We have created a unique 13 day self-drive tour itinerary which combines visits to sites with rich history included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, Delphi, Meteora & Olympia and visits to places with unforgettable scenic beauty such as Syvota and Parga, with their turquoise-colored waters, and the islands of Lefkada, Kefalonia and Zakynthos with strings of sandy, long beaches and picturesque, mountainous villages.
Jump in your car and explore Central & Western Greece in a unique self-drive road trip. Our professional staff will assist you creating a perfect itinerary with safe road trip routes and lots of tips that will create an unforgettable itinerary. Hire a car and get ready for a “talk-of-the-town”, self-drive, vacation package that will make you come back to Greece, again and again. Book the self-drive tour of your dreams!
Day 01: Arrival Day
Meet & Greet at Athens airport and offer you a complimentary transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Athens
Day 02: Athens – Delphi – Meteora
Our staff will meet you at your hotel or at Athens Int’l Airport and will finalize all paperwork with the car rental. The next step is to turn on the engine and start your self-drive holidays in Greece. First, you will head for Delphi, where you can visit the site and the museum! Your itinerary will then continue to Kalambaka, a small traditional town built at the foot of the majestic rocky formation called Meteora (“suspended rocks”). Overnight in Meteora.
Day 03: Meteora – Ioannina – Syvota – Parga
After enjoying breakfast at your hotel, start the next day of your road trip. Today, you will drive to the city of Ioannina, famous for its Ottoman-era castle and its lake. A visit to the “islet of Ali-Pasha” by boat will add further to your digital photo album! Parga and Syvota are two places worth to visit in the area. Parga is known for its numerous beaches and its crystal-clear water and Syvota is a picturesque village with breathtaking sea views, no wonder why it is dubbed as the “Caribbean of Greece”. Overnight in the area.
Day 04: Parga – Lefkada
The itinerary continues to the green island of Lefkada, which is accessible by car (no ferry crossing is required) making it an ideal destination for road-trippers! Follow the national road, running the western coast of Greece and through the cities of Preveza and Aktio you will reach Zakynthos island. After settling yourself at the hotel, you will have free time at leisure to explore the capital city of Lefkada with its narrow streets and the unforgettable sunset from the small wooden bridge at the port. It is a picture that will mark your vacations in Greece! Overnight in Lefkada.
Day 05: Lefkada
Get on your car and drive the hidden beauties of Lefkada. Enjoy swimming at one of the famous Lefkadian beaches, such as Porto Katsiki, Kathisma or Eggremnoi (consedired to be among the best beaches in the Mediterranean sea), pay a visit to Nydri village (a fisherman village that became famous after the Greek tycoon Aristotelis Onassis bought “Skorpios” islet, off the coast of Nydri) or even visit the picturesque, mountainous villages of Karya and Eglouvi. Overnight in Lefkada.
Day 06: Lefkada – Kefallonia
Your self-drive itinerary continues with a drive to Vassiliki port to get on the ferry to Kefalonia. After about an hour and a half you will arrive at the port of Poros. You will have 2 days to explore the beauties o the island. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, enjoying the services of your hotel or exploring the capital city of Argostoli. Overnight in Kefalonia.
Day 07: Kefallonia
Today, we suggest a scenic road trip around the island, including a visit to the Lake of Melissani, a cave of unique beauty which is also a unique geological phenomenon. Do not miss also the Drogarati Cave, aging almost 150 million years old. Take a photo stop above Myrtos beach, one of the most beautiful and dramatic beaches in Greece. Drive through the isthmus and join the north east coast road to Village of Fiscardo, a beautiful and cosmopolitan town with Venetian houses to be situated around a beautiful harbor. Overnight in Kefalonia.
Day 08: Kefallonia – Zakynthos
The next destination of your road trip is the island of Zakynthos, an island ideal for family holidays!! Start your engine and drive to Pessada port where you will catch the ferry to Zakynthos (or Zante) island. The ferry ride lasts about one hour and a half and you will dock at the port of Agios Nikolaos. From here, you will drive to your hotel and the rest of the day will be at leisure, exploring the beauties of the capital city of Zakynthos. Overnight in Zakynthos.
Day 09: Zakynthos
You will have the whole day at leisure to tour the islands’ numerous scenic beauties. Visit Alykes, where you can see the salt marshes and admire the view to the north western part of the island and Volimes, one of the oldest villages on the island. Do not miss “Navagio” beach, the most famous beach of Greece! You will admire the view from the top of a cliff above the bay. A visit to the gulf of Laganas is also a must. The gulf area is frequently called “The Turtle Island” as it is full of turtles swimming in the seawater. The Turtles are huge but so friendly. Maybe you will be lucky and see some of them!! Overnight in Zakynthos.
Day 10: Zakynthos – Kyllini – Olympia
Continue your road trip itinerary, proceeding to the port of Zakynthos to take the ferry to Kyllini and from there, Olympia is an approximate 1-hour drive away. After checking in at hotel, you will spend the rest of the day at leisure, exploring the nearby villages through scenic, mountainous routes or enjoy swimming at one of the nearby beaches. Overnight in Olympia.
Day 11: Olympia – Athens
In the morning we suggest you to visit Olympia site (where the first Olympic Games were held in 776 B.C) and the nearby music and then, get on your car and continue your road itinerary to central Peloponnese and finally to Athens. During your self-drive road trip, enjoy unforgettable sceneries on the way, traditional villages, nested high in the mountains, visit Nafplio town, a cosmopolitan town served as first capital of the modern Greek State and make a photo stop at the Corinth Canal (until 2004, the only passage from Peloponnese to mainland Greece). Arrive at Athens and settle in at hotel. Overnight in Athens.
Day 12: Athens & Cape Sounio Sightseeing
In the last day of your trip we suggest you a city tour, admiring among others the Parliament, the University, the Library, the Presidential Residence (Ex-King Residence) with the traditional presidential Guards, the Panathinaic Stadium (where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896), the Temple of Zeus and of course Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. After lunch, you may drive to Cape Sounio to visit the Temple of Poseidon. Its remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea and offers incredible sea views. In the afternoon you will return to Athens, full of memories from a unique self-drive, vacation package. Overnight in Athens
Day 13: Departure Day
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Athens||01||Divani Palace Acropolis|
|Meteora||01||Divani Meteora Hotel|
|Lefkada||02||Hotel Boschetto, Lefkada|
|Zakynthos||02||Bozonos Luxury Villas & Spa|
|Olympia||01||Hotel Europa Olympia|
|Athens||02||Divani Palace Acropolis|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 12 Nights accommodation hotel.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Morning half day sightseeing tour of Athens including Acropolis
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.