The Faroe Islands is an experience of a lifetime; the islands have a unique nature, a rich history and a rich culture. The ever changing weather with rain, mist, heat and sunshine provides a breathtaking natural beauty, and gives it stunning colors. A unique nature, but also so much more; you can explore the worlds smallest capitial, the world’s oldest parliament “Tinagnes”, probably the best preserved old town in Europe “á Reyni”, and the oldest wooden house in the world “Roykstovan”, the ruins of St. Magnus cathedral from the 1300s, Ólav’s church from the 1200s, the second highest promontory in Europe Enniberg (788m) and Nólsoy, with the world’s largest colony of stormpetrel and the lighthouse with the largest lens in the world.
Day 01: Welcome to the Faroe Islands
Arrive in the Faroe Islands. The car will be transfer from airport to hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Mykines Island – the Bird Paradise
We suggest that you use the day on the island of Mykines – an un paralleled bird paradise. You should take the boat from the dock in Sorvagi at 10:20am, and you will be back around 6pm.
Day 03: Vagar – Eysturoy – Kvivik & Viking Settlement
Today you will switch hotels, and you will be going from Vagar to Eysturoy via Streymoy, On your way to Gjogv you will pass through the first underwater tunnel in the Faroe Islands, where you’re over 100 meters below sea level. You take a detour to Vestmanna, and go on the sightseeing boat to the birdcliffs – the tour takes around 2 hours.
When you’re leaving Vestmanna, you will drive by Kvivik, and you should stop here to visit the Viking settlement found there.
You will cross the “Atlantic Bride” to Eysturoy, and then on to Eioi, where you will have a spectacular view over the rock formations “the Giant and the Bitch”, just off the north top of Eysturoy.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Tjornavik Beach, Gjogv & Eioi
Today you to visit the scenic village of Tjornavik, where you should take off your shoes, and cool your feet on the lovely beach. In Tjornavik you will see visible traces of the VIkings. On the way back to Gjogv you should stop by Saksun, which is definitely worth a visit – see the church and the museum Duvugarour. On the mountain pass between Gjogv and Eioi you will spot the highest mountain in the Faroe Islands.
Day 05: Oyndarfjorour “Rolling Stones” & Klaksvik
You will change to a different hotel today. On your trip to Klaksvik, you’ll stop by the village of Oyndarfjorour, where you will see the mystical “Rolling Stones” (Rinkusteinar), where legend says that an old witch cursed two pirate ships, turning them into rocks, and forever make them rock at the shore.
You should also visit the church, where the danish painter Eckersberg, painted the altarpiece. After Oyndarfjorour, you’ll go trhough the second, and newest, sub-sea tunnel on the Faroe Islands leading to Klaksvik.
You should keep an eye out for the decoration at the bottom of the tunnel, where the artist Trondur Patursson has decorated with glass art. Overnight at hotel.
Day 6: Vioareioi, “Enniberg” & Torshavn
Todays excursions are located on the northern islands; first you will be heading to Vioareioi, the northernmost islands of the Faroes. Here you’ll have the opportunity to climb the second highest promontory in Europe “Enniberg”, and enjoy the exceptional view over Fugloy, Svinoy, Borooy and Kunoy.
You visit Elisabeth (Hja Elisabeth), a small guesthouse in Vioareioi, to have lunch or perhaps a cup of coffee.
After Vioareioi you’ll drive by the dam to Kunoy, where you can have a walk through the idyllic plantation. On your way to your “new” home in Torshavn, that you visit the viking settlement in Leirvik. In Torshavn you’ll spend two nights at Hotel.
Day 7: Nolsoy, Ornithologist visit & the Diana Victoria Boat
On day 7 you take a full day trip to the island of Nolsoy – the boat departures from the harbour, just by the hotel, and it only takes 15-20 minutes to reach the island. When you land on Nolsoy, you’ll go several decades back in time.
Take the opportunity to experience the island with a local guide, and visit the southern part of the island, where you’ll find the lighthouse, built by beautiful cut. The lighthouse also has one of the biggest lenses in the world, 282 cm wide and weighs 4 ton
You will also find the biggest colony of stormpetrels on the islands – and remember to visits the ornithologist, Jens Kjeld Jensen, and see all his stuffed birds and other animals. One of the biggest attractions on the islands however, is the boat Diana Victoria, which is located in the basement of the tourist center – this was the boat that Ove Joensen used to row over 900 miles to Copenhagen, all by himself.
Day 8: Depart Faroe Islands
Now it’s time to departure from the Faroe Islands again. We at Make Travel hope that you will have lots of great memories with you back home.
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfast & Dinners
– All transfers, sightseeing by private vehicle
– English speaking guide.
– ATOL protection
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.