We suggests you to get acquainted with the flora and fauna of Armenia via hiking tours in Armenia. During these tours in Armenian mountains you will familiarize with natural and historical treasures of Armenia, will walk in Gegham mountains and will climb the highest mountain in Armenia, Aragats.
Day 01: Arrival – Yerevan city tour
Transfer from the airport to the hotel. Breakfast in the hotel. City tour in the capital of Armenia, Yerevan. During the tour you will get acquainted with the main streets and the main buildings of the city, will visit the depository of manuscripts, Matenadaran, where 18 000 masterpieces are kept. Those masterpieces are included into the List of UNESCO Heritage. We will look at the city and at the mount Ararat from Cascade, will visit Genocide memorial complex, Tsitsernakaberd.
Walking 1-2 hours.
Day 02: Yerevan – Mount Aragats (South summit) – Yerevan
Today we will climb the highest mountain in Armenia, Aragats. Its northern summit, at 4,090 m (13,420 ft) above sea level. It has four summits, which are named according to their relative geographic position: Northern—4,090 m (13,420 ft), Western—3,995 m (13,107 ft), Eastern—3,908 m (12,822 ft), Southern—3,888 m (12,756 ft). Today we will climb the South summit. We will take our way to the summit from lake Kari.
Day 03: Yerevan – Tsaghkashen – Lake Akna
After the breakfast we will take our way to village Tsaghkashen. We will start our hiking tour from here to lake Akna. The Akna is a crater lake located in the Gegham mountains. The surface elevation of the lake is 3030m (9,948 ft).
Overnight: Lake Akna (camping)
Day 04: Lake Akna – Mount Azhdahak
Early in the morning, after the breakfast, we will start our hiking tour to the highest point n Gegham mountains, mount Azhdahak. It is a volcano with a lake in the crater, that is formed from melting snow. Azhdahak has an elevation of 3,597 m above sea. From the top of the mountain opens pictorial landscape of mountains Ararat, Hatis, Ara, Aragats, Lake Sevan, the whole Gegham mountains and Kotayk valley.
Day 05: Mount Azhdahak – Lake Vanki
Today our hiking tour will be from mount Azhdahak to lake Vanki. On the way we will see ancient vishapakars (dragon stones), which are characteristic menhirs found in large quantities in Armenia. They are commonly carved into cigar-like shapes with fish heads or serpents. Vishaps were believed to be spiritual creatures or souls of water.
Day 06: Lake Vanki – Garni – Geghard – Yerevan
After the breakfast we will have a hiking tour to Geghard monastery (13th century). The monastery is carved out of the adjacent mountain and initially called Ayrivank (the Monastery of the Cave ) is included in the World Heritage Site. Due to the fact that the famous spear, with which the Roman soldier wounded Jesus, was kept here for 500 years, the monastery was called Geghardavank (the Monastery of the Spear). Then we will visit Garni, the only pagan temple left in our territory. During our tour we will see how Armenian national bread, lavash, is being baked. Back to Yerevan.
Walking 4 hours.
Day 07: Departure
Transfer to the airport.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Yerevan||02||Radisson Blu Hotel, Yerevan|
|Yerevan||01||Radisson Blu Hotel, Yerevan|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide.
– Service of the mount instructor.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.