The trip Walking In The Austrian Tyrol starts and ends in Achenkirch. It is a walking trip that takes 8 days taking you through Falkenmoosalm, Hochiss and Achenkirch in Austria. Walking In The Austrian Tyrol is a guided small group trip that includes accommodation in hotels, transport, meals and others.
Day 01: Start Achenkirch.
Start Achenkirch. In the evening the representative will hold a welcome meeting to discuss the week ahead and give advice on the local area.
Day 02: Achenkirch to Moosenalm circuit (1530m); descend to hotel.
Walking from the hotel, we pass through the village then start on a gently climbing forest road before a steeper path up through beautiful woods to reach the Moosenalm, a high pasture with wonderful views. We then contour round to the Christlum ski area looking down to Achenkirch & the lake before descending down and back to our hotel.
13km, 600m ascent and descent. Max altitude 1530m
Day 03: Bus and cable car to start the ascent to Barenkopf (1991m)
Bus and cable car to start the ascent to Barenkopf (1991m); descent to the Weißenbachsattel (1695m) before we walk back to Zwolferkopf and take the cable car back.
We take a short bus journey to Pertisau and then the Karwendel cable car to start our walk to Zwolferkops before ascending the Barenkopf (1991m). We descend on a different path via the Barenbaldalm where we stop for coffee & cake before descending by cable car to Pertisau and taking the ferry back to Achenkirch.
9km, 600m ascent and descent. Max altitude 1991m
Day 04: Summit of the Rofanspitze (2258m)
Today we take a short bus journey to Maurach and then the Rofanlift cable car for a memorable ascent of the Rofanspitze (2258m), where we have a picnic lunch with panoramic views. We retrace our steps to the Rofanlift, before catching the steam train and ferry back to Achenkirch.
8Km: 430m ascent and descent: max altitude 2258m
Day 05: A free day to relax.
Day 06: A free day to relax.
Day 07: Walk over the Pasillsattel pass (1680m).
We take the bus to Pertisau and walk up the Gerntal valley before taking a steep footpath up to the Pasillsattel, with amazing views behind us. We cross behind the impressive peaks of Seebergspitze and Seekarspitze, stopping for refreshments at a rustic alm before our descent back to Achenkirch.
15km, 820m ascent and descent, max altitude 1680m.
Day 08: Head to the Rofan mountain range
Head to the Rofan mountain range, walk the Enzianweg path to Steineres Tor; descend to lake; ferry back.
Today we take the bus to Maurach and then the cable car to the heart of the magnificent Rofan mountain range. Here we take the delightful Enzianweg path, stopping at the Dalfazalm for coffee & cake, before climbing steadily to a col at Steineres Tor (1978m).
A long descent through a wild valley, via the Köglalm and down through the woods finishing right outside the hotel.
15Km; 300m ascent; 1150m descent; max altitude 1978m
Day 09: End Achenkirch.
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 08 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance Fee
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.