The 7-day Burundi Discovery Tour is a holiday, cultural, historical, and sightseeing tour in a country of relaxation. This tour package can be tailor-made or combined with Rwanda and Uganda. Take a 7-day tour in Burundi part of Africa private tours and explore Burundi things to do and see, Gishora drummers, Bujumbura city tour, Karera waterfalls, and beautiful landscapes.
Day 01: Arrival In Bujumbura
On your arrival at Bujumbura Airport, meet and greet by your driver guide and transfer to the hotel for check-in. Afterwards, go for a city tour in Bujumbura to visit the Rusizi National Park where a boat trip is possible to let you explore closer the hippos and birds in Rusizi River; Albert’s crocodiles; Islam Culture Centre; the Explorers Memorial, a huge rock in the Suburbs of Bujumbura commemorating the meeting between explorers Livingstone & Stanley; Independence hero mausoleum & Unity monument, Belvedere Hill offering a nice of Lake Tanganyika and the city. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Kiganda Royal Grounds- Historical Tour
After breakfast, drive to Kibira National Park to visit the Teza tea plantations. After, visit Kiganda royal grounds, one of the historical sanctuaries containing all details about signing the Treaty between Germans and King Mwezi Gisabo who was the traditional ruler during that colonial era. Proceed the visit to the royal inauguration grounds where the Kings Mutaga Mbikije, Mwezi Gisabo, and many other ancient political kings Club. Touring this site is an incredible chance for one to enjoy the Burundian ancient royal walk on elegant, well-kept royal grounds. In the afternoon, drive to Gitega for overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Gishora Drum Sanctuary-Gitega National Museum
After breakfast, drive to Gishora drum sanctuary and visit the Burundi National museum, Mushasha catholic village, ancient administrative offices during colonial time, the coffee factory (BUDECA) and the Catholic village before returning to hotel for overnight.
Day 04: Karera Waterfalls
After breakfast, transfer to Rutana to admire the amazing Karera waterfalls; later, drive to Makamba to visit the “Agasimbo dancers”, a traditional dance found in the southern region of the country and then transfer to Nyanza-Lac for overnight at hotel.
the country and then transfer to Nyanza-Lac for overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Muhweza Hot Springs – Rumonge Natural Reserve
the fishing village and Burton-Speke memorial in Nyanza-Lac and transfer to Rumonge to visit the Rumonge Natural reserve for monkey trekking and bird watching, continue to Muhweza hot springs and the palm oil factory. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Source Of The River Nile
After breakfast, visit the Source of the River Nile at Rutovu, a not-so-small forest with a river stream that several researchers, including the BBC, have corroborated to be the Source of the River Nile, the longest river in Africa and second-longest in the world. On your way back to Bujumbura, you will stop by one of the families in the Mugamba region to understand the daily lifestyle of the people in this region. Overnight at hotel
Day 07: Departure
Morning transfer to the airport in time for your flight back to home.
|Bujumbura||01||Safari Gate Hotel|
|Kibira NP||02||Tropitel Hotel Gitega|
|Nyanza-Lac||01||East African Hotel|
|Rumonge Ruminge||01||Tanganyika Blue Bay Resort.|
|Bujumbura||01||Safari Gate Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 06 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– National Park Fee
– Drum and Agasimngo performance fee
– English Speaking Guide during sightseeing.
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle.
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
• Domestic and International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.