi archaeological site. Hampi is designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. South India riches are within easy reach! Get on your Royal Enfield and join us.
As an experienced rider keen on big spaces, would you like to get off the beaten track by discovering new horizons? Let’s choose one of our South India motorcycle tours! 8 to 13 days of unusual excursions are waiting for you. Make your dream come true and stride along the region with our guides, from the forgotten temples road to the spice route.
So many roads are waiting for you, from the Badami’s rupestrian temples to Kochi: country roads, curvy roads, or even roads following the sea. What a variety! Your stay also guarantees discovering the authentic culture of South India: tasty food, Kathakali shows (typical dancing plays)… All your senses will be stimulated! And to end your trip, why not to visit Guruvayoor, the spiritual Hindu city?
As you discover this amazing and disoriented region, new intense feelings will progressively grow.
Be careful; this Southern India motorcycle tour could change your natural state… for the better!
Day 01 – Arrival Kochi or Cochin (Kerala)
Our representative will meet and greet you at Kochi International Airport (in India). Welcome to heaven on earth, otherwise known as Kerala or ‘God’s Own Country’. You’ll be transferred to a hotel which is located in Fort Kochi in the heart of the ancient town. In the afternoon, we will do some sightseeing in Kochi. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 02 – Kochi to Alleppy (90km, 2hrs)
After an introduction to our back up team, outstanding motor bikes and a safety briefing, we’ll proceed with our ‘maiden’ voyage along charming, overgrown coastal roads and through some delightful fisherman’s villages, to Alleppy. In the evening we’ll experience the Backwater brilliance of Kerala on a typical houseboat, exploring village life in Southern India from the water. After a sumptuous dinner, we’ll overnight on a traditional Kerala houseboat.
Day 03 – Alleppy to Munnar (140km, 5-6hrs)
This marks the true beginning of our Southern Indian motorcycle expedition. We’ll ride through the busy streets of Kochi (Cochin) and gradually wind our way up the hills to Munnar, renowned for its tea plantations. Some of the best Indian tea comes from this part of India. On arrival at Munnar, we’ll check into the hotel, after which we’ll have a stroll in the tea plantations. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 04 – Munnar to Indira Gandhi national park (Topslip) (180km, 6-7hrs)
Today, we explore the Nilgiri Mountains, where some 35 steep hairpin bends will make for an exciting ascend. The area is lush with vegetation and teeming with wildlife and is the source of a thousand streams and rivers. It is a land of peaks and precipices, rolling grasslands in the foothills and dense jungles. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 05 – Indira Gandhi National Park (Topslip) to Silent Valley (170km, 6hrs)
Silent Valley national park stretches as far as the eastern Nilgiri Mountains. This part of the park is one of the most preserved tropical virgin forests comprising of diverse fauna such as elephants, tigers, panthers, wild boars, monkeys and lion tail macaques. Hill tribes inhabit most of this region. Dinner and overnight stay at fabulous accommodation inside the reserve.
Day 06 – Silent Valley to Wayanad (150km, 5hrs)
The Wayanad route is spectacular. During our ascent, the view of the plains is simply splendid. Look out for the verdant pepper, cinnamon, cumin and nutmeg plantations, and also, the endless eucalyptus forests. Created in 1973, the Wayanad Park comprises of all the natural reserves in Kerala and is also known as The Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 07 – Wayanad to Ooty (100km, 4-5hrs)
The Nilgiri hills are the highest mountain range in Tamil Nadu, of which the Mount Dodabetta peak is 2637m high. Ooty is among the best hill destinations of India, especially in the South. Its tropical climate makes it an important agricultural belt, where coffee, tea, spices, flowers and rare essences are produced. This hill station is nestled in the heart of the Nilgiri Mountains and surrounded by dense eucalyptus and tea tree forests. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 08 – Ooty to Kodaikanal (200km, 8hrs)
Descending from Ooty, we’ll negotiate around 20 hairpins down to and then across the Coimbatore plain. We keep riding, our motorcycles thundering all the way up to Kodaikanal. This town is located at an altitude of 2000m, but we’ll be staying in the Elephant valley around 20km before the town. Here we infuse ourselves with Mother Nature at her most splendid. Dinner and overnight stay in Elephant Valley.
Day 09 – Kodaikanal to Periyar (120km, 5hrs)
The roads between Kodaikanal and Periyar will take us through several vibrant villages. After negotiating the downhill hair pins to the valley, we ascend to Periyar, a small border town located between Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the most beautiful protected, impenetrable jungle areas of Southern India where among roughly 10 animal species, herds of wild elephants and about 40 tigers live. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 10 – Periyar to Kochi (160km, 6hrs)
After breakfast, we ride down the Western Ghats on a delightful mountain road, passing through tea plantations and a few colonial vestiges. Heading towards the coast, we go through the backwaters and their alluring landscapes which are a harmonious symbiosis of coconut trees, turquoise water, and colourful saris. Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 11 – Kochi to Airport
You’ll be transferred to Kochi International Airport for your flight back home. Hopefully, you will have had a life changing motorcycling experience with us in Southern India. Certainly, if you want to extend your trip and see more of India, that can be arranged. We will gladly help you sort out hotels, travel arrangements etc. You have come so far so why not make the most of it!
|Place||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Munnar||01||The Panoramic Getaway|
|Indira Gandhi NP||01||Tourist Lodge|
|Silent Valley||01||Tourist Lodge|
|Wayanad||01||Lakkidi Village Resort|
– All ground transfers in India, Kochi International airport to Kochi International airport
– 500cc Motorcycle and fuel for the entire trip.
– 09 nights Accommodation as per the program.
– 01 night Accommodation in Houseboat.
– Breakfast and dinner in the hotel and lunch on the way in local restaurants.
– Mineral water will be provided during the expeditions.
– English speaking guide, a motorcyclist by profession and passion.
– Medical kit.
– Mechanics with all the necessary spare parts.
– Support vehicle (if riders suffer from illness, they may jump into our backup jeep to relax!!).
– All monument entrance fees during the tour, excl. camera fees.
– Back-water boating (South India Expedition).
– Liquor, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
– Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, etc.
– International Flight tickets.
– Visa Fees (If Any).
– Any services / meals not mentioned above.
– Any costs rising due to delays, bad weather, landslides, etc.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.