Start in Madrid and end in Barcelona! With the Discovery tour Classical Spain, you have a 8 days tour package taking you through Madrid, Spain and 9 other destinations in Spain.
Day 01: Arrive Madrid
Welcome to Madrid! Upon arrival at the airport, we shall be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. Check the informative panels in the hotel reception area for the welcome meeting with our representative to receive information about the circuit. Towards the end of the day, we provide transfers to the Egyptian Debod temple, Plaza de Es¬paña
Day 02: Madrid
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Madrid city tour. Stroll through the Retiro Park. Visit to the Plaza de Toros de las Ventas bullring. Night transfer The day starts about 08.30 hrs with a comprehensive tour through the centre of Madrid including Paseo del Prado, Cibeles, Neptuno, the Gate of Alcalá, Plaza de Colón and Plaza Mayor. Visit to Retiro Park, an oasis in the city centre, where we will see the lake and the Glass Palace. Admission to Las Ventas Bullring included. This is one of the most famous bullrings in the world where we will learn about the tradition of “corridas” in the Bullfighting Museum. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Madrid, Granada
TODAY’S HIGLIGHTS: entrance and local guide in the Alhambra. Evening transfer. Leaving Madrid by bus in the early morning (if the group of English-speaking travellers is small, sometimes they will share the trip to Granada with Spanish-speaking passengers). We travel to the south across La Mancha, stopping in PUERTO LÁPICE, a ‘manchego’ village evoking the figure of Don Quixote. We will enter Andalusia via Despeñaperros. GRANADA, arrival. In the afternoon we will visit the immense Alhambra Palace, with entrance and local guide included, and its beautiful Generalife gardens, built in Arab times.
Day 04: Granada, Malaga, Marbella, Ronda, Seville
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: we will see the beautiful Andalusian village of Ronda. We leave Granada and travel towards the Costa del Sol. MALAGA, arrival and time for a stroll in the historic centre with its cathedral and the Picasso Museum. After this we will continue along the coastal motorway with beautiful views of the Mediterranean. PUERTO BANUS, in Marbella, a pretty high level recreational port. Time for lunch. In the afternoon we will continue through the hills and their stories of bandoliers until we come to RONDA, a very beautiful white town with its large gorge that divides it in two. Continuation to SEVILLE. Arrival at the end of the afternoon.
Day 05: Seville, Madrid
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Guided visit with local expert in Seville. High Speed train from Seville to Madrid. After breakfast, a local expert guides you through a scenic visit of Seville featuring the Cathedral and its famous Giralda, the banks of the Guadalquivir river, popular neighborhoods of Santa Cruz and Triana and the beautiful Plaza de España (note: if the group has fewer than fifteen travelers, it can be arranged in both Spanish and English). In the afternoon, you will be transferred to the train station. We travel for 2 ½ h on a high-speed train to Madrid. The train is quite comfortable and it is an enjoyable trip through Andalusian and Castilian landscapes. Possibility for the train to reach speeds of around 300 km/h (186 m/h). Arrival to Madrid and transfer to the hotel.
Day 06: Madrid, Zaragoza (saragossa), Poblet, Montserrat, Barcelona
TODAY´S HIGHLIGHTS: Basílica del Pilar. Visit to a medieval monastery. Ride on a rack train.. We depart early in the morning from Madrid. Heading towards Aragón, we pause our journey in ZARAGOZA. Our guide will join the group to Basílica del Pi¬lar. Afterwards the group will have free time to visit this impressive sanctuary and enjoy the city centre. Later, we make our way to Cataluña to the Monastery of Poblet, surrounded by walls in a beautiful setting, this is one of the best preserved medieval monasteries in the world (entrance and guided tour included). We then go on to the Monastery of Montserrat where we include a ride on the rack train for the fantastic views this gives. Continuation to BARCELONA, arrival in the late afternoon. Important note: in the winter months, from November to March (both included), due to the shorter days, the Monastery of Poblet will not be visited (so that we can reach Montserrat in the daylight)
Day 07: Barcelona
TODAY’S HIGHLIGHTS: Barcelona city tour. “Spanish Village” visit and evening transfer to Las Ramblas district. Today we will get to know Barcelona, an impressive city right on the Medi¬terranean Sea. Our visit includes an informative city tour with a local expert (note: If the group has fewer than fifteen people, explanations can be given by our guide.) We also visit the city’s historic central area with its Gothic neigh¬bourhood dating back to the Middle Ages. We will visit the area where the Olympic Games took place. It will be possible to see and photograph La Sagrada Fa¬milia basilica; the masterpiece designed by the architect Gaudí. Subsequently, we include the entry ticket to “Poble Espanyol” (meaning “Spanish Village”). This open air architectural museum is situated in one of the most emblematic areas of Barcelona. Be delighted by the best Spanish craftsmanship and discover the architectural styles, traditions and folklore of the different communities in Spain. Free time to explore the city on your own. In the evening we provide transfer to Las Ramblas and Plaza Cata-lunya area, where you can select from a great variety of restaurants (including Indian, Chinese, Halal, International and regional Spanish cuisine). Return to hotel.
Day 08: Depart Barcelona
Final departure transfer to airport. End of our services.
|Madrid||02||NH Collection Madrid Paseo del Prado|
|Granada||01||Eurostars Washington Irving|
|Seville||01||Eurostars Torre Sevilla|
|Madrid||01||NH Collection Madrid Paseo del Prado|
|Barcelona||02||Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.