Discover the Argentinian Patagonia on this exciting 6-day journey. Take in the awe-inspiring nature and rich wildlife of Patagonia as you walk along the coast of Beagle Channel. Set sail in the waters of River Lapataia and enjoy meals in the amazing surroundings of Lake Roca.
The trip starts in Ushuaia and ends in the lap of El Calafate, a small town located at the edge of the Patagonian steppe and lakeshore. Explore Los Glaciares National Park, where you will be able to witness some of Patagonia’s most important sites, such as the Perito Moreno and Upsala glaciers, and Cerro Fitz Roy.
Day 01: Ushuaia, Patagonia
Arrive in Ushuaia, the end of the world, and then transfer to your hotel.
Day 02: Trek and canoe in Tierra del Fuego National Park
You will be collected at your hotel (shared service) and brought to the Tierra del Fuego National Park. Once in Ensenada Bay, you’ll have time to enjoy the view over the Beagle Channel before starting the walk along the coast.
This six-kilometre route allows you to observe the flora and wildlife as well as discovering traces of the area’s ancient indigenous people, the Yamana. After 3 hours you will arrive at Lake Roca, where lunch will be served.
After a picnic, there is a canoe trip down the river Lapataia, which will take you to Lapataia in the Beagle Channel where the Panamerican Highway and the National Highway No. 3 end.
Day 03: Navigating the Beagle Channel
After breakfast, make your way to the tourist wharf where you will board a boat to sail through the Beagle Channel. The tour offers panoramic views of the city of Ushuaia, and of the diverse marine fauna, such as cormorants and sea lions and the islands of Lobo and De Los Pajaros.
If the winds permit, land on one of the island’s bridges, where you can see the remains of giant shells and enjoy views of Chile and Argentina.
Next, you can explore Les Eclaireurs, known as the “Lighthouse at the end of the world”.
Day 04: Ushuaia – El Calafate
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Calafate.
Arrive at Calafate, the capital of the glaciers and gateway to the Perito Moreno Glacier.
Upon arrival you will be taken to the hotel and have the rest of the day to relax or explore the city. You could also walk to Laguna Nimez in time for the beautiful Patagonian sunset.
Day 05: Perito Moreno Glacier
After breakfast you will start the full day excursion to Perito Moreno. In Glacier National Park, you will take the route along Lake Argentino where, 80km from El Calafate, the Perito Moreno is revealed by its 70m high walls of ice. Numerous walkways leading to the front of the glacier (there are approximately 5 km gateways) offer both a visual and audio experience, with each different view soundtracked by the constant ruptures and echoes of the iceberg. The tour also includes a short boat trip past the glacier.
You will return to the hotel in the evening.
Day 06: El Calafate, Patagonia
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport or bus terminal in time for your departure.
|Ushuaia||03||Arakur Ushuaia Resort & Spa|
|El Calafate||02||Posada Los Alamos|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 05 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees / National Parks as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.