Start and end in Paris! With the Discovery tour French Ring, you have a 11 days tour package taking you through Paris, France and 23 other destinations in France.
Day 01: Arrive Paris
Arrival. Transfer to the hotel. Welcome to Paris! Upon arriving at the airport, we will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. Check the information boards in the hotel reception area for details of the welcome meeting with your guide and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Paris
City tour in Paris. Transfer to the Montmartre neighbourhood. Today we take a guided tour to discover the history, main boulevards and the breathtaking monuments of Paris. Later in the day, we provide a transfer to the Montmartre dis¬trict. This neighbourhood is known for its painters, artists, and its cab¬arets. Sit down for lunch and enjoy this magical place where you can choose from the various cuisines this area has to offer. We will then return to the hotel or take some leisure time to enjoy the city.
Day 03: Paris
Transfer to Versailles palace. Today we will include a transfer to Versailles, with its immense palace and beautiful gardens. Free afternoon.
Day 04: Paris, Rouen, Arromanches, Caen
Monet’s house. Rouen. Beaches where the Normany landings took place. Early departure from Paris, travelling towards Normandy, making a stop in GIVERNY. We will visit Monet’s House and its impressive gardens (entrance included) ; we talk about Impressionist art, which had its centre in Normandy. The journey continues to ROUEN, the capital of Normandy with its medieval streets and cathedral. Here we have time for a stroll and to take lunch. We continue to ARROMANCHES, on its beaches we are reminded of the World War II landings in France. Last stop is CAEN, where we take some leisure time in the central district.
Day 05: Caen, Mont St. Michel, St. Malo, Dinan, Rennes
Mont S. Michel. French Brittany. First thing in the morning we travel to MONT SAINT MICHEL, time to see the Abbey located within the city on an island. After this, whilst travelling in the Brittany region, we stop at SAINT MALO, whose powerful walls defend the city, where we will have time for lunch. In the afternoon we continue to DINAN, take some time to explore this Breton village full of charm. We continue our way to RENNES, the capital of Brittany with its interesting and monumental historic centre.
Day 06: Rennes, Angers, Tours, Villandry, Amboise
Loire region and castles. Dinner included. In the morning we will leave for ANGERS. Those who want can visit the castle that houses the largest medieval tapestry on the Apocalypse. After this we continue to the Loire Valley, visiting TOURS, the regional capital on the banks of the Loire River, with time for a stroll and to take lunch. In the afternoon we will visit the CHATEAU DE VILLANDRY, famous for its gardens and flowers (tickets to the gardens are included). Journey on to AMBOISE, a city with a very interesting medieval quarter. Dinner included. Note: Sometimes the accommodation may be offered in the city of Tours.
Day 07: Amboise, Chenonceaux, Chambord, Limoges
Castles of Loire. A day to learn more about the Loire region. First a stroll through Amboise in the early hours to the Clos Lucé mansion where leonardo da Vinci spent the last 3 years of his life. Exploring the Loire region in a little more depth, we visit CHENONCEAU CASTLE (tickets included), built like a bridge over the River Cher. We continue to CHAMBORD, the largest castle of Loire (entrance to the park included). We will then travel to the centre of France, making a stop for coffee in ARGENTON SUR CREUSE, a small medieval town on the banks of the Creuse River. We continue to LIMOGES, a city known for its porcelain, where we recommend a stroll in the centre to see its cathedral.
Day 08: Limoges, Sarlat, Beynac, Rocamadour
Dordogne Valley of unforgettable villages. Lascaux cave museum. Beynac medieval castle. Dinner included.We will leave Limoges for the Dordogne. Few regions contain so many villages full of charm and unforgettable countryside. We arrive at LASCAUX, we will include admission to the museum and replica of the caves, we will learn about the site’s prehistory with the magnificent cave paintings. After that we see SARLAT, a world heritage town with an incredibly well-preserved Renaissance historic centre, where there will be time to stroll and have lunch. In BEYNAC we see a medieval castle overlooking the river (admission included). ROCAMADOUR, a beautiful medieval village with an important sanctuary “hung” over a ravine; we suggest you walk down the via crucis and come back up in the lift. Dinner included.
Day 09: Rocamadour, Padirac, Collonge La Rouge, St Emilion, Bordeaux
Padirac Caves, Midi Region and winemakers. We will go to the impressive PADIRAC caves, where we include a boat ride on the river 75 metres underground. A stop at COLLONGE LA ROUGE, a very picturesque village built with red stone on the Way of St James. Time for lunch. After lunch we travel to ST. EMILION, at the heart of the Bordeaux wine producing region. Time for a stroll. BORDEAUX, arrival at the end of the afternoon.NB: The caves may be closed in November or due to the weather conditions.
Day 10: Bordeaux – Paris (By High Speed Train)
Cité du vin in Bordeaux.- High-Speed train to Paris.- The entire centre of Bordeaux has been declared a World Heritage site. You will be amazed by the “water mirror” and stroll through the old town with its pedestrian streets and 11th century cathedral. We will include admission (free visit with audio information in English or French) to the CITE DU VIN, an impressive interactive museum that recounts the history of the wine and its production; wine tasting included at the viewpoint over Bordeaux. You will have free time later to stroll and have lunch on the banks of the Garonne River, an area full of small restaurants. After lunch we will take you to the railway station where we will take a modern high-speed train. In a little under two hours, you will cover the 500 km between Bordeaux and Paris. Arriving in Paris, the station & transfer to hotel.
Overnight at hotel
Day 11: Depart Paris
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Paris||03||Novotel P. D´Italie|
|Caen||01||Adagio Caen Centre|
|Rennes||01||Novotel Rennes Alma|
|Limoges||01||Campanile Limoges Centre|
|Burdeos||01||Mercure Le Lac|
|Paris||01||Novotel P. D´Italie|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 10 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– Boat: Padirac caves in Padirac
– High speed train: Bordeaux to Paris in PARIS
– 2 dinner included in: AMBOISE, ROCAMADOUR
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.