The Best Of Ireland trip starts and ends in Dublin. It is a cultural, religious and historic sites tour that takes 10 days taking you through Waterford, Dublin, Kylemore Abbey and 3 other destinations in Ireland.
An in-depth encounter with the Best of Ireland awaits, from spectacular sights like the Cliffs of Moher and Ring of Kerry to the past and present showcased in Dublin, Galway and pretty Adare. You’ll learn all about Irish famine history, former kings and how to embrace the craic.
Day 01: Welcome to Ireland
Write your own lively tale of legends and iconic landscapes during this epic encounter with Ireland’s treasures. We begin our journey in the whimsical capital of Dublin, joining a Local Specialist to see the sights. Irish history takes centre stage this evening as we visit Glasnevin Trust for an informative and poignant tour with a Local Specialist. Our visit will Make Travel Matter to its efforts to preserve Irish history and we’ll hear stories about some of the country’s bravest characters and enjoy a Welcome Reception with our representative.
Day 02: Through the Scenic County Wicklow to Waterford
Journey through the scenic countryside of County Wicklow, ‘The Garden of Ireland’, and on to New Ross – the ancestral home town of John F. Kennedy. Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the plight of the starving Irish emigrants who boarded the Dunbrody Famine Ship to flee the potato famine. We continue to Waterford, where we’ll stay overnight. This afternoon, we celebrate the centuries-old craft of flint glass creations, as we Dive Into Culture at the House of Waterford Crystal and witness talented master craftsmen at work.
Day 03: Journey to Blarney and on to Killarney
Today, we travel through County Cork and pursue the ‘gift of the gab’ at Blarney Castle, where you’ll have a chance to kiss the famous stone. Arrive in Killarney for a two-night stay.
Day 04: A Day on the Ring of Kerry
Ireland’s soul-stirring Ring of Kerry takes centre stage today as we embark on a scenic drive past its mountains, lakes and lush green countryside – unquestionably one of the most scenic routes in Ireland. We’ll see Daniel O’Connell’s Cahirciveen, the fishing village of Waterville, Moll’s Gap and the Black Valley, whose remoteness saw it become the last area in Ireland to receive electricity.
Day 05: Onwards to Lively Limerick
We continue through the windswept countryside, arriving in Adare, one of the prettiest villages in Ireland. On arrival in Limerick, we’ll enjoy views of St. Mary’s Cathedral, the Treaty Stone and the 13th-century King John’s Castle during an orientation tour. Delve into an Ireland of old, as you discover the day-to-day life of the Irish during the 18th and 19th centuries on your included visit to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park this afternoon.
Day 06: Admire the Cliffs of Moher and Onwards to Galway
We journey to the magnificent Cliffs of Moher, which plunge over 200 metres into the Atlantic waters below. Gain insights into the history of these imposing sheer cliffs during a visit to the ‘Atlantic Edge’ exhibition. Later, we arrive in Galway with some time at leisure to see its beautiful stone Cathedral or stroll through Eyre Square.
Day 07: A Day Exploring Stunning Connemara
Connemara’s ‘savage beauty’ is yours to explore today as we tread in the footsteps of Oscar Wilde who described its ‘wild and mountainous splendour’ as magnificent. Admire the views on the scenic drive to Kylemore Abbey, now a Benedictine monastery, where we will embark on an included visit to the country’s most romantic castle and walk through its exquisite Victorian Walled Garden.
Day 08: A Pilgrimage to Knock and on to Sligo
Our journey takes us to Westport House where we’ll Connect With Locals and indulge in a memorable Be My Guest experience with tales of the Pirate Queen, and enjoy Banoffee and Baileys flavours in the Drawing Room of this stately 18th-century home. Heading north, we stop in the pilgrimage town of Knock to view the Marian Shrine where villagers witnessed an apparition of Our Lady in 1879. We arrive in Sligo this evening, our home for the night.
Day 09: Return to Lively Dublin
Our journey continues south to Dublin. Here we’ll enjoy some free time to take a walk down Grafton Street or stroll along the Liffey. This evening, we close the chapter on an epic journey through Ireland, joining our fellow travellers for a memorable Farewell Dinner.
Day 10: Farewell Ireland
Airport transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Dublin||01||Radisson Blu St. Helen’s Hotel, Dublin|
|Limerick||01||George Hotel Limerick City|
|Galway||02||The g Hotel & Spa|
|Dublin||01||Clayton Dublin Airport|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 09 nights accommodation on Ship
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All present government taxes
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.