This tour takes you to the three Classic Destinations of Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Iguazu Falls and the Amazon Rainforest in only 10 days.
The tour begins around Copacabana and Ipanema Beaches in Rio de Janeiro, with trips to see the statue of Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain. After the Carioca City Culture, you fly on to the two Natural Wonders of Brazil.
Iguazu Falls is one of the three giant waterfalls of the world, and perhaps the most beautiful of them all. After visits to see the panoramic views from the Brazil side, you cross to the Argentina side for sensational close-up views. Helicopter and boat rides can enhance your experience of Iguazu Falls.
Day 01: Arrive in Rio de Janeiro
After being welcomed on arrival in Rio de Janeiro, your Brazil Adventure Tours guide describes the Marvellous City during the journey to your hotel close to Ipanema or Copacabana Beaches. You pass along the edge of Guanabara Bay, with first glimpses of the city, the statue of Christ The Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain. After a little orientation of the city and the area around your hotel, the rest of the day is then free to explore Rio and perhaps enjoy your first coconut water or a caipirinha cocktail at sunset from Arpoador, the headland between the two main beaches. Evening brings the chance to enjoy Brazilian cuisine for the first time.
Day 02: Rio & Christ the Redeemer
Your first tour of Rio takes you to the top of Corcovado, the steep 710m high mountain topped by the 31m statue of Christ The Redeemer. The views from the base across the city, beaches, mountains, the Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, Guanabara Bay and the Atlantic Ocean are as spectacular as city views can be. You then drop through Santa Teresa and the Selaron Staircase to see the historic side of Rio, the Municipal Theatre and the grand buildings that date from the 19th Century and earlier. The modern Metropolitan Cathedral and the antique Arches of Lapa are two more of Rio’s postcard sights. The afternoon and evening are free to relax.
Day 03: Cable Cars and Sugar Loaf Views
Morning brings a journey around the lagoon to the Botanical Gardens in the shadow of Christ the Redeemer. The gardens contain an array of tropical species, with palms, orchids and the pau brasil tree that gave its name to the country watched over by monkeys and toucans. You then travel to Sugar Loaf Mountain to ride the cable cars to the 396m summit. The views take in Copacabana Beach, the mountains behind the statue and those surrounding Rio on a clear day. Afternoon and evening are free with a typical Brazilian churrascaria barbeque being one option, while weekend evenings can bring a trip to the samba clubs of Lapa.
Day 04: Beaches, Lagoons and More…
Your day in Rio can be spent relaxing on Copacabana or Ipanema Beach or walking around the Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon. If you prefer to fill your days there are many other ideas around Rio that might appeal. You can take boat trips out on the ocean or around the bay; museum tours can include the Imperial & National Museums, Samba City, the Carmen Miranda or the Diamond Museums. You can cross the bay to MAC, with impressive views back to Rio. A day at the wild beaches at the edge of the city, Prainha & Grumari, is another possibility. Adventurous activities such as hiking, tandem hang-gliding and kayaking can also be included.
Day 05: Iguazu Falls Views
The morning flight takes you to Iguazu Falls, and your first chance to see the 275 separate falls of the Rio Iguazu comes as you land. On arrival you will be met for an immediate tour of the Brazil National Park, where you can enjoy the majestic panoramic views of Iguazu from across the gorge. Options include viewing the falls from above with helicopter rides above them. In the late afternoon you transfer to your hotel on the Argentina side of the river with the evening free. Please be sure to wear appropriate clothing and footwear for Iguazu Falls, as walkways, paths and yourselves become wet from the spray. Camera protection is also a good idea.
Day 06: Mesmeric Iguazu
After breakfast you cross to the Argentinean national park, where walkways allow you to experience the majesty of Iguazu from very close quarters. The undoubted highlight is the mesmeric experience of looking down into The Devil’s Throat as the falling water pounds the bottom, creating the roar and mist that mean Iguazu Falls can be seen and heard for miles around. The afternoon finishes with the adventure boat ride which takes you right under the falling curtains of water. In the evening you may like to take in the Rafain Latin American Dance Show with Dinner, or in the period around Full Moon, you can visit the falls to view Iguazu By Moonlight.
Day 07: From the Falls to the Rainforest
An early transfer takes you to the Iguazu airport for your journey to Manaus, flying above miles of nothing but green jungle and silver rivers for the final part, a special sight if the rainforest cloud clears for you. On arrival in the city, you will be met for the 3hr drive through the jungle to Novo Airao, completing the journey to Anavilhanas Lodge by boat amongst the sights and sounds of the Amazon. In the afternoon you can take a boat tour around islands of the Anavilhanas Archipelago before returning to the lodge for dinner. In the evening you have the opportunity to look for caiman alligators, the largest reptile of the Amazon River system.
Day 08:Explore the Amazon Jungle
Your day can be engaged in Amazon activities: hiking in the jungle with your expert guide; canoeing through the creeks and the trunks of the flooded forests; visiting local Tiririca communities to see how people make their lives on the edge of the world’s largest river system. You have the opportunity to fish for piranha too – the legendary Amazon fish is not as dangerous to humans as humans are to them. You can also learn how many uses of those sharp teeth there are in the Amazon. You return to the lodge in the late afternoon to enjoy the sounds of sunset before dinner, made with fresh local ingredients, possibly including your piranha…
Day 09: Amazon River Dolphins
At least one morning in the Amazon should be spent admiring the sunrise. The Amazon Dawn is a beautiful time, although not a peaceful one! The rainforest comes alive with bird, monkey and amphibian calls in a chorus of staggering volume. Parrots, parakeets and macaws seem to be competing to make the most noise as the sun rises over the canopy of trees. Among some of the calmer Amazon animals are the pink and grey river dolphins. These friendly creatures seem to enjoy the company of humans, and Anavilhanas is the only lodge in the Manaus area that always includes a trip to see and perhaps even swim with them at Novo Airao.
Day 10: Flying Away from The Amazon
After breakfast, you begin the journey from Anavilhanas Lodge back to the Real World. The morning boat takes you back to the road, where you drive on to the airport in Manaus for flight back to home.
|Rio de Janeiro||04||Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana|
|Iguazu Falls||02||Wish Foz do Iguaçu|
|Amazon||03||Anavilhanas Amazon Lodge|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 09 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees activities as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.