Soldeu – Stay in the heart of the Andorran Pyrenees|Sorteny Nature Reserve – A botanical haven with over 700 species of flora|Incles Valley – Walk through beautiful glacial landscapes to Cabana Sorda Lake|The Andorran Valleys – Explore the scenic majesty of the Vall de Riu and the Sorteny Valley|The Madriu-Perafita-Claror Valley – A UNESCO World Heritage glacial valley.
Day 01: Soldeu
Welcome to Andorra! Your adventure begins with a greeting from your leader upon arrival at the hotel. There are no activities planned for today.
Situated on the southern slopes of the Pyrenees, nestled between France and Spain, the principality of Andorra measures a mere 25 kilometres by 30 kilometres, with an average elevation of 1996 metres. Although small, Andorra is blessed with some of the finest scenery in the Pyrenees and is a great place for an active week in the mountains. Once you arrive at your base for the week, you will have time to explore or relax until the evening.
Day 02: Walking at Salamandres Lake
This morning you will join your fellow travellers for welcome meeting before heading off on the first of many activities. Be sure to check with the hotel check-in staff to check the exact time of this meeting.
Venture out for your first excursion into Andorra’s mountains today. It’s a short (10 minute) drive to Entorn at the base of the stunning Ransol Valley Ridge. Starting at 2000 metres above sea level, climb 250 metres to Salamandres Lake. Choose to relax or take a paddle in the lake or challenge yourself to continue the hike up to the Ransol Ridge at 2,500m. At this height, spectacular views can be enjoyed across the Andorran peaks. The rest of the day is a gradual descent back down going past the Roca del Home Dret, the rock of the straight man. This is a great way to ease yourself into trekking and to acclimatise to the altitude. Keep your eyes open for native flora and fauna, such as the griffon vulture, which can often be seen soaring overhead. Arrive in the beautiful Incles Valley where you’ll cross the Incles river and take a gentle path back to the hotel. You’ll arrive back at the hotel between 3 and 4 pm, giving you a chance to relax in the sun, explore the village or visit a neighbouring hotel’s spa centre.
Day 03: Cycling in Cortals Valley
Drive to the stunning Cortals Valley (approximately 30 minutes). Here you and the family will enjoy a full day of activities. Half-way up the valley you will jump on bikes for a ride along a flat track to Engolasters Lake, glimpsing some beautiful scenery along the way. There are plenty of fun tracks around the lake for all skill levels, and we visit a beautiful viewpoint with a birdseye view of Andorra la Vella, the Principality’s capital city (population 22,000).
For lunch you’ll stop for your picnic in an alpine woodland (you’ll have time to buy this picnic before setting off today), before trying some newly learnt mountain bike skills in the ‘skill-park’. You’ll then cycle back around the far side of Engolasters Lake to the scenic lakeside bar, before returning to the vehicles along the flat track. Here there is the option to ride an exhilarating on-road switch-back descent to Encamp (a total descent of 600 m). Today’s routes can be walked if you’d rather not cycle, and there may be an optional gondola ride – this is the largest ski lift in Europe.
. Bike ride
. Cortals Valley
Day 04: White-water rafting on Noguera River
Crossing the border into Spain, take the high mountain pass over the Port de Canto through very some Mediterranean scenery, still at 1,000 metres high. You can stop at the Port de Canto lookout point to take in the lovely foothills of the Spanish Pyrenees. Continue down to the village of Sort (Catalan for ‘luck’) where at the rafting centre you and the family will be kitted out with wetsuits, helmets, life jackets and a paddle. From the top of the Noguera River, enjoy 14 kilometres of exhilirating white water rafting. Noguera River is renowned as one of the top five rivers for rafting in Europe, thanks to nice stretches of continuous but not too rough water, and many exit points. After a fun ride over a weir and through the Olympic kayaking course, arrive back at the rafting centre to take a shower. The centre has a beautiful garden with a swimming pool and a bar, so you can spend some time here before heading back to Soldeu.
Notes: There is a support vehicle that follows the rafting. Those who don’t want to, or are too young to raft, can follow along in the vehicle or relax and unwind at the centre. Children must be at least 8 years old to participate, and 8–12 year-olds will be able to raft grades I & II only.
. The Old Smugglers Route
. White water rafting
Day 05: Mountain Biking in Ransol Valley
Head out today on a mountain biking adventure the whole family will enjoy. You will be provided with a helmet and fitted to your bike before taking a short drive (10 minutes) to the starting point of the ride. Pedal along a gently undulating path (2.5km) to the end of Ransol Valley, where there is a lovely picnic area with running spring water. Your guide will point out the important peaks of the area such as the Pic de la Serrera where they used to collect iron ore from. Afterwards, descend back through the valley, perhaps taking the chance to ride a more challenging off road section. Finish up the ride at the local Caves Manacor market, where you can purchase souvenirs or taste a variety of local products such as hams, cheeses and spirits. Head back to the hotel for a picnic lunch on the terrace.
Afternoon in the van and drive up to Grau Roig ski area, which is 2000 metres above sea level. Have a go at conquering the dirt mountain bike circuit before cruising back to the hotel. This ride will be on and off road and mostly downhill (6km).
. Introduction to Mountain Biking Day Trip
. Bike ride
Day 06: Walking in Incles Valley
Walk from the hotel to the nearby Incles Valley for today’s walk. Set off along forested mountain slopes and along a single track through the woods where there are beautiful flowers, rhododendrons (in June), wild fruit (midsummer) and wild mushrooms (in September). The gently climbing path zig-zags up to the stunning Cabana Sorda Lake, which sits below an impressive semi-circular amphitheatre of rock.
From the lake, eager walkers can continue the hike up to the peak (2,600 m), which gives you a bird’s eye view of the gorgeous valley. Those staying at the lake can take a refreshing dip in the cold mountain water, walk around the lake or perhaps watch the fishermen catching mountain trout. After lunch, descend through beautiful meadows and woodland to the valley floor, where you can either take transport back to the hotel or continue back on foot.
. Incles Valley Walk
. Walk in the Pyrenees
Day 07: Departure Day
Departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Soldeu, Andorra||06||Hotel Ski Plaza & Wellness|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.