This road biking tour is your ultimate chance to discover the gorgeous southern coasts of Taiwan, which boasts an incredible mixture of scenery. The cities and towns are steeped in a compelling history as they are home to some of the oldest Chinese settlements intertwined with a more contemporary Taiwanese culture.
Day 01: Taipei Bicycle & Walking Tour
Welcome to Taiwan! Your journey starts in bustling Taipei, where you’ll meet your guide at your hotel for a personalized tour of the city. You’ll start by riding the MRT to Longshan Temple, then continue on your own power with a bike ride around Daan Park. Other stops will include Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, Yongkang Street, and another MRT trip to the Taipei 101 skyscraper, formerly the tallest building in the world.
Day 02: Taipei to Taroko Gorge
Venture outside of the city with a train ride out to Hualien, where you’ll catch a transfer to Taroko Gorge National Park. While the park access may change depending on the time of year and weather conditions, its namesake marble gorge is always spectacular. Pay a visit to the Eternal Spring Shrine, seated atop the Changchun Falls; Swallow Grotto trail, named for its population of the petite nesting birds and known for its views into the gorge; and the Baiyang trail, where you can hike through tunnels and past rushing waterfalls.
Day 03: Bike the East Rift Valley
Pick up a bicycle at the Hualien train station to make your way from Jian to Ruisui, a roughly 44-mile (70 km) ride. You’ll enjoy views along the East Rift Valley and rice paddies as you ride, then meet your transfer in Ruisui to head Yuli town with your luggage.
Day 04: Bike the Pacific Coast
Get back in the saddle today to ride from Yuli to Chenggong via Antong Mountain. The route will take you along the coast, with views of the Pacific and a stop at the Sansiantai Scenic Area and its intricate Dragon Bridge before you transfer to Taitung City for the evening.
Day 05: Taitung to Kenting
Give your legs a break with a scenic drive along the sea coast on the South Link highway. You’ll stop at Millennium Dawn Memorial Park in the coastal town of Taimali, then keep going to lounge on the beach once you arrive at your destination in Kenting. Head to the Kenting night market for snacking and shopping once the sun goes down.
Day 06: Explore Kenting
Your agenda for today is up to you as you explore Kenting. Pay a visit to the Chuanfan Rock, known for inspiring comparisons to a sailboat setting out, and Eluanbi Lighthouse as you while away the day. Once it gets dark, you can visit the Chuhuo Natural Fire, where natural gas coming up from the ground seems to spontaneously ignite, and stargaze at Longpan Park.
Day 07: Kenting to Taipei
Get in one more day of exploring, starting with a transfer from Kenting to Kaohsiung. You’ll visit Cijin island to enjoy its famous fresh seafood, then return to the mainland to see Lotus Pond and the Spring and Autumn Pavilions on its shores before you take the HSR train back to Taipei. On arrival transfer to hotel. Overnigt at hotel.
Day 08: Depart Taipei
Transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Taipei||01||The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei|
|Hualien||01||Ramada Encore By Wyndham Hualien|
|Yuli||01||Yuli Rainbow Bridge|
|Taitung||01||The GAYA Hotel|
|Kneting||02||Amanda Hotel Kenting|
|Taipei||01||The Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.