This tour is for those who want to leave daily life behind and rush out for an adventure. Bamboo grows all around in Bangladesh; fortunately it is a multi-purpose product and very useful for the nation. Bengali people use it wherever it comes to handy (to make houses, rickshaws, and scaffolding for high-rise buildings. Tour will focus on the north-eastern part of the country. You will take part as the bamboo is cut from the hilltop It slips down from the sloping hills, and is tied together with hundreds more bamboo poles into a raft. It can then cruise for days to reach the nearest markets.
Day 01: Arrive Dhaka
At Bangladesh’s airport meet and greet your appointed guide and drive to your hotel. After freshening up, set out for Dhaka sightseeing including Dhaka university, Dhakeshwari Temple, Lallbag Fort, Sadarghat Water Front, and Shakari Bazar, with lots more too. Drive back to your hotel and stay overnight.
Day 02: Dhaka – Srimangal (182 Kms. / 4H 10M appx.)
Today will be a very exciting day. After breakfast head out to Srimangal. We will make some stops on the way. Meet up with the bamboo cutters to be shown the bamboo rafting process and mark some bamboo to cut the next morning. Enjoy a cup of tea and relax in your resort.
Day 03: Srimangal
After breakfast join the bamboo cutters and get involved in their daily activities by cutting bamboo. You then make a raft and ride it through the streams to the nearest market, where the bamboo is sold. You will be having meals with them. Take a good night’s rest and savour the memories of this day.
Day 04: Srimangal – Dhaka (182 Kms. / 4H 10M appx.)
After breakfast we start on our return to Dhaka. We will pause at the Lawachara rain forest, visit some tea estates and see some tribal villages near Srimangal town. After lunch in Srimangal, click your seat belt for Dhaka. Reaching Dhaka in the evening, there is time to relax before resting.
Day 05: Depart Dhaka
After breakfast transfer to airport where we say goodbye and wish you a safe flight home.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Srimangal||02||Grand Sultan Tea Resort|
– 04 nights accommodation as mentioned in the program.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Transportation by good conditioned mini van.
– Permission for the bamboo activities
– All entry fees to the sites and monasteries.
– Local English speaking guide.
– All taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.