Start and end in Dublin, the Irish Wonder tour is a guided cultural, religious and historic sites tour that takes 8 days. You will travel through Blarney Castle, Lahinch, Limerick and 4 other destinations in Ireland.
Day 01: Arrive Dublin sightseeing
Ireland’s ‘fair’ capital kick-starts your exhilarating encounter with the ‘Emerald Isle’. After check-in, don’t resist the youthful energy of Dublin and take to its streets in search of its characteristic craic. You’ll join your Local Specialist later for a sightseeing tour which includes views of St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Trinity College, which houses the 9th-century Book of Kells, Ireland’s greatest cultural treasure. Tap into Dublin’s effervescent spirit and head to Temple Bar or Grafton Street on your own this evening. There’s a colourful pub on every corner, with happy locals and tourists spilling out on to the pavements. You could be one of them. Slinte!
Day 02: Dublin Boyle Knock Ballina
It seems almost impossible that a place as arrestingly beautiful as Ireland exists, but it does. Its famous countryside glows green and gold as you venture west, every turn in the road revealing yet another magnificent view. There’s no better way to admire this enchanting scenery than on an Optional Experience cruise along the Shannon River, the longest river in the British Isles. Later, view the ruins of the 12th-century Boyle Abbey before arriving in Knock. It was here in 1879 that villagers witnessed an apparition of Our Lady and today pilgrims the world over visit the village’s Marian Shrine. Later, head to your hotel in Ballina where you’ll dine tonight. Maybe opt to join in a chorus or two at a cosy pub with the locals.
Day 03: Belleek (Northern Ireland) County Donegal excursion
Cross the border into Northern Ireland this morning for a visit to the Belleek Pottery Centre. Its elegant fine porcelain has been gracing dining tables all over the world for over a century and you’ll have an opportunity to buy a Shamrock-adorned memento for yourself during your visit. Head to Donegal next where you’ll view its 15th-century castle, then continue past the harbour town of Mullaghmore. Next, stop at Drumcliff where acclaimed poet and playwright, W.B. Yeats was laid to rest. See the self-penned epitaph on his simple headstone urging the horseman to ‘pass by’ before returning to your hotel in Ballina.
Day 04: Ballina Westport Galway County Limerick
Discover why Westport on Ireland’s west coast justifiably earns its title as Ireland’s most liveable town. It certainly is one of the prettiest as you’ll see first-hand when you travel through it and the breathtaking coastal landscape of Connemara, captured in John Wayne’s acclaimed ‘The Quiet Man’. Visit Galway next to see the cathedral and a stroll around Eyre Square, also known as John F. Kennedy Memorial Park. Our orientation drive through Limerick includes views of the city’s medieval-era St. Mary’s Cathedral and King John’s Castle. Tonight you can dine like lords and ladies at a medieval banquet Optional Experience in the great hall of a castle. A court jester and the castle’s musicians will keep you entertained in the manner to which you’ve become accustomed. More mead, anyone?
Day 05: Cliffs of Moher excursion
Peer over the edge of the emerald-topped cliffs to the crashing waves of the Atlantic below. The rugged and wild Cliffs of Moher have been proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site and for good reason. Spot the curious colourful-beaked puffins that have settled along this western coast and visit the magnificent Cliffs of Moher exhibition, before continuing to Limerick, where the rest of your day is free. Take a step back to the 19th century with an Optional Experience to Bunratty Folk Park exploring its village dotted with thatched cottages and the 15th-century castle.
Day 06: County Limerick Ring of Kerry Tralee (1 Night)
Leave Ireland’s first ‘City of Culture’ behind for a journey across dramatic landscapes in the wild west. Keep your camera at hand as your scenic drive around the ‘Ring of Kerry’ passes colourful villages, deserted beaches and quiet fishing harbours. Later arrive in Tralee in County Kerry, where the Rose of Tralee International Festival attracts Irish women from around the world to compete for the crown of ‘Rose’. You’re in for a spectacular performance of Irish music, song and dance performed by champion dancers and musicians should you choose to join this evening’s Optional Experience.
Day 07: Tralee Blarney Dublin
Kiss the Blarney Stone and acquire the ‘gift of the gab’ on your visit to Blarney Castle this morning. Then it’s time to return to Dublin where you’ll put your silver tongue to good use during an evening optional dinner and cabaret evening that will have your toes tapping and taste buds craving another round of Irish coffee. It will be time well spent with new friends after a memorable holiday.
Day 08: Depart Dublin
Transfer to airport transfer for flight back to home.
|Dublin||01||Radisson Blu St. Helen’s Hotel, Dublin|
|Ballina||02||Ballina Manor Hotel|
|Limerick||02||George Hotel Limerick City|
|Kerry||01||Killarney Manor House|
|Dublin||01||Radisson Blu St. Helen’s Hotel, Dublin|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation on Ship
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All present government taxes
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.