Start and end in Bishkek! With the In-depth Cultural tour Essentials of Kyrgyzstan, you have a 6 days tour package taking you through Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and 3 other destinations in Kyrgyzstan.
Located in remote Central Asia, with a relatively young age, having only achieved independence from the Soviet Union in 1991, and opened to tourism just a couple of years ago, it’s not at all surprising that, in the Western world, not many people know about a beautiful country called Kyrgyzstan. This culture is not only unique and highly interesting but also, in very few places in the world is the nomadic culture as accessible as it is in Kyrgyzstan, since in each and every one of those camps, you will be more than welcome to eat or interact with the locals.
Day 01: Arrive Bishkek
Arrival to the aiport Manas and meeting Kyrgyz team. Transfer to Bishkek – the capital. Overnight in Bishkek.
Day 02: Bishkek – Burana – Chon-Kemin
Start of the Bishkek city tour: Сentral Square Ala-Too, Monument of the National Hero Manas, Statue of Lenin, Old Square with Parliament House, Victory Square, Oak Park, Opera House, Philharmonic Theatre. Overnight in Bishkek
Day 03: Chon-Kemin – Skazka – Djety-Oguz – Karakol
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to Chon-Kemin. On the way visit to Burana Tower – middle age minaret, built in Balasagun town – the capital of Karakhanid State (IX-XI AD). Explore ruins of that important trading point at the Great Silk Road and visit a little local museum and a collection of Balbals, Turkic ancient stone sculptures. Continuing driving to Chon-Kemin. Upon arrival lunch and short rest. In the afternoon horseback riding (extra fee) in the mountains or light hiking. Overnight in Karakol.
Day 04: Karakol – Cholpon-Ata – Karakol
After breakfast drive to Karakol – administrative center of Issyk-Kul region. The road goes along the south shore of the Issykul lake. Issykul is the second largest alpine lake in the world. Possible to see a yurt (ancient nomadic house) installation at the house of local family (extra pay). where the nomadic yurt installation will take place, showing the entire process engaging participants. On the way visit of the Skazka (Fairy Tale) Canyon with its colorful sandy formations. It provides one of the best views of the Issyk-Kul Lake. Next stop is Djety Oguz, a scenic mountain valley, which is famous for its red rocks called «Seven Bulls» and «Broken Heart». Upon arrival walk around the area and taking some pictures. Drive to Karakol. Overnight in Karakol.
Day 05: Karakol – Cholpon-Ata
Breakfast at the hotel. Start of the Karakol sightseeing tour: Visit of the Dungan Mosque (XIX century), a unique building in Chinese style with no nails used. Also, visit of the wooden Russian Orthodox Church of The Holy Trinity built at the end of the XIX century. Walk around the central bazaar (market) to feel the real life of the city. Next destination is Cholpon-Ata. On the way visit to the museum of a famous Russian explorer of XIX century N.M. Przhevalsky, who was the first European to explore and describe Central Asia as well as to draw the map of it. Continue driving to Cholpon-Ata. Upon arrival visit of the open-air museum of prehistoric monumental structures (rock engravings, stone circles, tombs, the remains of a boundary stone wall,) and petroglyphs (V BC – VI AD) of Scythians and Hungsuns civilizations. Also visit to Historical Museum of the Issy-Kul region in Cholpon-Ata. Overnight in Cholpon-Ata
Day 06: Cholpon-Ata – Tamchy – Bishkek – Airport
After breakfast drive to Bishkek. On the way visit of the Tamchy village, where local craftswomen can demonstrate traditional felt carpet making. Continue drive to the Bishkek’s airport to catch an evening flight to next destination.
|Bishkek||02||Hyatt Regency Bishkek|
|Karakol||02||Hotel Hillside Karakol|
|Cholpon-Ata||01||Kapriz Issyk Kul Resort|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 05 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.