Take a step back in time during this eight-day tour through the splendid Mediterranean country of Tunisia. Visit impeccable Roman ruins, charming seaside villages, important Islamic monuments and distant desert escapes. The country’s history is sure to impress and the heritage of its past is as alive now as ever. With the country’s impressive infrastructure and modern hotels, your stay here will lack none of the comforts of home.
Day 01: Arrival Tunis
Arrive at Tunis–Carthage Airport, where our representative and driver will assist and transfer you directly to the hotel in Tunis, the capital city of this beautiful country and its greatest metropolitan area. Enjoy the remainder of the day at leisure, relaxing or exploring the beautiful surroundings. In the evening indulge in a delicious dinner. Overnight in Tunis.
Day 02: Tunis – Sidi Bou Said – Carthage – Hammamet
Begin your day with breakfast at the hotel and a transfer to the picturesque Sidi Bou. This charming village is known for its indigo blue windows and doors, white walls and, set at an altitude of over 100 metres high, it features dazzling views over the Mediterranean Sea. Your next stop is at the neighbouring archaeological site of Carthage, located on a magnificent coastline. Although the ancient city was destroyed by the Romans, this UNESCO World Heritage Site features excavations of homes, baths and sewage systems. The other significant site in the area is the Carthage amphitheatre, built towards the first century AD and later rebuilt by the Romans. The theatre today hosts some 30,000 visitors at the yearly International Music Festival of Carthage. After a tasty lunch, head towards downtown Tunis to visit the Bardo National Museum, located in an old Beylical castle in the middle of the old city of Tunis, and renowned for its rich collection of mosaics. Continue with a visit and free time in the ancient Medina of Tunis before you head to the Hammamet area to check in to your hotel. Lunch and dinner is included. Overnight in Hammamet area
Day 03: Hammamet – Dougga – Kairaoun
Have a delicious breakfast at the hotel before you head towards another one of Tunisia’s rich archaeological sites. Dougga is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, awarded for containing the best-preserved small Roman town in North Africa. The site contains the heritage of a variety of civilisations, such as Roman, Punic and Byzantine. Its most significant monuments are the exquisite Roman Capitol and Theatre. After a local lunch, transfer to Kairouan, the ‘capital of Islam’ in Tunisia. On arrival, check in to your hotel. Lunch and dinner is included. Overnight in Kairouan
Day 04: Kairaoun – Tozeur
After breakfast, take a walking tour with your guide through the old Medina of Kairouan. Visit the Great Mosque of Kairouan, located in the middle of the Medina and built by the Arab general Uqba Ibn Nafi in 670 AD. The site attracts thousands of local and international visitors for its magnificent architectural and spiritual value. Then visit the impressive ancient engineering site of the Aghlabid basins, where two large water basins and a few cisterns have survived the passing of centuries as they helped conserve and distribute decades of scarce drinking water resources. After lunch, head south via Gafsa to arrive at Tozeur, the city of palm trees. Lunch and dinner is included. Overnight in Tozeur
Day 05: Tozeur
Start with a delectable breakfast at your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, relaxing, exploring the surroundings on your own, or joining an optional tour. Lunch and dinner is included. Overnight in Tozeur
Day 06: Tozeur – Chott el Djerid – Douz
After breakfast, on the way out of Tozeur, visit the centre of this small town and spot the intricate architectural designs on the façades of the houses. Then drive through the biggest salt lake in the country, Chott el Djerid, admiring the outstanding never-ending view of white and pink mirages, also used as a filming site for Star Wars. On your arrival to Douz, the ‘gateway to the Sahara’, indulge in a delicious lunch and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Lunch and dinner is included. Overnight in Douz
Day 07: Douz – Matmata – Sousse
Have a tasty breakfast at the hotel and head towards the old village of Matmata. The area contains one of the best preserved, still inhabited troglodyte houses, carved by Tunisian Berbers in the middle of the surrounding earth. A filming site of the Star Wars movie is also open for visitors in Matmata. The next stop is at the village of El Djem, home of the Roman amphitheatre of El Djem, the third largest Roman amphitheatre in the world, built around 18 centuries ago, and exceptionally well-preserved up to this day. The site was mainly used for spectator events, namely gladiator battles. After a local lunch in El Djem, continue to the Mediterranean town of Sousse for your last night in the country. Lunch and dinner is included. Overnight in Sousse
Day 08: Departure Sousse
Begin your last day with a delightful breakfast at the hotel. Then transferring to the airport for flight back to home.
|Hammamet||01||TUI Sensimar Palace Oceana|
|Tozeur||02||Palm Beach Palace Tozeur|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.