Start and end in Dushanbe! With the In-depth Cultural tour Ultimate Tajikistan Tour: A Private Adventure, you have a 10 days tour package taking you through Dushanbe, Tajikistan and 2 other destinations in Tajikistan. Ultimate Tajikistan Tour.
Day 01: Arrive Dushanbe
Arrive in Dushanbe and transfer to your hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Dushanbe National Museum, Navruz Palace, Hissar Fortress
Whole day city tour in Dushanbe: visit to the National Archaeological Museum of Tajikistan with the famous Buddha statue. Our next stop is the Navruz Palace. Initially this building was supposed to become the largest teahouse in the world. However, during construction, which involved hundreds of artisans from all over the country, the interior became so impressive that it was decided that it was going to become a palace instead of a teahouse. Most of its rooms are now used only for official government meetings with guests from abroad or for international conferences. Afternoon drive out of the city to visit to Hissar Fortress (25 km), the Madrassah Museum. Many centuries ago there were a noisy market and caravanserai. Drive back to Dushanbe. Dinner at local city restaurant. Overnight in Dushanbe.
Day 03. Dushanbe – Yaghnobi – Iskanderkul (3-4 hours)
After breakfast, we drive to Yaghnobi. The valley is formed by the Yaghnobi River and belongs to the Zarafshan basin. It lies between 2,500 and 3,000 meters above sea level and is virtually inaccessible for six months of the year. The Yaghnobi Valley faced major challenges in the 1970s, when its entire population was forcibly removed and resettled in the Zafarabad region during the soviet time. However, the links to the valley were not entirely destroyed, as some Yaghnobi farmers continued to graze their herds in the valley and maintained the cemeteries and sacred places. Overnight in Iskaderkul.
Day 04. Iskanderkul – Dushanbe (130 km/3 hrs.)
Iskanderkul Lake, known as a lake of Alexander the Great which was established in 1969. The area of the lake is 30000 ha. According to the legend, the Iskanderkul Lake was named after Alexander the Great, known as Iskander in the East. People say that Alexander the Great’s path to Central Asia from India laid through this lake. Lunch at traditional homestay “Dilovar”. Exploration the surroundings of the lake: five springs, Zmeinoe Lake (Snake lake), walking to 38m high waterfall which is called “Fan Niagara“ Return to Dushanbe in the afternoon. Overnight in Dushanbe.
Day 05. Dushanbe – Kalaikhum (380 km/7-8 hrs).
Departure to Pamirs on Highway M41. Via Tawildara (280km) and Khaburabad pass (3252m) (or via Kulyab region). We can see more conservative attitudes of this region in local dressing style and beards, but the hospitality is just as welcoming. We pass over Khaburabad Mountain Pass to Kalaikhum and the scenery and the people change again. The people here are Badakhshanis with their own languages. There are seven different languages used in Tajik Pamirs. Kalaikhum sits on the Panj River, a major tributary of the famous Amu Darya (Oxus) River. Overnight in Kalaikhum.
Day 06. Kalaikhum – Khorog (255 km/6-7 hrs).
The road will follow near Panj River, a tributary of the mighty Amu Darya (the famous River Oxus). During this entire trip, we will see Afghanistan from right side across the river, where the big difference of lifestyle of Afghan and Tajik Pamirs is visible. We will see the effort of the Afghanis to have their first highway that is built with no machinery. Khorog is the administrative centre of the Pamir region, dramatically set deep in the valley at the confluence of the Panj and Ghunt rivers and boxed in by the mountain peaks. Overnight in Khorog.
Day 07. Khorog Ethnographical Museum
Today we will explore Khorog which is the administrative center of the Pamir Region, dramatically set deep in the valley at the confluence of the Panj and Gunt Rivers and boxed in by the mountain peaks. There are a number of places which we will visit, from the Ethnographical Museum to the surprisingly well stocked Botanical Garden (one of the highest in the world). Also, we will visit the UCA old and new campuses and local Jamaatkhana. Overnight inKhorog.
Day 8. Khorog – Kalaikhum (255 km/6-7 hrs).
Visit to the botanical garden and further transfer to the town of Kalaihum. Lunch on the way; dinner and overnight at guest house. You may notice more conservative attitudes of local dressing style and beards, but the hospitality is just as welcoming. Overnight in Kalaikhum.
Day 9. Kalaikhum – Dushanbe (280 km/7-8 hrs)
After breakfast we drive toward Dushanbe via Khobu-Robot pass (3252 m). You ‘ll take the route in middle of the high Badagshon Mountains range. It’s gonna be accessible to see the most beautiful views on the way. Dinner at the oriental tearoom. Overnight in Dushanbe.
Day 10. Depart Dushanbe
Transfer to the airport of Dushanbe for your international flight.
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 09 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.