The Zambezi Valley tour starts from and ends in Lusaka. The Zambezi Valley tour is a wildlife trip that takes 8 days taking you through Lusaka, Zambezi National Park, Zambezi River and Lusaka in Zambia and Tanzania. This is a guided small group tour that includes accommodation, transport, meals and others.
Day 01: Arrive Lusaka; transfer to the Zambezi River.
After the arrival in the early afternoon, we transfer to the Zambezi River. Most of this road transfer to the start of the safari is on tar road with the last section of the journey being along a bush dirt track making a change to a 4WD vehicle is necessary. Depending on the time we arrive at the Zambezi River we will cross over to our evening campsite on Nyamumba island by canoe or motor boat . Overnight in camp.
Day 02-04: Nyamumba island
Three days canoeing and wildlife watching on the Zambezi River, camping on remote islands. We have three days canoeing with early starts as it is often better to canoe in the early hours when it is not so hot, and more importantly, when the easterly head wind is at its weakest. The pace is gentle to allow us to make the most of wildlife viewing opportunities. We look out for elephant feeding on the banks, basking crocodiles and numerous colourful bird species including the magnificent African Fish eagle. The list of species we spot may include buffalo, baboon, Vervet monkey, Pied kingfisher, Goliath heron, Carmine Bee eaters and maybe even lion! We will frequently pass pods of hippo basking in the deeper water who will no doubt be keeping an eye on us! There are few signs of human habitation throughout our time on the river. Lunches and breakfasts are either taken on islands or on the banks of the river. Accommodation: Overnight in camp.
Day 05: Nyamumba island – Chiawa
Morning canoeing; afternoon game walk and drive in Game Management Area. We canoe to the Chiawa Game Management Area, which is situated 18 kms from the Lower Zambezi National Park just opposite the Mana Pools, where we spend the night in our fly camp based on mainland. This is an area rich in wildlife and is renowned for the numerous elephant sightings. It is also home to warthog, waterbuck, impala, kudu, and rare Samango monkeys, with many riverene bird species including the Lilac-breasted roller. We have an afternoon game walk or game drive through the reserve where we hope to spot other nocturnal species such as genet, civet, hyena, porcupine, aardvark and if really lucky, the elusive leopard. Accommodation:
Day 06: Canoe to Lower Zambezi National Park
Morning game walk; afternoon game drive back to camp. Today we canoe from the Chiawa Game Management Area into the Lower Zambezi National Park (approximately 8km downstream). We have a morning game walk with a guide, and then have lunch in the park under the shade of the trees or on the banks of the Zambezi River. After lunch we will be taken on a game drive through the park back to our fly camp on the banks of the river in Game Management Area. If river water levels are too high in the winter months (May – July), due to excess water being released from Lake Kariba, we may use a boat transfer as certain road crossing may be flooded. Accommodation: Overnight in camp.
Day 07: Transfer to our riverside camp.
We are transferred by road from our bush camp in the Game Management Area to Zambezi Breezes today. Should river conditions necessitate we may use a boat transfer back to Zambezi Breezes where required.Accommodation.
Day 08: Transfer to Lusaka; end.
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|City||Night (s)||Hotel / Camp|
|Lower Zambezi||02||Zambezi Breezes|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees / All safari activities as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.