Start in Vilnius and end in Klaipeda! With the Self-Guided tour Lithuania – Vilnius to the Coast, you have a 9 days tour package taking you through Vilnius, Lithuania and 6 other destinations in Lithuania.
Day 01: Arrive Vilnius (Lithuania)
Arrival in Vilnius. Meet assist with an arrival transfer from the airport to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Free morning to visit Vilnius then cycle to Trakai Island Castle (32km/20mi)
Your rental bike will be delivered to the hotel this morning. You will need to pack the panniers with your needs for the cycle trip, and your main luggage is then transferred to the last hotel in Klapeida. In the morning you are free to explore Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania for more than 600 years. In the afternoon you’ll cycle to Trakai, a former capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania where you can visit the 14th century castle built on a small island in Lake Galve. Overnight in Trakai.
Day 03: Cycle through a land of lakes and small hills to Zasliai, train to Kaunas (46km/28.5mi)
The cycling today is on a picturesque, rolling road through the land of lakes and hills, pass Elektrenai where the most powerful thermal power station in Lithuania is located. Finish cycling in Žasliai, where you’ll take a train (not included) for a half-hour ride to Kaunas, the second largest city and former Lithuanian capital from 1919-1939. Overnight in Kaunas.
Day 04: Cycle along the Nemunas River enroute to Panemune Castle (75km/46.6mi)
In the morning you can explore the Old Town of Kaunas, before cycling along the Nemunas River to Mikytai, where you’ll take a ferry across the river to Vilkija. Continue cycling along the river to the impressive Panemune Castle, which dates from 16th-17th century. En route you’ll cross the Dubysa River, pass Veliuona mound hill, the grave of the Grand Duke Gediminas and Raudone Castle. Overnight in Panemune Castle (hotel).
Day 05: Follow a route past the Viesvile Nature Reserve to Taurage (60km/37mi)
Continue cycling along the Nemunas River to Jurbarkas. From Jurbarkas you’ll ride towards Smalininkai, which for many years was a border town between Lithuania and the Germanised Klaipeda Region. From here you’ll leave the Nemunas River for a while and cycle through the woods towards Taurage, passing the Viešvile Nature Reserve. Overnight in Taurage.
Day 06: Cycle to Silute through the land of storks (60km/37.5mi)
Cycling on local, country roads you’ll reach the town of Šilute, named after “Šilokarcema” (a pub in the pine forest). This region is known as a land of storks and the White Stork truly deserves its place as Lithuanian’s national bird. Overnight in Šilute.
Day 07: To Vente Horn and cross the Curonian Lagoon to Nida (33 or 48km/20.5 or 30mi)
In the morning you cycle to Vente Horn to visit the 19th century lighthouse and the Ornithological Station. Enjoy a panoramic view of the landscape, including a glimpse of the Curonian Spit’s sand dunes washed by the Baltic Sea on one side and the Curonian Lagoon on the other. Cross the Curonian Lagoon by boat to Nida, a former fishermen’s village, now the largest town on the Curonian Spit and one of the most beautiful resorts in Lithuania. Overnight in Nida.
Day 08: Cycle the Curonian Spit to Klaipeda (58km/36.25mi)
Explore Nida, where you can cycle alongside impressive sand dunes and visit the most popular places of interest – the Fisherman’s House, the summer house of famous German writer Thomas Mann, and the Amber Gallery. Afterwards cycle on an asphalt bike path through woods along the Curonian Spit to Klaipeda. En route you can stop for a walk on a wooden path to the Dead Dunes, where you’ll be rewarded with a panoramic view of the Curonian Lagoon and the Baltic Sea. You can also watch a colony of grey herons and cormorants, and explore the Hill of Witches, which has one hundred fanciful and folksy wooden sculptures scattered along a forest path in Juodkrante village. Arrive in Klaipeda to take a ferry to the Old Town. Our representative will meet with you for the bike return this afternoon, and deliver your main luggage. Overnight in Klaipeda.
Day 09: Depart Klaipeda
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Vilnius||01||Radisson Blu Royal Astorija|
|Trakai||01||Viva Trakai Resort|
|Kaunas||01||Radisson Hotel Kaunas|
|Panemune Castle||01||Panemune Castle (hotel).|
|Klaipeda||01||Michaelson Boutique Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 08 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
– Bike rental with panniers and one tachometer per two bikes (e-bike and superior bike available – supplement applies – note USD 250 per e-bike deposit is required locally).
– Information pack with route notes and map (one set per room), GPS tracks available on request
– Boat trip across Curonian Lagoon
– Emergency hotline
– BIKES During the trip you will be provided with a 7-speed or 24-speed hybrid trekking bike including a waterproof handlebar bag with map holder and repair kit. Helmets are not supplied but are mandatory on all bike tours – you are encouraged to bring your own well-fitted helmet from home or you can rent locally however we cannot guarantee their suitability. Electric bikes are available for an additional cost (must be pre-booked).
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.