If this is the first time you will be visiting the fantastic Faroe Islands, then we have the perfect trip for you! 8 days with transport to/from airport and 4 excursions with our local English-speaking guide. You will experience the northern islands, stop by a Viking excavation in Leirvík, as well as the church in Klaksvík. You’re going to visit a wool factory, see the bird paradise that is Mykines and to round it all up, a trip to the Vestmanna Bird Cliffs by boat.
Day 01: Welcome to the Faroe Islands
After arrival by direct flight to the fantastic Faroe Islands, will take you to Hotel, which will be your home for the next 7 nights.
Day 02: Northern Islands Trip: Fugloy, Svinoy, Borooy & Kunoy
Breakfast at the hotel. You will be picked up at the hotel just before 8 am, and the excursion is a full day trip to the northern islands. The mountains up north are characterized by being high and steep – and you will have the opportunity, to take several pictures from different spots where we will stop by on our route. You will be able to see Fugloy, Svinoy, Borooy and Kunoy, and we will be stopping by the beautiful church in Klaksvik, a wool factory and the Viking exacavations in Leirvik. You will be back in Tórshavn around 5pm. Lunch is included on today’s trip.
Day 03: Mykines Bird Paradise Island Day Trip
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will make a trip to the westernmost island of Mykines, also called bird paradise, as the island has a rich bird life. See among others the impressive bird Gannet who is the king among the Faroese birds, and only breeds on Mykinesholm. Get close to puffins, the charming little birds with the colorful beaks. The tour is guided on the bus til we reach the ferry at Sorvagur. This is a guided tour of The bird island of Mykines. New rules and regulations by the local community, require all vistors to be guided by a certified tour guide. We have teamed up with a local guide who will welcome you at the harbor.
Day 04: Panorama & Vestmanna Bird Cliffs Tour
Breakfast at the hotel. Via the mountain road to Vestmanna where the excursion boat awaits. The boat sails along the cliff wall, into a narrow strait and into some of the many grottoes. On the return to Tórshavn stop at the Viking settlements in Kvivik.
Day 05: Northern Eysturoy Trip
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will visit the stone formations ”The Giant and the Hag” – Risin & Kellingin – are a spectacular viewpoint from Eioi and here you can also see the highest mountain on the Faroe Islands. Visit to Saksun – a small village surrounded by high mountains in beautiful settings.
Day 06 – 07: Day at Leisure in Torshavn
Breakfast at the hotel. These two days are at your own leisure. We suggest you take a tour through Tórshavn’s old town a Reyni, and visit the world’s oldest parliament “Tinagnes”. There are several interesting museums to visit, and perhaps you wish to enjoy lunch at the Nordic House. Enjoy the world’s smallest capital with its maritime cafés, restaurants, designer shops and beautifully coloured houses.
Day 08: Depart Faroe Islands
Airport transfer according to your return flight.
|Torshavn||07||Hilton Garden Inn Torshavn|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Experience Northern Islands Tour (9 hours)
– Mykines Island – Bird Lovers Paradise (10.5 hours)
– Northern Eysturoy Tour (7 hours)
– Panorama & Vestmanna Bord Cliffs Tour (5 hours)
– English speaking guide on all excursions
– ATOL protection
– All transfers, sightseeing by private vehicle
– English speaking guide.
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.