Embark on 8-day to explore the stunning and unique beauty and uncover the nomadic existence of the age-old, native tribes as they survive and thrive in the harshly, unforgiving landscape, uncaring about trivial things like country borders. Sleep under the stars like our ancestors did, and get the chance to meet the reclusive Muimula tribe, who have removed themselves from the advancing modern world, and live as their ancestors have for millennia.
Day 01: Luanda / Lubango
Arrival at the domestic terminal of 4 de Fevereiro International Airport for check-in formalities. Depart on the TAAG flight to Lubango at Mukanka International Airport. Formalities for arrival and transfer to hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Tundavala / Cristo Rei/ Mumuila Tribe
Breakfast at the hotel. Follow the tour of the Tundavala Fissures, an imposing natural tourist attraction that carries with it a magnificent landscape. The tour continues on Cristo Rei, a statue dedicated to Jesus Christ, from this point you can see the provincial capital and enjoy the most beautiful sunset in the region. Lunch at the place to be indicated. Visit the Mumuila Tribe, where you can closely observe the experience of the Mumuila people and their particularities. Camp set up and dinner around the campfire. Sleeping in Tents.
Day 03: Hungueria Waterfall / Bowers Cemetery / Leba / Namibe Viewpoint
Breakfast at the camp. Next is the Hungueria Waterfall tour, the waterfall is hidden behind a huge rock. Here you can see the action of the water falling to the bottom of the well, monkeys and eagles. Visit Bowers Cemetery. Lunch during the journey at the location to be indicated. Visit the Leba Viewpoint, where you can see a fantastic breathtaking landscape, which besides observing the Serra da Leba, you can also see the waterfall, among other unique attractions. Follow the trip to Namibe where you will have overnight at the Hotel to Indicate.
Day 04: Turned / Rock Paintings / Mucubal Tribe / Mocamedes / Namibe
Breakfast at the hotel. The visit begins with the municipality of Virei. Follow the tour of the Cave Paintings located in Virei, one of the most beautiful prehistoric rock paintings in Angola. Here you can see animal representations and schematic drawings. Visiting the Mucubal Tribe, a people living in southern Angola has pasture as its main economic activity. They are characterized by their semi-naked walking garments, covering the intimate parts with animal skin and typical clothes. Lunch at the indicated place, return to the municipality of Mocamedes the capital of the province of Namibe. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 05: Tombwa / Dunes Rosas / Foz Cunene
Breakfast at the hotel. Then visit the Tombwa municipality which is a town on the coast of Namibe province, largely covered by the Namib desert. Pass through the vast sand dunes of the Namib desert. Cunene River Mouth, a perfect combination of nature between Rio, desert and the sea. A stunning landscape. In full, the mouth of Cunene has a tourist potential that is beginning to be discovered by more tourists. It is common in this area to see ducks, flamingos, turtles, seals, whales, dolphins, Orix’s and much more. Camp set up and dinner around the campfire. Sleeping in Tents.
Day 06: Espinheira / Tchinhungua Camp
Camp pick up after breakfast. Heading to Espinheira where tourists have the opportunity to observe the immensely rich and wonderful faunas and floras that surely create unforgettable experiences for those who pass by. Picnic lunch. Set up camp in Tchinhungua and have dinner around the campfire. Sleeping in Tents.
Day 07: Himba / Iona / Salomjamba Tribe
Breakfast at the campsite in Tchinhungua. We have been on a “search” for the Himba Tribe, since the 16th century in Angola, Himba is a semi-nomadic people, moving according to the best place for grazing cattle. The best-known feature of the tribe is the reddish hue of the skin and hair. This is followed by a visit to the Iona National Park, which has a rich biodiversity, with fauna and flora where herds of fan goats, Orix, hoods, zebras, ostriches, Welwitschia mirabilis, among others, can be observed. Lunch during the visit to the park. Set up camp in Salomjamba area and have dinner around the campfire. Sleeping in Tents.
Day 08: Welwitchia Mirabelis / Red Canyon / Arco / Namibe
Breakfast at the camp. Returning to the city of Namibe we will have the opportunity to observe one of the symbols of Angola, the famous Welwitschia Mirabilis, an icon of the Namib desert, where depending on some weather conditions we will not only see desert gazelles, ostriches, jackals, zebras, hyenas. On the way back to Namibe you will pass the Red Canyon and Arco, authentic natural beauties of unmatched beauty. Lunch at the place to be indicated. Check-in formalities, return to Luanda with flight TAAG
|City||Night (s)||Hotel / Camp|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– Local flight to Luanda
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.