Chile is a country filled with astounding landscapes, modern cities, charming towns, and friendly people. You will get a taste of all of these on this vacation package that starts in the capital, Santiago, includes seaside towns, a world famous winery, and ends with an Atacama Desert tour. Let yourself be swept away by the beauty and wonder of Chile on this trip.
Day 01: Arrival in Santiago: Sightseeing tour from San Cristobal Hill
This tour includes the main landmarks in Santiago, a city on the move, starting with the old residential and Universitario districts and then moving on to the historic city center and financial district, with stops at such important attractions as the La Moneda Palace and Main Square that is surrounded by lovely buildings. Next is the urban park, Parque Forestal, the confines of which hold the lovely Museum of Fine Arts building. Lastly, you will tour the Bellavista, the city’s Bohemian district. You will return to your hotel afterwards to spend the night.
Day 02: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar
Today begins one of the many day trips from Santiago planned for this package. You will leave the city early in the morning for the enchanting port city of Valparaiso, an UNESCO World Heritage Site, classified thusly due to its historical importance. The tour continues to Cerro Alegre and the museum “Al Cielo Abierto” (Open Sky Museum), whose walls and stairways have been painted by local artists. After that, you will depart Valparaiso and travel down the coast to Viña del Mar, enjoying the sights there. You will return your hotel in Santiago to spend the night.
Day 03: Half Day Wine tour
This Santiago wine tour takes you to the Concha y Toro winery, located in Pirque commune. This day is going to be an intense one, where you will enjoy the best wines this place has to offer and tour its wine cellar and renown vineyard. There will be time for sampling a glass of Terrunyo Sauvignon Blanc or Casillero del Diablo Carménère. You won’t leave the place until visiting the main attractions, like its old underground wine cellars, and without tasting its different varieties of grapes. Meanwhile, relax and sip a glass of Marqués de Casa Concha Merlot. Later on, after a day filled with pleasure, you will return to Santiago to spend the night.
Day 04: Arrival at San Pedro de Atacama – Valle de la Luna
You will leave Santiago for Atacama, arriving in time to visit the Cordillera de la Sal, a wonder of nature formed millions of years ago and filled with unusual shapes and glittery rock formations, natural sculptures, and a palette of colors generated from the minerals that form the rocks. Afterwards, it’s off to the Valle de la Luna, a natural sanctuary, rugged yet of great geographic beauty, especially at night fall when it takes on a rather lunar appearance. You will travel through different sectors and visit the Tres Marias (three Marias), a natural salt formation, a salt mine, caves, and a lookout. Last stop on the trip is the Duna Central, where you will experience nightfall in the Chilean desert. You will return to your hotel filled with the energy that only comes from an excursion like this.
Day 05: Town of Tocanao
You will visit the town of Tocanao, an oasis in the Atacama Desert, whose main claim to fame are the houses built from volcanic rock. Afterwards, you will venture into the Salar de Atacama, stretched over 400 km2 in the Los Flamencos National Reserve. It is Chile’s largest salt deposit and is fed by the waters from the San Pedro River and other smaller rivulets. It makes a perfect place for bird watching, like flamingos, that have made the salt flat their habitat. To end the journey, you will stay for nightfall, a spectacular experience that only the peace and quiet of the salt flat can offer. Afterwards, it’s back to your hotel in the middle of the desert.
Day 06: San Pedro de Atacama – Dawn at the Tatio Geyser Field
You will leave just before dawn so you can reach the highest peaks in the Andes and the Tatio geyser field, at an elevation of 4321 meters, for an extreme morning excursion. You will see a huge number of geysers and enormous steam plumes that can reach 6 meters. You will then eat breakfast to recharge the batteries and take off on a short hike through the area to look at its characteristic plants and animals. You will finally return to your hotel.
Day 07: Transfer to the Airport
At the appointed time, you will be transferred to the airport for your departing flight.
|Atacama||03||Hotel Puerto de Vega|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees activities as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.