Trails Of The Swiss Alps is a guided trekking tour that takes 8 days. You will travel through Daubensee, Kandersteg and Blausee in Switzerland.
Located in the heart of the Bernese Oberland, where the great arc of the Alps culminates in some of its highest and most spectacular peaks, Kandersteg is a walker’s paradise. This area epitomises the ‘chocolate-box’ Alps: lush green meadows bright with wildflowers, against a backdrop of rugged, wild mountains, topped with glistening glaciers.
Day 01: Arrive Zurich airport / Start Kandersteg
Your holiday begins at the hotel in Kandersteg. You should aim to arrive late morning to early afternoon at airport. Overnight at Kandersteg.
Day 02: Kandersteg
Walk along the Kandertal Valley and the Lotschberger trail.
On our first day of walking we will visit the Kandersteg valley and the famous Lotschberger train line which is an important feature of the area. We wander through woods and paths towards the small village of Kandergrund. Afternoon we continue the walk towards Frutigen.
Day 03: Kandersteg
Ride on the Sunnbüel cable car to the start of the walk. Cross the cantonal border into the Valais; hike to the northern end of the Daubensee.
In the morning we take ride on the Sunnbüel cable car to the start of the walk. We then cross the cantonal border into the Valais and walk to the Schwarenbach Hotel, where even Lenin and Picasso have signed the visitors’ book! From here we walk to the northern end of the Daubensee (sometimes still partially frozen) to the famous high Gemmi Pass (2322m), a major transalpine route first used by the Celts. The extraordinary panorama of the Valais Alps to the south includes the Matterhorn (4478m) and Monte Rosa on the Italian border.
Day 04: Kandersteg
Short ride on the Oeschinensee cable car followed by a circular walk to the Heuberg viewpoint.
Widely regarded as the jewel in the crown of the Bernese Oberland, Oeschinensee is, in our view, the most beautiful Alpine lake in Switzerland. After a short ride up on the cable car, we climb to the viewpoint at Heuberg. Nothing can prepare us for the cobalt blue of the water surrounded by the razor-edged peaks of the Doldenhorn (3638m), towering 2000m above it, and striped by dainty waterfalls trickling down from the Frunden glacier.
Day 05: Kandersteg – Free day
Optional activities include rowing on the Oeschinensee or a visit to the lakes near Interlaken.
Day 06: Kandersteg
Ride on the Allmenalp cable car followed by a walk along the paths into the Ueschinen valley; descend to Kandersteg.
It’s a gentle start today with a spectacular cable car ride to ascend to the Allmenalp (1725m), a colourful meadow brimming with rural mountain charm. There are stunning views across the valley to the Oeschinensee with its magnificent turquoise-coloured waters and towering cliffs adorned with waterfalls. From the summit the 360° view is nothing less than spectacular, with 12 mountain peaks above 3000m in close proximity, and occasionally eagles frequent the adjoining peaks. We might even get a chance to stop at a local alpine chalet to have a drink and taste their cheese!
Day 07: Kandersteg
Walk through the Gasterntal Valley to the Kanderfirn Glacier
This is a day full of thrilling experiences, starting with an exciting 20 minute minibus ride along a narrow road literally carved out of the rock wall. The Gasterntal is Kandersteg’s ‘hidden valley’, dozens of snow-fed waterfalls thundering down the sheer rock faces carved out by a gigantic glacier 10,000 years ago. From this romantic nature reserve, and with the mighty rock walls of the Tatlishorn and Atels towering up on the right, we meander through woods and open meadows; look out for lady slippers, fire lilies and more than 25 varieties of orchid before we return to the hotel.
Day 08: Kandersteg / Zurich airport.
End Kandersteg. Transfer to Zurich airport for flight back to home.
|Kandersteg||07||Belle Epoque Hotel Victoria|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.