This journey will take you to the best places on the mighty Zambezi. You will bathe in luxury in one of Africa’s most beautiful areas.
You will be spoiled by the warm hospitality of the Zimbabwe people, the variety of activities, great culinary exposure, magic vistas and wildlife.
This journey includes a light aircraft flight from Victoria Falls to Lake Kariba and this is undoubtedly one of the most scenic flights in Africa.
Day 01: Arrival in Victoria Falls
Upon arrival in Victoria Falls you will be welcomed by a Vayeni representative who will introduce you to your driver. The driver will take you on a one hour journey to the luxury camp, positioned in the Zambezi National Park. You have time to refresh before afternoon tea and your late afternoon activity to soak up the peace and tranquility of the bush and the river.
Day 02: The Zambezi
Your next two days in the park are tailored to your liking. There are a wide variety of activities available ranging from fishing, canoeing, birding, walking, game drive and a visit to Victoria Falls town and the waterfall. You can spend your days being busy on the water and on land or you may choose to relax from the deck of your luxury tented suite or enjoy the view from your private plunge pool.
Day 03: The Time is yours
Another magical day on the river. Do what you like, the guides and camp manager are available 24/7 to meet your needs and advise you on suitable activities
Day 04: Flight over the Zambezi
After a scrumptious breakfast you will be transferred to Victoria Falls Airport where your light aircraft awaits you to fly you over the Zambezi gorge to lake Kariba. This is scenic flight is magic and ensure that you have your camera at hand. Upon landing on the private airstrip of Bumi Hills, which is often popular by game, your guide will drive you up the hill to the lodge.
After check-in, lunch will be served on the restaurant deck overlooking the lake and the various islands. In the late afternoon you will explore the area by safari vehicle or by boat.
Day 05: The Tonga People
This part of Zimbabwe is the most remote part of the country and home to the Tonga people who believe in the power of the Nyami Nyami, their river God. The majority of the staff at the lodge are from the rural area of Mola and they would love to show you their culture. In the morning you can go on a village visit while in the afternoon you can be on the lake enjoying a sun downer cruise or even have a spa treatment
Day 06: The diversity of the Safari
The Matusadona area is diverse and you may like to go on a walk or hike with the professional guide, tracking animals or climbing rocks and looking for bushman rock paintings. Fishing is also a big part of Lake Kariba and home of the fighting Tiger fish and for those who have never fished in their lives, this is a good chance to give it a try.
Day 07: Flight back to Victoria Falls
Today after a leisurely breakfast you will fly back to Victoria Falls (or Harare) for your flight back home or onward journey.
|Victoria Falls||03||Victoria Falls Hotels|
|Lake Kariba||03||Lake Kariba Inns|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance Fee, National Park Fees
– Light aircraft flight from Victoria Falls to Lake Kariba
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.