Start and end in Vilnius! With the In-depth Cultural tour 7 Days Around Lithuania (Private Tour), you have a 7 days tour package taking you through Vilnius, Lithuania and 8 other destinations in Lithuania.
Day 01: Arrival to Vilnius
Let’s meet at airport & transfer to hotel. Arrive hotel a welcome drink and we will give you a short brief about your tour and Vilnius not forgetting to recommend some dinner places and directions for an evening stroll.
Overnight in Vilnius.
Day 02: Vilnius
After breakfast – morning sightseeing tour will introduce you to Vilnius. Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. Walking tour includes visiting the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, St. Anne’s Church, Old University, the Gates of Dawn, Uzupis district which is known as the independent republic of Vilnius city.
After the sightseeing, the guide will lead you to the famous and oldest Vilnius food market – Hales market where you will have an opportunity to meet local food producers and sellers, ask them questions and bring home the real flavour of Lithuania. You will visit 4 or 5 different places and try the best taste of Lithuanian handcrafted cheese, rustic meat products, bread and drinks. Keep in mind, all products are created according to authentic recipes and tastes cherished by Lithuanian farmers. An experience takes around 1-1,5 hours.
In the afternoon we will visit Trakai, our historical capital and will admire its medieval castle build on the island in the lake Galve. It is also the only historical national park in Europe. Trakai is definitely a must visit place for tasting our local specialty – Kibinai – brought to us centuries ago by Karaim people from Crimea. You can taste this delicious meal while visiting Trakai (OPTIONAL)
The day will end in Vilnius and you will have a delicious evening option: by tasting Lithuanian historical dinner (OPTIONAL) or by trying out the best Lithuanian beers (OPTIONAL).
Overnight in Vilnius.
Day 03: Vilnius / Kaunas
When nearing Kaunas we will make a stop in Rumsiskes village that has all authentic countryside region houses built in one place. It is one of the largest Europe’s open air museums where you will learn about authentic architecture and folk tradition of different Lithuanian regions between 18 and 20th centuries.
The rest of the day in Kaunas will reveal to us how it felt to be in independent Lithuania between two World Wars, and how this vibrant city lives today. Don’t miss the chance to explore European Capital of culture of 2022!
Overnight in Kaunas
Day 04: Kaunas
Drive a beautiful road by the river Nemunas that has a lot of castles and stop in Panemune Castle on the way. Following the biggest Lithuanian river Nemunas you will pass by it’s remote villages and towns which lay between the many rivers and channels. On this day you will also visit a fascinating 3 km long walking trail in the Aukstumala bog (it the weather conditions allow). In the late afternoon you will arrive to Rusne, the biggest island of Lithuania where you will be welcomed by our lovely local host with a hearty homemade dinner. Enjoy the evening at the homestead or go explore the tiny town of Rusne. For the perfect end of the day, enjoy local’s beloved hot sauna experience (OPTIONAL).
Overnight in Rusne cottage. Please note, that in a cottage the bathroom may be shared between a few rooms.
Day 05: Kaunas / Klaipeda
This day we will move along the Curonian lagoon exploring further it’s tiny villages and sights. In the morning you will find yourself in the bird watchers paradise – Vente horn ornithology station where thousands of birds pass every day on their way to Southern Hemisphere. Later in the day prepare for picturesque sand dunes, forests and tiny resort towns that used to be fishermen villages as we will explore the narrow Curonian spit peninsula on the other side of the lagoon. We will show you the full authenticity of this tiny, yet our favorite place of the land. We will make sure you will taste local smoked fish (OPTIONAL). And to make your trip more memorable – take some photos from breathtaking Parnidis dune before getting back to Klaipeda for the evening.
Overnight in Klaipeda.
Day 06: Klaipeda / Vilnius
We are heading back to Vilnius, but on this long drive there will be few hours in Palanga – our biggest summer resort on the Baltic sea coast that was popular in the 19th century among our nobles who were enjoying their time here. Expect to know more about amber also known as our gold in the biggest in the world Amber Museum. On our way to Vilnius will stop at the Hill of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. The exact number of crosses is unknown, but estimates put it at about 100.000. Evening in Vilnius, which you already know.
Overnight in Vilnius
Day 07: Depart Vilnius
This is a day to say “Good bye” and “See you next time” afterwards we drive You to the airport.
|Vilnius||02||Radisson Blu Royal Astorija|
|Kaunas||02||Radisson Hotel Kaunas|
|Klaipeda||01||Michaelson Boutique Hotel|
|Vilnius||01||Radisson Blu Royal Astorija|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 06 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
– Walking trail in the swamp (subject to availability due to weather conditions)
– Bird ringing station in Vente
– Entrance tickets: Trakai castle, Rumsiskes Open Air Museum, Panemune castle, Palanga Amber museum, Hill of crosses
– Ecological fees, ferry tickets
– Vilnius and Kaunas city tax
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.