Starting in Caracas, this highlights of Venezuela tour shows you Canaima National Park’s hotspots, including breathtaking tepuis, Angel Waterfalls, and lagoons in Canaima. Stay in an eco-lodge near the Canaima lagoons, go canoeing, and spend the night on the
Caribbean coast during this spectacular tour.
Day 01: Arrival in Caracas
Arrive at Caracas airport, where a guide will meet you and take you to your hotel near the Caribbean coast. Caracas, the capital of Venezuela, is situated in a lush green valley, just a 30 minutes drive from the coast.
Day 02: Canaima National Park, Sapo Waterfalls, & Eco Lodge
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the Canaima National Park, a forested gem nestled between the Amazon Rainforest basin and the Orinoco River. Here you will find tepuis, which are rock plateaus rising up thousands of meters from the forest floor. These flat-top rock formations were once all linked together and stretched as far as Colombia to Guyana.
Today, enjoy a canoe ride in traditional dugout canoes through Canaima Lagoon and Canaima Beach. You’ll pass by seven waterfalls, and then take a quick walkthrough savannah grassland until you reach the roaring Sapo Waterfalls. You will even walk behind the curtain of the falls, feeling the exhilarating spray. Then continue walking on the top of the tepuy over the waterfalls. This evening, you’ll have the opportunity to stay at an eco-lodge on the banks of the Canaima Lagoon.
Day 03: Canoe Ride to Base of Angel Falls
Wake early to the idyllic sounds of nature at the lodge, and enjoy a delicious breakfast. Then board a motorized dugout canoe, called a “curiaras” in the local Pemón language. Your guide will take you and the group on a canoe ride along the Carrao river, across the Mayupa Lagoon, and the Arautaima rapids to the Churún River. Soak in the natural beauty of Canaima National Park, especially the scenery of the Devil’s Canyon. Then you’ll see the highest waterfall on earth, the spectacular Angel Waterfalls. Go on a light hike through the rainforest until you reach the base of the falls, where you can appreciate its magnificence. You can go swimming and eat a picnic lunch at the base of the falls. In the afternoon, return to the lodge in Canaima.
Day 04: Return to Caracas & Departure
In the morning, depart from the lodge and fly from Canaima to Puerto Ordaz, and then to Caracas. At the Caracas airport, your driver will take you to the hotel on the coast for a final evening of relaxation on Venezuela’s Caribbean sea.
Day 05: Caracas Departure
The morning, transfer to the airport for your international flight home.
|Caracas||01||JW Marriott Hotel Caracas|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 04 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.