The Southern Adventure trip starts from Los Angeles and ends in Fort Worth. It is an adventure trip that takes 12 days taking you through Amarillo, Los Angeles, Grand Canyon and 7 other destinations in the USA.
Take a venture to the South where a distinctly different American culture will lure you in. Deserts and canyons will pleasure your eyes while cowboys and jazz bars will liven your nights. Kicking off in New Orleans and ending in Los Angeles, with highlights like Memphis, the Grand Canyon & Texas in between.
Day 01: Arrive Los Angeles
Arrive Los Angeles, meet assist at airport & transfer to hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Los Angeles
The day is yours to explore the City of Angels. Opt to visit Universal Studios or Disneyland or check out LA Live entertainment venue. The shopping goes off, so look for deals in the garment district. Visit the Grammy Museum and for the foodies among us there’s a downtown LA food tour to taste all of the wonders of the multicultural food Mecca.
Day 03: Los Angeles to Las Vegas
We’ll kick things off today in the famed City of Angels, where we’ll set off through the Mojave Desert, marvelling at the majestic Joshua Trees, before reaching the one and only Las Vegas.On arrival we’ll cruise the iconic strip & check out the Vegas sign. Tonight, choose to hang out around Fremont Street or opt for a VIP nightclub experience for the kind of glitzy night out that only Vegas can provide.
Day 04: Las Vegas
You have today all to yourself but youll need to run to a tight schedule to fit in all of Vegas’ weird and wonderful charms. Travel the world in a day, taking in the famous Bellagio fountain, a Venetian gondola and even an Egyptian pyramid, all whilst staying firmly within the city. Feeling romantic? Stop by and see one of the many Elvis impersonators for a shotgun wedding ceremony, and maybe even get hitched yourself… (joking). Tonight live like a baller while you cruise along the ‘Strip’ in a party bus and don’t stress, the bill is on us. Later, youll witness the 24-hour party scene first hand when you head out for a night with the crew.
Day 05: Las Vegas to Grand Canyon
Today we are on the move through the desert of Nevada, heading into Arizonas high country. You will have some down time on the coach, so kick-back, relax, and take in the surroundings as you watch the big ol’ US of A fly by.Following the legendary Route 66, we stop off for a souvenir hunt in the old historical town of Seligman. Youll be transported back to the 1940s while you stroll past the original facades of shops and motels.Prepare to have your mind blown as we continue on to the unforgettable landscape of the Grand Canyon. This location is one of the worlds most recognizable natural wonders and the pride of Arizona. We’ll settle in for the night at our comfy Lodge in the heart of the National Park. Take a step outside and marvel at the endless starry skies. Tomorrow promises to be a day to remember.
Day 06: Grand Canyon
You will be contemplating life, existence, and the immense size of the Grand Canyon with a free day to spend in Grand Canyon National Park. You can spend your day feeling a part of the wilderness as you go hiking through the exposed rock,but by far the most spine tingling experience at this natural wonder is one of our optional chopper rides through the UNESCO World Heritage site. Indulgent sure, but one of those life moments you deserve to treat yourself to. Tonight settle in to watch the sunset on the rim – the epitome of a #NOREGRETS moment for you and the squad.
Day 07: Grand Canyon to Durango via Monument Valley
It is undoubtedly difficult to leave the Grand Canyon, but it is time to enter the Wild, Wild West! Onwards to Monument Valley! But first, one last stop for photos at the red rockin’ canyon before it’s time to hit the road.An iconic desert backdrop that has been home to countless movie sets, Monument Valley serves up mesas and stone spires as far as the eye can see. You’ll recreate the world famous running scene from Forrest Gump, because Life is Like Box of Chocolates! You’ll get to know the Native American history of the area as you learn about the Navajo way of life in the largest reservation in the United States. Later, we will head through a narrow gorge to the striped walls of the Painted Desert where you’ll even see a rock shaped like a sombrero – hola!Next it’s on to Colorados adventure capital, our home for the night. Set amidst a mountainous backdrop, Durango is a cute old mining town where the terrain is rugged, the trees are abundant and quaint gets a whole new meaning. This college town has young blood running through it’s veins, so a great place to head out and explore when the sun goes down.
Day 08: Durango to Santa Fe
The great outdoors is a way of life in Durango with adrenaline pumping river rafting on offer to you and your fellow thrill seekers. This afternoon its a total change of scenery when we enter New Mexico, where sun-baked earthen brick buildings stand out against the bright blue sky.Boasting influences from Mexico, Spain, and Native American cultures, historic Santa Fe is a true melting pot of culture. Take a walk around town to see interesting styles of architecture, shop for beautiful turquoise jewellery in the market and sample all of the different types of regional food on offer.
Day 09: Santa Fe to Amarillo
Rise and shine! Does anyone know the way to Amarillo? We’re headed to this larger than life city this morning.In true Americana Style, we’ll visit Cadillac Ranch, a unique art exhibit celebrating the golden age of Cadillacs. Our accommodation tonight even has a Texas shaped pool and a hotel for your horse if you thought to bring it along. Tonight, try your hat at the “Big Texan Steak Challenge” for a true man vs food moment. Eternal glory awaits anyone who can finish this Texas sized meal in one hour or less.
Day 10: Amarillo to Dallas/Fort Worth
After sleeping off that gigantic Texan steak dinner it’s time to head somewhere BIG, because everything is bigger in Texas.Today we arrive in Fort Worth, ready to take on anything and everything Texan. Still hungry after last night’s feast? We’ve got you covered. Dive mouth first into an over-indulgent big BBQ feast of ribs, sausages, chicken and more – not for the faint hearted (veggies don’t worry, you won’t be going hungry). A night out with the locals will get you in the Texan spirit, before falling into a blissful sleep which will probably having you dreaming of BBQ.
Day 11: Dallas/Fort Worth
Dallas is home to Oil Tycoons, rich ranchers, a thriving tech industry, and of course the Dallas Cowboys, also known as ”America’s Team”.Feeling like an investigation? We include a visit to the 6th floor museum where you can learn more about the assassination of President John F Kennedy and try your hand at figuring out ‘whodunnit.’ Back in Fort Worth, enjoy lunch and sightseeing around Sundance Square, try a craft beer on the Ale Trail or pick up some genuine leather boots and hats at the world famous Justin’s Boots. You will be looking good tonight as we head to the Fort Worth Stockyards, home of the cowboy hall of fame and the world’s largest honkey tonk, Billy Bob.
Day 12: Depart Dallas/Fort Worth
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|SLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection
|Courtyard by Marriott
|Red Feather Lodge
|Hotel Santa Fe, Hacienda & Spa
|Courtyard by Marriott
|W Dallas – Victory
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 11 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.