Enjoy a game drive along the Zambezi River, enjoying elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lion and more.
Silently drift up to kingfishers and bee-eaters in your canoe and see how close you can get.
Sit around a crackling campfire in the heart of Mana Pools National Park listening to the sounds of an African night and watching for shooting stars in the night sky.
The bird life of Matusadona is one of its outstanding features and for the fish eagle in particular, the remnants of the drowned forests of Kariba provide an abundant bonus of nesting sites.
Experience the thundering sound and impressive spray that gives the Falls its local name, Mosi-oa-Tunya which means the “Smoke that Thunders”.
Day 01: Harare International Airport – Mana Pools National Park.
On arrival at Harare airport you will be met and connect by private charter onto Ruckomechi Camp in the Mana Pools National Park. On arrival you will be able to relax in your luxury tent at Ruckomechi Camp. Ruckomechi is situated on the banks of the Zambezi River and has stunning views.
The area: is renowned for large numbers of elephant, buffalo, hippo and eland, especially in the winter when they concentrate along the river. Predators such as lion, leopard and wild dog are all found in the area. Birdlife is superb, particularly for both mopane woodland and riverine species with numerous local specials like Collared Palm-Thrush, Racket-tailed Roller, Purple-banded Sunbird and Black-throated Wattle-Eyes.
Activities at Ruckomechi Camp include wildlife viewing in open 4×4 vehicles, on motorised pontoon boats, on foot and in canoes.
Day 02: Mana Pools
You will be able to enjoy a full days safari activities. Game drives explore the woodland, open plains and river banks. Mana is well known for its elephant which stand on their hind legs to reach the trees. As well as elephant Mana has excellent populations of buffalo, lion, leopard, giraffe, eland and more.
Day 03: Mana Pools
Another full day of safari activities. You may wish to go on a walking safari or take a boat trip on the river to enjoy the crocodiles and hippos. Mana has some wonderful birdlife with colourful species such as malachite kingfishers, saddle billed storks, spoonbills, carmine bee-eaters (in September and October) and more.
Day 04: Mana Pools
After a morning at Ruckomechi Camp you will join your Mana Canoe Trail. You’ll start with a gentle afternoon paddle downstream. As you paddle your guides will point out animals and birds for you and there will be plenty of opportunity to take photographs. Arriving at your camp at night you’ll find simple dome tents, bucket showers and a roaring campfire. After dinner under the stars you can retire and rest your weary arms for the night!
Day 05: Mana Pools
On a typical canoe trail the paddling isn’t normally too strenuous with 2-3 hours in the morning and about the same in the afternoon. In the morning you may stop for tea and a short walk, and at lunch time you’ll break for a picnic and a snooze under a tree.
Day 06: Mana Pools
You have another full day on the Mana Canoe Trail, exploring the river and waterways and stopping for coffee, lunch and a snooze on the river banks. The canoe trail is a wild trip and for the adventurous. However, if you enjoy a wild safari it will suit you very well.
Day 07: Mana Pools – Matusadona National Park
After a short morning paddle you’ll leave your canoe trail and have a transfer back to Kariba. You will be transferred to Bumi Safari Lodge situated approximately 55-km south west of Kariba town. You may be a little tired and so can enjoy a good meal and a late game activity.
Overnight Luxury Lodge.
Day 08: In Matusadona National Park
Activities: The Lodge offers a variety of activities which include game viewing by Land Rover, on foot accompanied by a professional guide and by boat. The sunset cruise provides guests with wonderful photographic opportunities especially of the famous Kariba sunsets.
Overnight Luxury Lodge.
Days 9,10: Fly from Bumi Hills to Victoria Falls.
You will fly from Bumi Hills Safari Lodge to Victoria Falls airport, and on arrival you’ll be met and transferred to Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
There is an evening dance troupe at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. The dancers are spectacular and, in the process of trying to out-dance each other, will provide you with an unforgettable evening as the trumpeting Kudu horns and rumbling drums – will become almost as familiar as the crash of the falls.
ACTIVITIES: Guided tours of Victoria Falls, cultural, museum and market tours, morning or evening game drives in Mosi-Oa-Tunya and morning or evening boat cruises on the Zambezi River. Victoria Falls is rated as one of the world’s top destinations for adrenaline and river activities. The most popular of these include (at an additional cost): seasonal white water rafting, bungee jumping, gorge swing, micro lighting over the Victoria Falls, brunch and breakfast canoe trips on the Zambezi and falls-edge dining.
Overnight Luxury Safari Lodge.
Day 11: Tour Ends
After breakfast you will be transferred to the Victoria falls airport for your onward flight.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camp|
|Mana Pools||06||Ruckomechi Camp|
|Victoria Falls||01||Luxury Lodge|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 10 Nights accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– National Park Safari fees and activities as specified in the detailed itinerary.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.