Take a step back in time during this six-day tour through the splendid Mediterranean country of Tunisia. Visit impeccable Roman ruins, charming seaside villages, important Islamic monuments and distant desert escapes. The country’s history is sure to impress, and the heritage of its past is as alive as ever. With the country’s impressive infrastructure and modern hotels, your stay here will offer you the comforts of home.
Day 01: Arrival Tunis – Hammamet
Arrive at Tunis–Carthage Airport, where your professional guide and driver will greet you and direct you to the transfer to Hammamet, one of the main coastal cities of this beautiful country. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure, relaxing in the hotel or exploring the beautiful surroundings in Yasmine Hammamet. End the day with dinner at your hotel. Overnight in Hammamet.
Day 02: Hammamet – Kairouan – Tozeur
Begin your day with breakfast at the hotel and a transfer to Kairouan. Upon arrival at the holy city, take a walking tour with your guide through the old Medina. Visit the Great Mosque of Kairouan, located in the middle of the Medina and built by the Arab general Uqba Ibn Nafi in 670 AD. The site attracts thousands of local and international visitors for its magnificent architectural and spiritual value. Then visit the impressive ancient engineering site of the Aghlabid basins, where two large water basins and a few cisterns have survived the passing of the centuries as they helped conserve and distribute decades of scarce drinking water resources. Lunch is included and will be in Kairouan. Then head down south to Tozeur and enjoy the evening at your hotel. Overnight in Tozeur.
Day 03: Tozeur – Chott Djerid – Douz
Start with breakfast at your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, relaxing, exploring the surroundings on your own, or joining an optional tour. Lunch is included. Then, back in Tozeur, drive through the biggest salt lake in the country, Chott el Djerid, admiring the outstanding never-ending view of white and pink mirages, also used as a filming site for Star Wars. On your arrival to Douz, the ‘gateway to the Sahara’, enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Douz.
Day 04: Douz – Matmata – El Djem – Sousse
Have a tasty breakfast at the hotel and head towards the old village of Matmata. The area contains one of the best-preserved, still inhabited troglodyte houses, carved by Tunisian Berbers in the middle of the surrounding earth. A filming site of the Star Wars movie is also open for visitors in Matmata. The next stop is at the village of El Djem, home of the Roman amphitheatre of El Djem, the third largest Roman amphitheatre in the world, built around 18 centuries ago, and exceptionally well-preserved up to this day. The site was mainly used for spectator events, namely gladiator battles. After a local lunch in El Djem, continue to the Mediterranean town of Sousse for your last night in the country. Overnight in Sousse.
Day 05: Sousse – Tunis
After breakfast, your guide will accompany you to the beautiful Port El Kantaoui harbour for a quick visit before you head back to Sidi Bousaid, in the capital of Tunis. This charming village is known for its indigo blue windows and doors and white walls. At an altitude of over 100 metres, it features dazzling views over the Mediterranean Sea. Your next stop is the neighbouring archaeological site of Carthage, located on a magnificent coastline. Although the ancient city was destroyed by the Romans, this UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site features excavations of homes, baths and sewage systems. The other significant site in the area is the Carthage amphitheatre, built towards the first century AD and later rebuilt by the Romans. The theatre today hosts some 30,000 visitors at the yearly International Music Festival of Carthage. After a tasty lunch, head towards downtown Tunis to visit the Bardo National Museum, located in an old Beylical castle in the middle of the old city of Tunis, and renowned for its rich collection of mosaics. Continue with a visit and free time in the ancient Medina of Tunis before you head to the Hammamet area to check in to your hotel. Overnight in Tunis.
Day 06: Departure Tunis
Begin your last day with one last breakfast at the hotel then, depending on your flight time transferring to the airport.
|Hammamet||01||TUI Sensimar Palace Oceana|
|Tozeur||01||Palm Beach Palace Tozeur|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 05 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.